Effects on battery life while charging overnight

1. Bejan Lucian
    Froyo Feb 2, 2018

Bejan Lucian , Feb 2, 2018 :
    Hello
    Just bought a OnePlus 5T and got the DASH charger at home, work and în my car, all from OnePlus .
    I want to know if the battery life is affected by overnight charging?
    Maybe it's me but i want to start the day at 100% battery not 20%, even though I know it charges în almost half an hour.

ElfStone likes this.
  2. kumaryashwin
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2018

3. kumaryashwin
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2018

4. OOTPApps
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2018

OOTPApps , Feb 2, 2018 :
    Best way to charge these devices is to charge them when they fall below 30%, charge it to 95% and you've got a day of battery. The device charges so fast there's no reason to leave it overnight at 100%. Not to mention you're only going to lose 1-3% overnight anyway...

ignacio.dibiase and HIT-199 like this.
  5. kumaryashwin
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2018

kumaryashwin , Feb 2, 2018 :
    As dash charger charges our phone in 1.20 hr approx.
    Seem charging it more than 8 hours will result in serious damage.
    Let me explain you how it works.
    When the phone get charged. Full 100
    Then internally connection is disconnected for a bit as phone thinks it fully charged(charging cycles) . And start discharging. As it hit some level lower then charging voltage. Charger kicks back in and start charging again. Which leads to rapid charging and discharging of same unit of the battery more frequently ultimately that sector or battery losses charge storing capability. Hence battery lifes lower down.
    Next what then.....
    This while process is repeated again leading to full battery life going down.

Bejan Lucian likes this.
  6. Bejan Lucian
    Froyo Feb 2, 2018

Bejan Lucian , Feb 2, 2018 :
    Thank you all for good advice, I will start taking care of my phone's battery and change my habbit of charging overnight. Lets hope this thread helps others too.