Emergency Geolocation disabled by mistake

1. folco
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

folco , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Hi, when configuring emergency contacts I disabled geolocation (and dismissed the request for it) by mistake. Now if I try to share my position via the emergency menu I receive a warning saying I disabled a mandatory authorization.
    Where can I re-enable the feature?
    I already searched in the standard geolocation authorizations menu of the settings (even displaying system apps) but I was not able to find the correct app.
    Thank you

2. folco
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

3. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Hmm... If something here doesn't help I don't know what

1601215437720.jpg

4. folco
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

folco , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Yes, thanks to your help I was able to fix it.
    I was able to find the application in the list of app permissions (it was translated in my language so it had a slightly different name).
    I was searching for it in the list of applications with access to geolocation always denied, but actually it was in the list of apps with "access to geolocation while using the app".
    I switched the option to give it always access to geolocation and now it works.
    However it seems strange that "while using the app" it was not able to share my location and needed the "always-on" access.
    Thank you nonetheless

Swejuggalo likes this.
  5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 27, 2020 :
    It might be due to the nature of how that feature is coded. At the time of sending the location it might expect the location to instantly be known or collected. If that location poll also is done as a background process it might not truly count as "in use" .

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 27, 2020 :
    BTW... I hate using my own language on both computers and phones. Mostly annoys me. Examples like this is a perfect example [e]1f609[/e]

7. folco
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

folco , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Yes, me too. My PCs are configured to use English and I am thinking about switching to it also on the phone.
    However this time the fault was mostly mine as I did not even know there was a specific Emergency app and nonetheless tries searching it scrolling only in the wrong list applications.
    Thanks to you I was able to identify the correct application and find it in the list I was not searching.

Swejuggalo likes this.