Sound End call beep

1. lethanhtran
    Froyo Jul 20, 2017

lethanhtran , Jul 20, 2017 :
    Is there a way to turn off or lower the volume of the end call beeping noise? I didn't have this beeping noise ever since I got the OP5 (or maybe I didn't notice the noise being that loud), but today I started hearing it and it is extremely loud. Even if my phone is on silent, after I end a call the beeping noise comes out of the speaker and is extremely loud. It would be nice to be able to set the volume to a low setting if it's impossible to turn this feature off.

2. dragos.ivan
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2017

dragos.ivan , Jul 20, 2017 :
    I have the same problem. Would be awesome if there would be a fix for this.

EDIT: Restarting the phone only solves the problem temporarily, it comes back after a while.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017

3. Daniel_Skultety
    Froyo Jul 20, 2017

Daniel_Skultety , Jul 20, 2017 :
    I had this same issue on Nubia Z9 mini running Mokee 7.1.2. I thought it is issue of that particular MK ROM, but I experience this with op5 as well, however I have only noticed it yesterday..

4. lethanhtran
    Froyo Jul 20, 2017

lethanhtran , Jul 20, 2017 :
    mine just started happening too. I tried restarting and it also temporarily went away, then came back after a while. I also notice that after charging my phone it temporarily goes away. it seems like the beep happens every time a call ends regardless, but sometimes it's coming out extremely loud from the speaker even on silent mode. I hope there is a fix for this soon as I can't be using the phone as much if it's this loud.

tharindu991 likes this.
  5. estebandido4
    Froyo Jul 21, 2017

estebandido4 , Jul 21, 2017 :
    I am having this issue as well.
    the end call beep is normal if it came out only on the earpiece.
    however, the beep switches to speaker mode...

6. F_Arjun_Chandran_Perupur
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2017

7. releone11
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2017

8. matusV
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2017

matusV , Jul 23, 2017 :
    Exactly same happens to me, but on Oneplus 3. The issue is that the sound switches to main speaker, which is really annoying and loud. Restarting and clearing cache fixes this problem temporarily.

9. releone11
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2017

releone11 , Jul 24, 2017 :
    issue solved for me. it was from Snapchat. I uninstalled it and no more beeping sound.

10. Harmish Shah
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2017

Harmish Shah , Jul 24, 2017 :
    @OnePlus please provide support for the same . the end call beep is very annoying. Request u to roll out update for the problem. !!

11. osvch
    Donut Jul 24, 2017

osvch , Jul 24, 2017 :
    Since few days I have the same issue. I removed snapchat and problem disappear

12. roblut
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2017

roblut , Jul 24, 2017 :
    I can confirm (for me), that snapchat is the cause to the problem.
    I removed snapchat, and the sound stays in ear piece, did not even restart phone after uninstall of snapchat.
    Try to install snap again, and the problem came back.
    Uninstall snapchat and the problem is gone.

lethanhtran likes this.
  13. lethanhtran
    Froyo Jul 24, 2017

lethanhtran , Jul 24, 2017 :
    I tried uninstalling Snapchat and it worked. the end call beep ends up coming from the the earpiece which is good. but once I installed Snapchat again the beep ends up coming out of the speaker again and is really loud. It would be nice to have this fixed eventually as it would be nice to be able to both use Snapchat and have the end call beep come out of the earpiece instead of the speaker.

14. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 25, 2017

Crystal Z. , Jul 25, 2017 :
    Dear OnePlus Users

Sorry for the bad experience that has caused you.
    We are able to reproduce the same issue, and it turns out to be Snapchat's issue. The same issue also happens on OnePlus 3T, Nexus 6P, etc.
    We've sent the feedbacks to Snapchat, but in order that they can attach importance to this issue, you guys who suffer this issue can also raise feedbacks to Snapchat.

Appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

15. G_Today_Is_a_Good_Day_gX
    Donut Jul 25, 2017

16. AndreaNottoli
    Eclair Jul 25, 2017

AndreaNottoli , Jul 25, 2017 :
    I have the same bug but i never installed snapchat. So it's not the problem or not the only one....

17. GeorgeSoteriou
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2017

18. lethanhtran
    Froyo Jul 27, 2017

lethanhtran , Jul 27, 2017 :
    this worked for me so far! thanks!!!!!

Prakhar_D and GeorgeSoteriou like this.
  19. F_Tatiana_Mazourick_OGgv
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2017

20. Prasang Sharma
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2017

Prasang Sharma , Jul 27, 2017 :
    That is happening with me also. I just bought oneplus 5 64 Gb and whenever i cut the call a beep sound comes.