2. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 17, 2020

Gav_W86 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    thats not really an ecosystem.
    what would that add?

4. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    but bells and whistles for what purpose?
    Apple is a massive company with $260billion revenue and 137000 employees built over more than 40 years. There is a long way to go before OnePlus has the scale to do that.

B_Wrath likes this.
  5. L1587018999674 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    yes but it would make the workflow between one plus and system more seamless and integreted and hence improving the overall user experience of the customer so the probability of he or she leaving one plus and switching to other brand will be slim and hence increase the brand loyalty and hence more sales

6. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    the only way to do that would be to develop a new desktop OS, Apple have had over 40 years to develop this and get the 3rd party buy in and support around it (indeed long before they had a phone).

B_Wrath likes this.
  7. L1587018999674 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    yes but they can surely do with windows altough windows is very buggy . because samsung did with windows .
    worst case scenario they can use Linux distribution and tweak it according to their way and spend some amount to developers where they will port their professional apps to Linux distribution tweaked by one plus. This might take more money and time but if they start from now they can make a successful computer in near future may be with in 5 years.
    for example premiere pro ported to Linux .
    Already you have davinchi resolve for linux but no premier pro .
    so port premiere pro , all audio ,adobie, engineering , animation softwares as well.
    or partner with google to bring more 3rd party professional apps to chrome os.
    or make their own version of video editing , animation etc softwares .

8. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Samsung creating windows laptops is not really an ecosystem.
    desktop linux rocks in at approx 1.5% of the market, and it is that for a reason. It needs the app manufacturers to port the apps, and they are not going to bother for a market that is so small and fragmented (different distros = different issues).

9. L1587018999674 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    But you do get the apples continuity feature between samsung phones and windows.
    Even lets say they don't opt linux they can still collaborate with google on chrome os and pay the developers to develop to port it to chrome os as it's becoming popular.
    or worst case scenario they can make a windows laptop and try to emulate samsung. And u get similar feature as the samsung.
    The only downside I see is windows being sheer buggy.
    Because even mi has launched their own laptop.
    See actually ecosystems main device are computer and phone not other devices like watch, headphones , tv etc .Altough these device helps in expanding the ecosystem but still they don't play as significant role or a score elements to an ecosystem as between a computer and phone.
    sorry for my bad English as I am an Indian.

Also if above senario I mentioned is not possible what other ways do one plus has without making its own os.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020

10. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Samsung have nowhere near the integration of Apple.
    why would OnePlus be able to pay developers to port to Chrome OS if Google can't actually manage it? And anyway, how would OnePlus make money out of this deal (they are a business not a charity).
    Just saying "The only downside I see is windows being sheer buggy." shows a huge level of naivety - all software has bugs. I use MacOS, there are bugs, I use Linux on servers, there are bugs, I use iOS there are bugs...
    PC and phone is not the ecosystem that matter for most of the world. The PC market has been declining every year since 2011.

11. L1587018999674 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Samsung has no where the integration of apple what do you mean by that statement can you please elaborate.

Correct me if I am wrong.

apples continuity is basically wireless transferring files between mac and iphone ,ipad
    syncing notification and replying from the computer and vice versa.
    proper sync bw apple watch, mac ,iphone and ipad and air pods

and as per my knowledge from what I have seen samsung does the same thing you can easily pair galaxy buds easily between galaxy smartphone and microsoft windows and samsung tablets.
    share files easily files to and fro using the flow app( build by samsung) and many more.

so why did you say that.

To all is being buggy sure your right but how many times a windows crashes vs mac os or linux.
    from my experience of using both linux and windows windows is significantly unstable .
    you frequently gets windows blue screen and the error in blue screen are related to software and not hardware.
    which is very rare in other os .

12. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    i manage the systems of all 3 for corporates who have thousands. we have more issues with MacOS per user than Windows systems.
    I haven't seen a blue screen of death in years, if you get one you are doing stupid crap with bad drivers.

13. L1587018999674 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 17, 2020 :
    No I don't know why but it's very common on my system as well as the company which I was working on also did have this issue.

Earlier I used to use the pirated version but now I am using the original version or paid and yet I saw some error and it's not a hardware error.

14. Gav_W86

Gav_W86 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    it really isn't, i'm sure your experience with pirated software is valuable. i said drivers not hardware.

16. Neddard
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2020

Neddard , Apr 18, 2020 :
    Credibility goes right out the window after mentioning using pirated software.
    In a previous life, I worked IT Management for a BIG company. Any employee, and I mean *any*, caught with pirated software (or music/video) on their company-provided hardware was terminated immediately. No mercy. FWIW...

17. L1587018999674 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 18, 2020 :
    If you had read my previous comments I mentioned I used to have pirated but now I have the original paid version and I still get this.
    My company used to have original and still they used to get blue screen .

18. Neddard
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2020

Neddard , Apr 18, 2020 :
    Oh, be sure... I read the whole thread.

19. L1587018999674 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 18, 2020 :
    so why does windows has so many bugs . This is not seen in mac os or any linux system that I have ever used.
    Also the microsoft surface which is made by Microsoft does get blue screen atleast some reports says that.
    Even the new razor blade has this issue.

20. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2020

Gav_W86 , Apr 18, 2020 :
    MacOS and Linux OS have bugs - lots of them, all OS have bugs. I am writing this on a MacBook Pro at the moment, and it will kernel panic if I do a number of basic things.
    The hardware drivers (#1 cause of blue screens) come from 3rd parties, drivers cause issues on all OS. My current work laptop is a 6 month old Razer Blade 15 - never had an issue with it.