End of Open Beta release cycle for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro: OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jun 9, 2021

Abdul B. , Jun 9, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the final Open Beta builds based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system back-up before proceeding. We also recommend you read all the instructions and notes before proceeding.

Changelog
    • System
      • Reduced battery consumption under specific scenarios
      • Improved the compatibility of specific third-party apps on Android 11
      • Fixed known issues and improved system stability
      • Upgrade Android Security Patch level to May 2021
    • Phone
      • Improved the overall application stability
      • Fixed the probability issue about can not answer the calls via Google Fi app
    • Network
      • Improved the Wi-Fi connection stability
    • Gallery
      • Improved the overall loading speed
    • Shelf
      • Improved the animation performance and frame rate
    We would like to thank all our open beta members for their support. Your active feedback and bug reporting ensured morse stable builds, with minimal issues in the market version.

Once you're ready to move back to the stable build, please please back up and install the rollback builds shared below, according to the instructions below. This will return your device to the 11.0.1.1 stable build.

Instructions to flash the rollback builds:
    Note:
    • Installing the rollback build will wipe the data, please back up the important data before installing
    • The rollback build should be installed twice, to ensure stability. (please save the downloaded copy of the rollback build to avoid multiple downloads)
    Installation process:
    1. Download the rollback zip package from the above link
    2. Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
    3. Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
    4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
    5. Update successful.

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions of OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. Balaji2828
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2021

3. DeQuas
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2021

DeQuas , via OnePlus 9 Winter Mist , Jun 9, 2021 :
    This was inevitable but as an ex oneplus 7 user, i feel cheated and unsatisfied with the irregular beta and stable updates revolving android 11 for oneplus 7 series

4. bcharles99
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2021

bcharles99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 9, 2021 :
    Now onwards only stable builds...End of new features...
    Good device but bad support... just wait and see how much "stable "the actual upcoming stable builds

6. Chiragkhurana
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2021

asish022 and Ronesso17 like this.
  7. Dendedanamekian
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2021

8. Shinjuurou
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2021

Shinjuurou , Jun 9, 2021 :
    The stable update were regular. For the beta... Something like this was to be expected.

9. Krishna Prithvi
    Eclair Jun 9, 2021

Krishna Prithvi , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 9, 2021 :
    Wait for another 2 years and it's the same for 9 series too sadly

10. Chiragkhurana
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2021

Chiragkhurana , Jun 9, 2021 :
    Less than 2 years :)

12. rishabh_gupta___ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 9, 2021 :
    So its now final that AOD wont come to my phone and if this is true then this is the last comment you will see from my side sad to see a company becoming the same as the other brands no uniqueness left now. I will have to find my next phone from other brands then never considering OnePlus ever again specially with thier fake promises

13. Atanu Maji
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2021

Atanu Maji , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 9, 2021 :
    NO Thanks to you OnePlus, at all. Being deeply unsatisfied and regretted with your neglected software support which always delays, even though bugs are inevitable but frequent battery heating throughout the usage is unforgivable. This is satisfactorily pleasant to declare this OnePlus 7 would be my very last purchase from OnePlus and I gladly, with great pleasure will continue to persuade my friends not to buy anything from OnePlus. 😉

14. UnicornZ

15. TheAvengingTITAN , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jun 9, 2021 :
    I'm glad you guys didn't kill off the Open Beta with OB4. I hope this update does help improve the experience that will be coming soon to the stable stream, because it could do with some serious optimisation.

Also hope you guys don't back down from the AOD promise, lots of high expectations there.

x_jayreghe_x likes this.
  16. UnicornZ

UnicornZ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 9, 2021 :
    There won't be AOD for 7 series.

17. TheAvengingTITAN , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jun 9, 2021 :
    I'd rather wait for an official statement that mentions it ain't coming, that doesn't come from their customer care. As it stands, AOD is included in this build which indicates that they're still testing and experimenting with it.

18. eliday15
    Donut Jun 9, 2021

eliday15 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 9, 2021 :
    I don't mind of you just kill the ETA, the users the only thing that they want is a stable software, something that never happened since android 11

Ronak3567 likes this.
  19. Suresh07

20. UnicornZ

UnicornZ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 9, 2021 :
    Pin ur hopes. It's still under OnePlus Laboratory section. Should it be available in stable, then this build should have got AOD under display settings.

ShakthiSwaroop likes this.