End of Referral Program

1. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2022

The1Lion , Jan 8, 2022 :
    Did OnePlus ever announce the end of the referral program? It's possible I missed it but I see on the website now you cannot redeem referral points. The website now states 12/31/2021 was the last day but I do not recall seeing any mention of this or receiving a notification (which would have been nice) prior.

2. archon810
    Eclair Jan 8, 2022

3. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 10, 2022

4. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 10, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 10, 2022 :
    @meatandy probably knows more

Seems like it's over though as per the *terms page.

*This document was last updated on 30/06/2021.

The1Lion likes this.
  5. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 10, 2022

The1Lion , Jan 10, 2022 :
    Seems they quietly ended it. Was going for a "heads up" type of notification.

Tobikage likes this.
  6. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 10, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 10, 2022 :
    There was a thread for India specific referrals being stopped due to misuse by some people...but don't remember seeing anything for the rest of the world..

How are you btw ?? :)

The1Lion likes this.
  7. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 10, 2022

The1Lion , Jan 10, 2022 :
    Not too bad and you?

Been very busy with work. Seems every time we hire a new person, someone leaves (sometimes that being the new person). So being a senior person, a lot falls on my shoulders. Been trying to get my coworkers to pick up the pace for an IRS project that has to get done for a customer. COVID hasn't help with both of them getting sick recently.

We're still remote, so seems if you are careful, you can avoid getting ill. So far I have been careful I guess ;):D

Tobikage likes this.
  8. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 15, 2022

meatandy , Jan 15, 2022 :
    Yep , it's been dismantled.

The1Lion and Tobikage like this.
  9. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 15, 2022

meatandy , Jan 15, 2022 :
    You're SOL if the referral points were not redeemed previous to 12/31/21.

The1Lion and Tobikage like this.
  10. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2022

The1Lion , Jan 16, 2022 :
    Wouldn't be the first time with OnePlus.

I just didn't see any notice about it. The rep said it was still active for our region ( North America ) and just make sure you're on the NA website; but we all know how that goes ;)

I asked for more info and now I'm getting no response :rolleyes:

meatandy and Tobikage like this.
  11. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 21, 2022

meatandy , Jan 21, 2022 :
    Nope , I activated all of my referral points before the end of 2021, tried to redeem them without success because of a system error (which were subsequently deleted a few days after New Years).

I immediately messaged customer support before year end where they drug their feet as usual and are now offering a $150 voucher in lieu of my $700 in deleted vouchers. SMH 🙄

Back to Samsung...

The1Lion and TibiTibi like this.
  12. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 23, 2022

The1Lion , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Yeah, they updated the page now to make it obvious they ended it. Never responded to my follow up. Guess as long as they made their money...

hamallu likes this.
  13. hamallu
    Donut Jan 25, 2022

hamallu , Jan 25, 2022 :
    Same here in the UK. Just logged in and saw that it's ended and all my points are gone 🤦🏻‍♂️

Pretty unfair because I don't remember receiving any emails about them closing the programme down.

The1Lion likes this.
  14. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 25, 2022

The1Lion , Jan 25, 2022 :
    They kind of are ambiguous about the termination and notification because it sounds like they both can cancel without notice AND will post notifications...

Termination and changes
    OnePlus may suspend or terminate the Referral Program or a user’s ability to participate in the Referral Program at any time for any reason.
    We reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove points if we notice any activity that we believe is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of the OnePlus Terms of Service. We reserve the right to review and investigate all referral activities and to suspend accounts or modify referrals in our sole discretion as deemed fair and appropriate.
    The scope, variety, and type of services and products that you may obtain by redeeming points or using voucher can change at any time.

Updates to the Terms
    We reserve the right to update these terms at any time without prior notice. If we modify these terms, we will post the modification on the OnePlus website or services, and such modified terms shall be effective upon posting. Continued participation in the Referral Program after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification.

Nice way for them to screw users over that referred OnePlus in good faith.

15. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2022

beastkay , May 4, 2022 :
    Is this the really end of referral thing?
    They never announced it properly yet, all they are telling that they are working for something better.