End of Android 11 Open Beta release cycle for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro : OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 12

1. R_vindwalkar
    Froyo Jul 30, 2021

2. R_vindwalkar
    Froyo Jul 30, 2021

R_vindwalkar , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Same...😓

lambrosbarca77 likes this.
  3. unn113
    Donut Jul 30, 2021

unn113 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I've tried it one more time after it failed last time I was doing this, and again ended in a bootloop, but this time I just switched back to "A" slot in fastboot and it didn't wipe my files which is nice, I'm back on beta 12 :c

Yuri.Katzlowski likes this.
  4. Yuri.Katzlowski
    Froyo Jul 30, 2021

Yuri.Katzlowski , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    That's sad :(

5. unn113
    Donut Jul 30, 2021

6. Yuri.Katzlowski
    Froyo Jul 30, 2021

Yuri.Katzlowski , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Not possible. We literally have to wait for the next OTA in Oxygen Updater. Because the Rollback packages are somehow newer than the normal 11.0.7.7 builds. It will only Tell you that the Firmware you try to flash is older than the one you currently have, If you Install the Indian rollback.

unn113 likes this.

7. Pbman1953
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2021

Pbman1953 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I installed the roll back and all works fine but in settings/wifi/sim/ preferred network , I lost the 5g setting in the preferred network type

8. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2021

9. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jul 30, 2021

Does!Compute , Jul 30, 2021 :
    That's doesn't guarantee quick updates. It just promises an update to a specific Android version. When it comes to maintaining a clear cut timeline for Android version updates for its last gen flagships, the track record is definitely a little questionable

Aaron2017, McJader and devmittal29 like this.
  10. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2021

devmittal29 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 30, 2021 :
    That's true.. and infact with Carl's exit OnePlus is getting worse day by day

11. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jul 30, 2021

I wouldn't bet on Carl Pei's exit being the reason for these changes. He was a marketer, not a product designer per se. His views would have been taken into account, but they were definitely not the be all and end all. Unless there is concrete evidence supporting the fact, I would prefer not to speculate.

Aaron2017 and McJader like this.
  12. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2021

His vision was different Pete's vision is different and he was not just a marketing guy.. and he is not the only one who has left Oneplus his entire team along with him left

13. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jul 30, 2021

Not true. Due to the merger, people were made to leave (a polite term for fired). There has been a lot of speculation about his exact role at OnePlus, with some of the OnePlus team members weighing in on a couple of places. Bottom-line: He was mostly a marketer, someone who helped hype the device. The devices were mostly a culmination of the efforts of Oppo's R&D right from the beginning, with a couple of differentiating features added. Even the OnePlus One was closely based on another Oppo device. Even his current venture, Nothing, is all about hype and design, not practicality. And he didn't even design the earphones, but outsourced a major chunk of it to other entities.
    You may want to discuss more about it. If yes, find the suitable threads in the Off-topic sub-forum and discuss with people who actually want to discuss.

14. herwarth
    Donut Jul 30, 2021

herwarth , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Do you have NR. NR stands for New Radio and IS 5G. I see NR preferred and have 5G connection.

15. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2021

Maybe but sudden decline of quality of Oneplus products, updates etc. Right after Carl's exit doesn't seem to be a co incidence..!
    Even Big tech youtubers like MKBHD Arun Mali etc. Have said OnePlus is suddenly on a totally wrong track destroying themselves

16. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jul 30, 2021

Once again, this is pure speculation. They have shared their views, they don't have proof that things changed because Carl left. And I don't interest myself in speculating about things. The updates timeline and stability is declining. That's a fact. Carl's leaving had something to do with it. That's speculation. I'll be happy to discuss facts. But speculating or gossiping is something that just doesn't interest me.

17. devmittal29
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2021

That's your thought but atleast you accepted that update quality etc. Are declining

18. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jul 30, 2021

Perhaps go and see my first post in this thread you replied to. Didn't it establish the fact that I am unsure of a proper update timeline being adhered to? While I personally haven't had issues with the newer builds, others have, and I have no qualms in calling that out. Stop trying to make it seem like I am pro OnePlus here. I'm pro facts and logic, not speculation behind certain outcomes.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021