Education support | Software upgrade for oneplus TV to support zoom and meet directly

?

Do you wish your kid to watch online class in oneplus tv ?

This poll will close on Apr 5, 2022 at 3:25 PM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. errakeshpd
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2021

errakeshpd , Jun 5, 2021 :
    We purchased the oneplus android tv for my kid educational purpose. but unfortunately currently oneplus tv not able to install zoom . but MI tv support to install zoom.

For a worldwide education support as a father I am requesting you to provide software upgrade to support zoom meeting. (give mobile to kid is very harmful. they will browse irrelevant content and rays are harmful to the eye)

kindly forward this request to the development team and please provide the software upgrade to support app like zoom

Note: Use "Aptoid" to install zoom on 1+ TV (we cannot install zoom currently but mi tv support)

as covid pandamic situation all schools are conducting classes via zoom and google meet
    we will use this tv as online class whatching device by connecting a webcam with mic

please provide the software upgrade it is a special request from a father for all fathers in this world.

I am not sure who will read this request. but kindly take this as a prioritised request and provide as update for oneplus tv . my tv is 43Y1

not sure who can escalate this issue to the software team lead / CTO. Please help our kids

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 7, 2021

Best Answer
    Venky61 , Jun 7, 2021 :
    Hi,
    Download and Install Rotation Screen Orientation apk
    Open the App and change the orientation to Landscape.
    Now install Zoom apk from Aptoide or your APK from internet.
    It should work fine but for navigation you may need to connect Mouse for better control.

3. errakeshpd
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2021

errakeshpd , Jun 8, 2021 :
    it is good solution and it is installed.
    navigation is not fine and apps closing automatically some times
    but my point is that instead of using this kind of external apps to support zoom and meet it should support directly as the TV is running on Android

gvamsi_krishna likes this.
  4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 9, 2021 :
    Hey,
    Oneplus din decide to keep Zoom away from Android TV Playstore. It's between Zoom and Google on why it isn't available for TV platforms. TV Platform is still not as famous as the mobile platform, so app developers generally don't want to put efforts to optimise their Apps for TV platform.

gvamsi_krishna and McJader like this.
  5. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jul 21, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jul 21, 2021 :
    You can join from laptop and cast to TV, that's what I do for classes which are more than 2 hours long

6. errakeshpd
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

errakeshpd , Aug 2, 2021 :
    You guys know Mi TV directly support google meet and zoom. why one plus tv cant support it directly ?

7. errakeshpd
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

Mi TV directly support google meet and zoom.

8. errakeshpd
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

my kid is only 3 years old so keeping a laptop near, we prefer to attend class on Tv big screen so parents can have control. also have good sound and big viewing . and for your info mi TV directly support meet and zoom

9. errakeshpd
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

this classes are for my kid and he is just 3 years so i prefer to give him TV big screen view instead of a laptop. and hope you know mi tv directly support meet and zoom

10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Aug 2, 2021 :
    I understand, I'm a school student myself and have over 9 hours of classes daily. And I know the importance of eye-sight so I simply cast my zoom classes to TV. That's why I am suggesting you to use casting feature of the TV and directly cast via phone/laptop

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 2, 2021

Venky61 , Aug 2, 2021 :
    What's the Mi TV model?
    I don't see any Mi Android TV with native support for Zoom and Google meet.