Enable vibrating when unlocking

1. MarcoBurgman
    Froyo Dec 24, 2017

MarcoBurgman , Dec 24, 2017 :
    After updating to Oreo it stopped vibrating when I unlock my device or locked apps.

It does vibrate when the device misreads my finger, but I would like to have it back to "normal" again.

I like the vibration, because it lets me know that it actually processed something.

Yours sincerely,

2. HyperPandaBro
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2017

HyperPandaBro , Dec 30, 2017 :
    same here

3. MarcoBurgman
    Froyo Dec 30, 2017

HyperPandaBro likes this.
  4. HyperPandaBro
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2017

MarcoBurgman likes this.
  5. biplabloveu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2017

biplabloveu , Dec 30, 2017 :
    This question is asked hundreds of times in different threads.
    I've answered more than 5/6 times.
    There is a search button available at the top of your community app. Use it and find the answers.

MikeG247 likes this.
  6. MarcoBurgman
    Froyo Dec 30, 2017

MarcoBurgman , Dec 30, 2017 :
    I am very sorry I upset you, I have indeed tried to search on the community, xda and tried somethings myself. However I am still not able to enable to vibrating again, if you sir would be so kind to help me you would really make my day. You said you have a solution.

7. biplabloveu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2017

biplabloveu , Dec 30, 2017 :
    Fingerprint sensor vibration is switchable as per lots of user requests from months.

How to enable or disable:
    Go to setting. Then go to sound and vibration. There you'll find a toggle switch called vibrate on tap. Enable that. Thus you can enable vibration for your hardware touch buttons as well as your fingerprint sensor. Disable this for complete vibrationless experience.

If you are looking for an option by which your hardware touch buttons will not vibrate but the fingerprint sensor will. Then it's totally unavailable right now.

8. MarcoBurgman
    Froyo Dec 30, 2017

MarcoBurgman , Dec 30, 2017 :
    That's what I thought already, thanks for your reply though. Than I should get used to it.

9. tankbusternbiscuit
    Froyo Dec 31, 2017

tankbusternbiscuit , Dec 31, 2017 :
    people don't want all the hardware buttons to vibrate everyone they are pressed, they just want the fingerprint sensor to vibrate when unlocking the device. Vibrate in tap makes all the buttons vibrate which is annoying to most people.
    In the end people just want the feedback when they unlock their smartphone.

10. satyapn95
    Eclair Dec 31, 2017

satyapn95 , Dec 31, 2017 :
    I don't get the point of vibrating when unlocking. You're looking at your phone. You should know if it's unlocked or not. I've wanted to disable it from the day I got it, but now I'm grateful it isn't there anymore.

11. biplabloveu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 31, 2017

biplabloveu , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Dude listen! I've already said complete vibrationless feature is given just for user request.
    You can search the community for your verification and count the thank you posts or the claiming posts. Also go to the comments of the update thread. Sony shout without knowing.
    And you know what even I like this. Complete vibrationless experience.
    Don't tell some unacceptable lies.

If you want that half vibration means FP vibration but capacitive touch buttons will not then you can give a feedback or directory mail to the developers.

BTW personally I don't think that this feature will come. Because many people using others phones other company phones are also requesting the same thing right now. Some got that just like OnePlus 5, 5t, 3, 3t. Even there are lot more guys who have stopped the vibration after rooting.