Launcher Edge notification lights

1. Clean_
    Eclair Mar 8, 2020

Clean_ , Mar 8, 2020 :
    Or they could simulate a flashing "led dot" at the top left of the screen. There are apps out there that do it already and i would assume it would be pretty easy to implement into a rom.

Q1584198870929 likes this.
  2. bagufix
    Gingerbread Mar 9, 2020

bagufix , Mar 9, 2020 :
    a good place on the notification display is where the blue light is shown when turning on the front camera in op7pro

3. TheBlitz7
    Froyo Mar 9, 2020

TheBlitz7 , Mar 9, 2020 :
    This would make the phone even better! I hope they will implement it in a way that it doesn't cause burn-in.

4. bagufix
    Gingerbread Mar 11, 2020

5. BBestNL
    Donut Mar 12, 2020

BBestNL , Mar 12, 2020 :
    A small simulated LED at the top of the screen will do fine as well.
    Make it customizable!

Laree likes this.
  6. irfanjamal
    Donut Mar 15, 2020

7. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Mar 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Gary C. , Mar 19, 2020 :
    [Not Adopted]
    4/30 Update: Thanks for sharing this idea. We have seen it often requested around the Community.

Basically, we see this request being about “never letting me miss any important notifications”. Besides the solutions based on sound and vibration, Horizon Light should serve just as one of the visual solutions (same as the Always On Display feature requested above).

Taking the OnePlus 7 Pro as an example: according to the analytics of our product usage, on average, our users spend at least five hours on their smartphones per day and check their messages every fifteen minutes. In other words, it's unlikely that the majority of our users will miss essential notifications without noticing them almost instantly. That being said, it is definitely a "MUST-HAVE" for some of you. Though we have deciced to prioritise the implementation of AOD at the moment. We have placed this in our product backlog and will revisit this sometime later.

- Original Reply -
    Hello bagufix, thanks for sharing this idea in our IDEAS platform.

We have seen it often requested around the Community. Actually, this idea shares the same principle as the Always on Display (AOD) one. They are just two different forms/solutions.

Since most of our explanation about the AOD idea can be applied to yours, please read our reply here. As with the idea linked in the last sentence, we’ll continue to monitor our testing and we’ll update you and the community about our conclusions.

Learn more about how your Idea flows within OnePlus

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020

8. bagufix
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2020

bagufix , Mar 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Gary C.
    Thank you for your response. In my opinion AOD in OnePlus is unnecessary (I defend my idea). You have introduced Ambient Display and it should be developed and improved. This is what distinguishes you from other well-known companies. Buying OnePlus X (I've used this phone for over four years) I really liked the Ambient Display, after receiving the notification the screen pulsed for some time (and has a notification LED), so I think that the return to this solution and adding Horizon Lights to it would be brilliant and that's what I miss in OnePlus 7 Pro. Personally I don't use sound notifications and vibrations because I have a smartband (the smartband vibrates upon notification).
    How it should work based on the experience of Amient Display from OnePlus X:
    After receiving the notification, Horizon Lights and the application icon should appear on the screen. After a while, the screen should go out and after 10 seconds the process should repeat of course, after a few minutes (e.g. 10 minutes) the screen should not pulsate anymore, because any of us after a long time of not using it will simply take it to check fb, msg, e-mails etc. Of course if your phone is screen down or in your pocket Horizon Lights should not work.
    That's why I think you should consider my idea.

Laree and Aakash360 like this.
  9. Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Mar 20, 2020 :
    I really support you in this man, instead of the 1st idea of AoD implementation, it's better to provide horizon lighting and give user the permission to change the timing according to their battery usage.

For the time being i'm using app.called Always on Edge, it has made my life really easy, it's fully customisable and useful, i hope Oneplus gives the customisable option for this one too, and also it will look really beautiful.

Laree, superplus and bagufix like this.
  10. markokinnu
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

bagufix likes this.
  11. Mr.Smarty
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

Jay2020 and bagufix like this.
  12. iamsiddhant_t
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

bagufix likes this.
  13. DMB_8766
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

bagufix likes this.
  14. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Why not implementing the edge lightning for Non Curved Screen as well, which would serve OnePlus 6 series and OnePlus 7,7T and any futher non curved devices. This lighting feels quite premium and fantastic.

superplus, irfanjamal and bagufix like this.
  15. Yunusrg
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

bagufix likes this.
  16. bagufix
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

bagufix , Mar 20, 2020 :
    thanks for support, I'm curious if they read our posts

HarshKK14 and Aakash360 like this.
  17. BetiK
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

18. T1581858949732
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2020