ENDED! [Carnival Game] Scavenger Hunt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 15, 2020

YRJ , Dec 15, 2020 :
    Carnival-YRJ.png

Welcome to the OnePlus User Festival Game Carnival. This is one of 5 games where you can win RP to exchange for prizes on December 23. Be sure to participate in all of them! You can find the remaining games here, here, here, and here.
    ---

Hello Community,

The OnePlus User Festival is running in full swing and I'm here with a carnival both that should give you some RPs to get cool stuff on 23.12!

Intrigued? Well, then please read the rest of the thread carefully, it might seem like a lot but is very important for you to bag the points. This Scavenger Hunt is probably the most complex game hosted on the forums, hence why I will leave out no detail, to ensure you understand the rules correctly.

How to Play?
    To be able to go through all the clues and reach the end of the scavenger hunt you must play this on your browser. If you’re using the Community app, please visit forums.oneplus.com on your browser instead to continue playing.

At the end of this thread, you will find a clue, which will lead you to the next target thread. It can be a photo, quote, or a riddle. Read the clue carefully and feel free to use the search function to its max potential in order to ensure you reach the next thread as fast as you can. I know many people do not like to use search, but this time it is important, and without it reaching the goal can prove to be an even bigger challenge. So please use search.

Once you crack the code and reach the next thread you have to look for another clue planted in that thread. If you find the “Clue” you can be sure that you have solved the previous riddle correctly and that thread is indeed the right one ;)

The first and also the most important step, once you've found the clue, DO NOT post in that thread. We closed most of them temporarily, but some are still open and we want to avoid bumping these threads with things from the game. You are free to like them if you haven't already.

Then. it’s time to click the Google Form link to register your progress and have access to the next clue which will lead you to the next target thread. This process will repeat itself until you've reached the last thread, the thread in which we have hidden a riddle! Along the way, we'll provide you with clues to solve that riddle. Fill in the info and that's it! You've finished the game, sit back and relax for the results to be announced :cool:

Standard Terms and Conditions apply.

P.S.: Clues will only be planted in the first post of every thread. So you do not have to search in thread comments.

If you ever become stuck in any of the clues, keep an eye on this thread. We’ll share some hints here to help you get moving.

Rewards:
    If you're still reading, Congratulations! You've reached the most exciting part of the thread. The prizes, yes! So what are they going to be?

Here's good news! You get RP at every stage of this game, so even if you can't make it to the last thread don't worry, you still are getting RP!
    • There are 15 clues. For every clue found, you get 5 RP.
    • If you find and all clues your rewards are doubled!
    • Finally, if you find all clues and you solve the question in the last thread (using riddles from the various Google forms), you will obtain a link which will help you reach the last Google form, where you have to enter your username. If you manage to do that correctly you get an additional 100 RP for a total of 250 RP!

Do's and Don'ts:
    • Please use search! The search function is your best friend in this contest. There are no limits to how many times you can use it, so make the most of it.
    • To make it fair for everyone, and prevent bumping of old threads, DO NOT reply to any thread where clues have been planted.
    • As long as this game is running, and the results haven't been announced, you're not allowed to post clues or spoilers in the open forums or this thread. Users found indulging in such activities will be immediately disqualified and warned in accordance with forum rules. Also, standard terms and conditions apply.

If you have any doubt or would like more clarity, please feel free to ask your questions below or tag me. However, I will not give any hints or additional clues outside this thread so do not waste your time in sending me a PM.

CLUE #1: What better place to start, than where it all began. If you want to find the next clue, visit the first thread ever.

//UPDATE 21.12.20//

Final Call!!

Hey all,

Over the past week, y'all have surprised me with your skills! Solving the clues faster than I anticipated, you make it look very easy. Congratulations! If you've made it this far, you're a true scavenger. :cool:

I've really enjoyed making this fun little game, and the response makes it all worth it. Finally, we are now approaching the end. To ensure all winners get the RPs before the raffle exchange this game will close and all Google forms will stop accepting responses at 3:00 PM HKT// 12:30 IST// 8:00AM CET today. You have about an hour before it closes. Hurry now!

Tip for final hint: arrange the clues in the order you found them and fill in the link in lower case. ;)

I hope you had fun playing this game. All answers with relevant links wil be updated after the game ends. Massive shoutout to @dsmonteiro and @Leo X. for all the help.

Cheers!

------------------------------​

[SOLVED] Scavenger Hunt Clues answer key
    Hey all,
    We've closed the forums for further replies, please find the solved key to the hunt below.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...his-ego-bruises-like-a-grilled-peach.1234957/
    • Finally, you reach the last step! FINAL RIDDLE Congratulations! You reached the end of the road! With all the riddles you solved along the way, visit onepl.us/_ _ _ _ _ _ _ to prove yourself the king of the Scavenger Hunt!
      • Answer: onepl.us/cokxh70
    Thanks for your participation.
    Best regards,
    YRJ

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020

2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 16, 2020 :
    Quite a lot of you have gone through the 1st hurdle! Atleast more than I anticipated.
    But for those who are still struggling, here's something to get you started ;)

Additional Clue for #1:

The first thread ever was posted back in 2013, exactly 7 years ago, today! but surprisingly it was linked again in a recommended thread yesterday.

Go to the recommended tab and search in the threads for a pinned comment from yesterday. You should find a link to the first ever thread. ;)

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 16, 2020 :
    Additional Hint for #2

Hello hunters!

Almost 24 hours into the hunt and a few seem to have have made it till the end! But for those who haven't been able to cross #2 yet, here's another hint!

There's an easy way to find who the first user might but @dsmonteiro has decided to proclaim the title of leaker (and put me out of business)!

So the answer to clue #2 can be found in yesterday's quiz answers. Continue your journey young padawan :cool:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/carnival-game-the-oneplus-quiz.1362132/page-7#post-22519386

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 17, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #3!

Yup, it's happening! One of the most anticipated and the one which many are getting wrong.

Three things to note here:
    1. It's an offtopic chat thread (can be found in the off topic subforum)
    2. It's not an English thread. The language is Italian ;)
    3. The user who started the thread is @Fabio
    That's 3 additional clues! You got this ;)

5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 17, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #4:

This is by far the easiest leading clue! Here's what you need to know:

The forums has a most liked tab on the homepage, both, in browser and the community app.
    Once you select it the most liked threads will show and you'll find what you need :D

This is easy! ;)

Devalkhatri1, asishgrwl, SRD. and 5 others like this.
  6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #5

Hey hunter!
    Congratulations on successfully completing 4 levels! You surprise me with your skills :cool:

The Lab was started on May 30th 2016 by @Nicole Q. and the first device for review under this was the OnePlus 3!
    P.s. it was also called peer review program ;)

In which forum would a thread related to the OnePlus 3 be posted? ;)

Come on, this is waaaay too easy :D

Devalkhatri1, asishgrwl, SRD. and 8 others like this.
  7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #6

The weekly updates! Ah who doesn't love them, a window to the world of OnePlus.

I know you've been searching for weekly update number 1, but that's not what it was called!
    The weekly updates were just called Week followed by the week number and update. So what you're looking for is Week 1 update ;)

See you at the first weekly!

8. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Since the carnival games are closing on 21st, the frequency of Additional clues are going to increase! Keep watching this thread to to grab all the RPs ;)

Additional Clue #7:

I always look forward to weekly updates, but I wish I didn't have to read Weekly Update 352. @Trista W. from global community, says goodbye :(

That's where the next clue is.

Devalkhatri1, atenaa, Dresa91 and 4 others like this.
  9. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #8:

Did you know that OnePlus's very own rom, Oxygen OS, was named by the community?
    @Brandon H invited the community to the name the ROM :cool:

10. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #9:

We all love creating new threads and asking for OS updates but the mods seem to ruin it for us every single time. :D So @David Y. created a safehouse - a thread where you can ask for updates freely! (or if you're simply unhappy and want to vent, that works too) :cool:

The clue says: Software Update and Excitement! You NEED to use search for this. It's right there :D

SRD., David Y., Devalkhatri1 and 4 others like this.
  11. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #10:

Did you know OnePlus gave away custom never settle stickers in the first ever contest it hosted on the forums?

The first ever contest thread can be found at the end of the contest sub-forum. It is the last thread on the last page ;)

SRD., Devalkhatri1, asishgrwl and 3 others like this.
  12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 20, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #11:

Heeya Hunters,

I heard you're stuck at #11? Well, you won't be for long now. YRJ to the rescue :D

OnePlus announced its first ever magazine -Addition- in 2019, with an aim to put the best stories on paper, it quickly became a fan favourite! Not only is it collection of stories by the community's most renowned story tellers, it is also ONEPLUS's history on paper. The real paper, yes!

Your next clue is in the thread where it was announced. Hint: @Chris dB ;)

SRD., Devalkhatri1, asishgrwl and 8 others like this.
  13. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 20, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #12:

This is the only image clue in the hunt!
    This is one of the most popular threads in the forums, one that is active even today. Created in August 2018, this weekend fun time by @Ruby G. is a thread where users chat via Bitmojis!

You know where your next clue is ;)

SRD., asishgrwl, Devalkhatri1 and 5 others like this.
  14. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 20, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #13:

With just three more clues to go we are approaching the end of the hunt as well as the Carnival games! If you're still stuck, hurry before it's too late ;)

It's been a while since we've heard from @Cheetosdust but if there's something I really miss (besides his awesome threads) is the friendly exchange between him and @dsmonteiro
    If you want to get a glimpse of how intense it gets, you should definitely visit dsmonteiro's roast thread!

Oh and did I tell you, that's where you'll find your next clue? :D

15. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 21, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #14:

With an aim to present content in a different format that would appeal to a wider audience the Writers’ Club came up with a Tech Podcast - Loop!

The first episode was posted over a month ago, you should definitely give it a listen and while you're at it, maybe even find a clue? :D

16. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 21, 2020 :
    Additional Clue #15:

Hurray! You've reached the last stage of the contest and the only thing that remains once you've solved the clue is to crack the final riddle using clues from Google forums which should give you an extra 100RP

@camohan was the first user to create a review thread in the user reviews subforum! The Showcase reviewer posted an in-depth review of the Explorer backpack! You should definitely check it out :D

ayemei, DarshanMeniya, SRD. and 6 others like this.
  17. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 21, 2020 :
    Final Call!!

Hey all,

Over the past week, y'all have surprised me with your skills! Solving the clues faster than I anticipated, you make it look very easy. Congratulations! If you've made it this far, you're a true scavenger. :cool:

I've really enjoyed making this fun little game, and the response makes it all worth it. Finally, we are now approaching the end. To ensure all winners get the RPs before the raffle exchange this game will close and all Google forms will stop accepting responses at 3:00 PM HKT// 12:30 IST// 8:00AM CET today. You have about an hour before it closes. Hurry now!

Tip for final hint: arrange the clues in the order you found them and fill in the link in lower case. ;)

I hope you had fun playing this game. All answers with relevant links wil be updated after the game ends. Massive shoutout to @dsmonteiro and @Leo X. for all the help.

Cheers!

18. YRJ

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Dec 21, 2020 :
    [SOLVED] Scavenger Hunt Clues answer key

Hey all,
    We've closed the forums for further replies, please find the solved key to the hunt below.
    • Finally, you reach the last step! FINAL RIDDLE Congratulations! You reached the end of the road! With all the riddles you solved along the way, visit onepl.us/_ _ _ _ _ _ _ to prove yourself the king of the Scavenger Hunt!
      • Answer: onepl.us/cokxh70
    Thanks for your participation.
    Best regards,
    Y

19. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2020

20. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 15, 2020

21. SRD.
    Lollipop Dec 15, 2020

22. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2020

23. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2020

G_plusone and YRJ like this.
  24. Tilak G.

25. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Dec 15, 2020

26. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  27. McJader
    Lollipop Dec 15, 2020

28. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2020

Liehjan , Dec 15, 2020 :
    Who would have thought that this feature is useful :)

upload_2020-12-15_15-35-56.png

anunayC, G_plusone, SRD. and 6 others like this.
  29. sanki_man

YRJ likes this.
  30. DCommander
    Froyo Dec 15, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  31. kamal.kv
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2020

kamal.kv , Dec 15, 2020 :
    I am in for game, lets start...

YRJ likes this.
  32. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Dec 15, 2020

Batman360 likes this.
  33. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 15, 2020

YRJ , Dec 15, 2020 :
    I'm sorry Tibi, did not understand the question.

Batman360 and TibiTibi like this.
  34. Bhaveee
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2020

YRJ and Batman360 like this.
  35. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Dec 15, 2020

TibiTibi , Dec 15, 2020 :
    I did not understand the clue 😂

SRD., YRJ and Batman360 like this.
  36. sunilr1491

YRJ likes this.
  37. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 15, 2020

Starcommander, YRJ and Batman360 like this.