End of Open Beta release cycle for OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro: OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5

1. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jun 14, 2021

ghostofcain , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Oh please no, not for the second time.:eek:

Still, I'm sure your reports to the beta development team are being used even as we speak to improve things.

Donald Nice and flither like this.
  2. p2p
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2021

p2p , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Is quite difficult that there will be a new update this month. Normally, if a beta is released then the stable is released the next month.

So until July you won't see any fix.

3. Alex H. K.
    Froyo Jun 14, 2021

Alex H. K. , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Do you believe that the current team will successfully fix all the publicized errors?
    I am very skeptical. 4 years ago I have not seen better phones than OP.
    But the OP had professionals! And now...
    In beta programs, all self-respecting companies implement new solutions and ideas.
    After passing the tests, it deploys to stable versions.
    What does OP do in beta programs?
    It tries to "patch" holes in an inefficient stable system.
    This is big absurd!
    How quickly you can screw everything up with inept management.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021

mrShobhit likes this.
  4. hsy78
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2021

hsy78 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    My phone reboots randomly since I installed the beta. The day I installed it, the flash was acting on it own and it stopped the next day. Anyone having his/her phone rebooting on its own?

5. Blakaboi
    Froyo Jun 14, 2021

Blakaboi , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Frankly, I don't know what is stable of 11.0.1.1. I am still loosing my audio after certain hours of phone restart. Nor Oneplus itself as the phonelab support are able to solve this issue. I guess this will the last time I'll be sporting a 1+ device.

Alex H. K. likes this.
  6. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2021

zer0se7en , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 15, 2021 :
    Am I the only one not having any problems on Android 11 Stable and this Beta 5? Coz seriosly, these updates stopped me from selling my 7T and just sold my great performing Huawei P30 even if I like having external memory on it.

Though I already bought an Xperia 1 ii, I still found myself leaning on the 7T for more impt tasks.🤨

7. Deactivated User
    Jun 15, 2021

Alex H. K. and ghostofcain like this.
  8. zer0se7en

Quite the opposite. I've been on this community since 2016. I have helped many users solve their problems. Fought with some.
    Imagine trying to help them solve their problems then in the end just because they cannot follow instructions they end up calling you a fanboy? I mean where is the gratitude in that? Ever since then I stopped helping. And when I said helped, I meant a lot since 2016.
    OnePlus is a nice brand. Not great. If you ask me if it's the worse, I would say no. Coz their OxygenOS still gives us the freedom of option to try out custom OS' or roms like how Google Pixel is. Root, root, root!
    All of you can hate the brand as much as you like. But I don't depend on experiences of others for liking or praising any brand. I based them on mine. And mine is good. Yes, not great.
    Only thing I disliked about OnePlus is giving less update for older devices. But....... In Android world if you look at it clearly, it is common. Samsung only stepped up last 2019 after 12yrs of using Android as their smartphone OS.
    Talking about bugs and issues........ Try to lurk on communities of other brands. You will definitely get DEJA VU. It's the same as this community. Even on iOS community. And what does that imply? Nothing is perfect. It's still up to us to get our fulfilment not from the manufacturers. We just have to learn how to fix our own contribution to the problem.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021

9. hmswrth
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2021

Alex H. K. and ghostofcain like this.
  10. Deactivated User
    Jun 15, 2021

zer0se7en likes this.
  11. zer0se7en

Thanks for understanding. Anyway.... Up to you if you want to open and use it. Many users are also not having problems with Android 11. Especially the ones who has the model HD1903 EU/Global variant, same as mine. What did you have by the way? It's labeled outside of the box.

Louisbaecke510 and ghostofcain like this.
  12. Louisbaecke510

Louisbaecke510 , Jun 15, 2021 :
    Euope builds are the best for oos11 in 7/7T series i think bc it's good builded

zer0se7en likes this.
  13. Louisbaecke510

fack yes this guy understand it really is thank you to support this brand!!!!

zer0se7en likes this.
  14. Louisbaecke510

Oneplus hardware is just great and the combo's of it is amazing

zer0se7en likes this.
  15. zer0se7en

Louisbaecke510 likes this.
  16. Deactivated User
    Jun 15, 2021

17. Alex H. K.
    Froyo Jun 15, 2021

Alex H. K. , Jun 15, 2021 :
    I also have the 7T Pro (a special, more expensive McLaren edition).
    In my Beta 5, there were almost all the mentioned problems.
    On the "stable" version, the Ambient Display still does not work, sounds are quiet after a few hours, the battery loses percentages at an alarming rate hour by hour.
    Congratulations once again as (I think) the only user with no problems !!!
    However, I don't believe in no problems.

18. Louisbaecke510

try reinstall the oos11

19. Alex H. K.
    Froyo Jun 15, 2021

Alex H. K. , Jun 15, 2021 :
    OK, that's fine. You are an experienced user (and no problems with OP), show me only one effective way to make the Ambient Display work properly.
    After the rollback to OS 10, it only worked flawlessly a few times. He later froze.
    The same happens with Wake Up. Similarly after upgrading to Beta 5. Also on OS 11.
    After a fresh installation, everything works perfectly in minutes and dies.
    Do you have any solution? I guess I've tried everything already: LED light, cache, memory, etc., etc., etc.

20. Louisbaecke510

i
    i dont have any issue :)