End of Open Beta release cycle for OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro: OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5

1. Sam197
    Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2021

Sam197 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 14, 2021 :
    To get stable version,you to be on stable because you won't get as long you still in beta.
    So go to open OS11 beta 1, download the rollback link,that will take you to OS10 ,then you can upgrade to the latest update for OS11
    keep in mind to backup your data because it ll wipe out your phone.

2. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jun 14, 2021

ghostofcain , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Wow, with feedback like this I can't believe OnePlus bought an end to the open beta.

3. Donald Nice
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2021

Donald Nice , Jun 14, 2021 :
    I wonder how many of the so-called beta testers here have really given real feedback to the developers even once? And, in contrast, how many of them only want new features, like to complain and have no clue how to properly give feedback?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021

4. vipsatoneplus7t , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 14, 2021 :
    even for me it displayed same, i.e. battery usage percentage more than 100%. drain your phone to 0% battery, let it shut down itself; then charge to 100% (don't switch on ).
    when it's 100% charged then switch on the phone and still let be on charge for 20-30 minutes, then unplug your charger ..

5. Louisbaecke510
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2021

Louisbaecke510 , Jun 14, 2021 :
    thank god you back men i missed you much, the 7T series thread is chaotic :(

6. vipsatoneplus7t , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 14, 2021 :
    @iamsandy did you get my question or no? did you check my screen shot? you mean i am using the latest Android 11 Oxygen os? You mean I don't need to download the os given here?? just the factory data reset would solve the problem? or after factory data reset i need to download the os manually by the link given here?

If i suppose i am using the latest stable update of android 11 and i don't need to download a new oxygen ox given here and factory data reset, solves my problem of battery drainage. what's factory date reset in recovery mode?? can you elaborate this?? what if i manually backup all my data to a Laptop or desktop and then simply factory data reset my phone, would it solve my fast battery drain problem??

7. @iamsandy
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2021

@iamsandy , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    According to your screenshot you are currently on latest stable build where as this thread is about latest beta build...I don't think you need to download this beta update since there are no major changes when compared to the build that you are already on....and since you are facing battery drain try factory resetting the device(I don't know whether this fixes your problem and battery drain depends on your usage).

8. vipsatoneplus7t , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 14, 2021 :
    on android 10 stable version since one year normal usage gave battery backup for 8-10 hours.. after android update to stable 11.0.1.1 my phone is lasting maximum 5-6 hours on the same normal usage. did you face battery issue after update? then you factory data reset and your battery problem solved? or before the update only u had done factory data reset then installed android 11.0.1.1 , and faced no battery issue?

9. rabidhamster
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2021

rabidhamster , Jun 14, 2021 :
    There is no stable version of Android 11/ oxygen OS.
    Oneplus may try a confidence trick on you saying it stable you only have to read the reviews on it it's a total mess.

personally my advice roll back to Android 10 the phone was totally stable no problems whatsoever and there's no advantage of Android 11

mrShobhit likes this.
  10. Ganesh_MSP
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2021

Ganesh_MSP , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Do you have the link to revert back to the Oxygen 10.

11. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Jun 14, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    I think OnePlus team would answer this question, it's pertinent for all users from 7 series.

Aaron2017, McJader and Dhruv Kashyap like this.
  12. @iamsandy
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2021

Bro the thing is OnePlus messed up battery life in android 11....you will not get the battery life that you got in android 10 in android 11...if you want the battery to last long so badly then you have to downgrade and go back to android 10...the battery life that you are getting in 11.0.1.1 is the best among android 11 builds but it is no where close to the battery life that we got in android 10..so u either have to downgrade or wait for OnePlus to release updates to fix the battery life

13. vipsatoneplus7t , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 14, 2021 :
    but you said you are getting okay battery life right? on android 11?? how many hours you get? is it same compared to what u use to get on android 10? i want other user to reply too how many hours their battery is lasting on normal usage on android 11.0.1.1 ?

14. @iamsandy
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2021

I too get 5-6 hours of screen on time on my device and I got used to it but if you want more,then you have to downgrade to Android 10 as I said

15. vipsatoneplus7t , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 14, 2021 :
    ok cool.. i would think on this.. but why u and many other people are happy in android 11 with 5-6 hours of battery life?

and now don't remember which version of 10 i had.. how should i downgrade to exactly same version which i was using since 6 months.. it had no problem at all..

16. @iamsandy
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2021

Search the forum and you will find hundreds of threads about poor battery life in android 11....... and if you want to downgrade search for the process in youtube...you will get a better idea if you see the video and do it

17. vipsatoneplus7t , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 14, 2021 :
    i have already searched and i have already posted 3 bugs report and feedback to oneplus 7 team, battery drain, slow loading of images in gallery, long press shutter zoom not stable, they are still working on it , no positive reply yet..

I just want to know like me there are thousands of people who are facing fast battery drainage problem, but why everyone is Happy with this problem why everyone is not degrading?!

18. seansandhu
    Froyo Jun 14, 2021

seansandhu , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    We have given up on OnePlus.

They think they can force users to upgrade by spoiling 7T.

Guess what - the customers brought OnePlus this success. They can bring them down too.

mrShobhit and Alex H. K. like this.
  19. Alex H. K.
    Froyo Jun 14, 2021

Alex H. K. , Jun 14, 2021 :
    I gave OnePlus 1 month to fix this crap: battery consumption, Ambient Display, quieter sounds, and many, many other problems.
    I am waiting until the end of June. That is plenty of time for the prone to repair.
    All of this is due to greed and greed for mammon.
    It is not quality that counts, but quantity.
    This is not the way OnePlus is!
    If they don't fix it, then I declare for the second time in this forum that I will never buy any OnePlus model again. I will also advise against other potential buyers from purchasing from this company.

seansandhu likes this.