Ebay and paypal offers no protection on buyer in the end

1. forgotten
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2015

forgotten , Aug 7, 2015 :
    i ve paid for a device 180e (archos diamond 50) ,next day i changed mind and asked for cancelation and refund got no response in 3 days period , i asked ebay for help as item wasnt send and seller didnt reply .ebay told me that the only thing they could do is give me seller phone ,in the other part of world to resolve it ,not a thing from their behalf to help me ,they insisted me to open a paypal case,i opened a paypal case and to my dismay i am to wait for 11 days for a seller response ,i send multiple emails to them with no reply ,i called abroad to learn that i must wait still. it is my advise never get to a situation like this .

2. byno

byno , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Well of course PayPal wouldn't just refund you immediately, not sure what you were expecting there.

Be patient and wait, simple as that.

stevenswall and FriedLocust like this.
  3. forgotten

i would except to honor their policy if nothing was shipped why i need to wait for a seller reply in 11 days timeframe especially if seller says he ships in 2 days

4. bigjohnsta
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

bigjohnsta , Aug 7, 2015 :
    You need to open an eBay case (granted there's an issue on eBay's end.)

eBay covers buyers 100% so you'll be fine. In this case, looks like it's PayPal's issue, so you need to wait for the case to be completed to receive anything.

eBay has a poor "Seller Protection" plan however. So when you sell a product, buy the insurance on the shipping portion just in case anything happens, or the buyer claims they "never received" the product.

5. Superbrowndude

6. ppod
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2015

ppod , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Just do a paypal dispute, not sure what the problem is, or did you expect an immediate refund from the seller.

stevenswall likes this.
  7. forgotten

i ve already done that and i need to wait 11 days for seller to reply if ever

8. jrosser

jrosser , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Just make sure a case gets open. This makes the seller respond.

9. jlwest
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

jlwest , Aug 7, 2015 :
    It's eBay, if you open an eBay case you might be lucky, they are pretty good to their buyers. But I must say you got yourself in that position..

Deactivated User likes this.
  10. forgotten

nope 5th day with no reply from seller to paypal

11. byno

byno , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Standard procedure, I was £350 out of pocket for a few weeks before it was resolved. You'll be ok in the end.

As for eBay, well I always go in with the idea that if I win an auction or buy it now then I'm committing to the purchase.

12. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

Serbian Overlord , Aug 7, 2015 :
    "if ever" - ha...you clearly don't know how PayPal works. If you open a dispute, bump it ASAP to claim so you save 10 days to wait for dispute to end so you then start a claim. Second, pray that the seller doesn't respond because then PayPal will award the claim to your favor by default.

13. forgotten

respond what ,i didnt send the item nor refunded him? what to respond.

14. Deactivated User
    Aug 7, 2015

jlwest and ButterFlYnez like this.
  15. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

Serbian Overlord , Aug 7, 2015 :
    If you opened a PayPal case, he has to respond to it otherwise he loses the case. And what do you mean I haven't send the item or refunded him...are you the seller or buyer?

16. forgotten

buyer i just replied to the one who told me pray he doesnt response

17. MNX1024

MNX1024 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    If you paid with a credit card through PayPal, then do a chargeback on your end.

18. major90

major90 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Paypal will no longer dispute in Ebay Cases due to the breakup. Ebay is 100% responsible. I had this happened to me recently. As a buyer your entitled to protection, however you would need to call Ebay Customer support and request them to escalate the case. Then within 3 days you will be issued a refund if the seller does not adhere.

19. forgotten

i ve been both a buyer and seller, in my case though the cost of calling to him was gonna be astronomical to add up to loss ,to add that the seller never responded to any email doesnt show a person to trust, i wouldnt think that there are gonvernment postal services on saturday or sunday and therefore upon learning that it wont be usable to me i asked for cancelation. a proper seller would refund and send a mutual agreement not to complete transaction to avoid ebay fees ,to my case i got the no reply attitude and days later i was forced to paypal case ,to my dismay i found out that neither paypal nor ebay are customers friendly ,but only tend to ask for the feees .
    to add a little salt to the case ,according to european law a buyer has the right to return an item if he finds it not in his taste in 10 days so i am covered by that. seller didnt ship anything and never replied to my opinion i believe he wants to make me beg for my money ,a nice negative will be given to him

20. Deactivated User
    Aug 7, 2015