Encryption on Oxygen OS

1. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2015

sergioreja , Apr 13, 2015 :
    Hello folks, due to the nature of my job, I need to have an encrypted device in order to be able to add my exchange account in my OPO.

I wanted to know if by any chance any of you guys in Oxygen OS has encountered any issue at the moment of encrypting the device.

To be honest I wouldn't like to f*** my phone up by trying.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I looked for similar threads and I did not find any.

2. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2015

SayMyName , Apr 13, 2015 :
    From what I've heard people complain about the lack of security. I'd stick with CM personnally. But I might be wrong.

3. Jeffreyvdv3lde
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2015

Jeffreyvdv3lde , Apr 13, 2015 :
    Cyanogen OS has more privacy options. OxygenOS doesn't have that, and Cyanogen OS 11 hasn't got all the security updates which Android 5.0 has implemented. But when Cyanogen OS 12 will be released I think that is the better choice for security.

4. DeltaSky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2015

5. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2015

giaur500 , Apr 13, 2015 :
    You mean built in android encryption. I'm pretty sure it won't work and you are going to lose your data. As far as I know it works on CM11s (CM12 nightly has some problems too).

Also note, that there are some disadvantages. Twrp will not work with encrypted partitions and there will be worse overall performance.

Are you sure you need to encrypt your device? Maybe it's enough to set screen unlock password or pin.

6. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2015

sergioreja , Apr 13, 2015 :
    Unfortunately I do have to encrypt the damn thing. Perhaps I'll revert to CM and then try to do it.

7. mattfohs2006
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2015

mattfohs2006 , Apr 14, 2015 :
    I've had no issues encrypting my OPO on Oxygen for work use and am loving the fact I can finally enjoy using my Moto 360 as a trusted device on Lollipop and bypass my screen lock. You will have to wipe the device to decrypt before flashing and you would want to be careful using a custom recovery while encrypted.