[ENDED] OnePlus Warp Cooking Challenge | Do you have what it takes to be a Warp Chef?

1. SouravArora , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 25, 2020 :
    Ok ! sure !

Dresa91 and YRJ like this.
  2. M1593034097079
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

M1593034097079 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Hello everyone

Congratulations to the ones shortlisted 🥳.I have been trying all the recipes and my son told me they are yum preps [e]1f60a[/e].Thanks for posting them here. Would love to add a special one for you all...The kashmiri Kahwa tea with all the ingredients needed. Cheers!! to all the participants and the organisers[e]2615[/e]

1593158011817.jpg

1593158034066.jpg

1593158034126.jpg

G_plusone, Swatiranjan and Dresa91 like this.

3. G_plusone likes this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 26, 2020

YRJ , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Hey there,
    Thanks for posting your recipe but for this thread in particular, you need to prepare one of the 6 mentioned recipes and post pictures of the same.
    No no. Absolutely not. This contest is open to everyone!
    As this was a 2 stage contest, users are congratulating the winners of the previous contest.

5. MaiBeret
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2020

MaiBeret , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Aahhh I can't help but blush while seeing this! I'm shocked that people still remember about my cookies! :oops:

This looks really fun by the way!

G_plusone, Swatiranjan, YRJ and 2 others like this.
  6. YRJ

YRJ , Jun 26, 2020 :
    As I said, these things always stand out and cannot be forgotten easily ;)

I hope I get to see something of this sort again ;)

Dresa91, Swatiranjan and MaiBeret like this.
  7. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Jun 26, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Doesn't matter whether you are only into cooking or not. But this Recipe is as mouth watering as the garlic bread one.
    About Chaat Masala - I don't think anywhere else in the world Chaat does exist [e]1f61c[/e]

@YRJ is only one contestent is there and he/she posts all 6 recipe s , is there any special point system ?? I mean if possible.
    I think @Batman360 is also becoming Batchef 365.

8. YRJ

YRJ , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Unfortunately, we did not set rewards/points for such special cases. The rules and rewards are as stated in the original post.

Batman360, Dresa91 and Swatiranjan like this.
  9. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jun 26, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Haha!! Thanks SRD that really means alot to me 😊
    Also chaat masala is available everywhere though. MDH uncle is everywhere 😂😉
    Win or not, I really enjoyed cooking and eating these dishes🤤🤤

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020

10. nakulpasricha24
    Donut Jun 26, 2020

nakulpasricha24 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    MDH waale uncle is Dope!!😍

AbhilashSaikia, YRJ and Swatiranjan like this.
  11. MaiBeret
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2020

MaiBeret , Jun 27, 2020 :
    Thank you @YRJ for making such a fun event for us haha! I had a lot of fun doing this!

I decided to make the "Choco Banana Walnut Cake" recipe. I can't help but love anything with banana in it.
    I did substitute some ingredients though if that's ok. ;v;

So, let's get started? XD

1.jpg

Ingredients:
    • 3 Bananas (1 1/2 Sliced and 1 1/2 Mashed)
    • 1/2 Cup Sugar
    • 45g Butter
    • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
    • 1 Cup Milk
    • 2 Cups Flour
    • 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
    • 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
    • 1 Tsp Baking Soda
    • 1/4 Tsp Salt
    • 3 Eggs
    • 35g Walnuts
    • Optional: Choco chips/ Cinnamon/ Confectioners sugar

I substituted the vinegar/water for milk, and instead of olive oil, I went with butter instead. I also added less sugar to this recipe as I felt that the cocoa powder already comes with a significant amount of sugar in it and I don't want to make the cake too sweet. I also added 3 eggs to the mix to not let it get too dry.

Side Note: I usually add the milk the moment I need it rather than having it out and ready. I want to avoid it from getting warm.

1) In the photo, I already whisked the salt, flour, baking powder and baking soda in the bowl. Leave that on the side and start on another bowl for the wet ingredients.

---

2.jpg

2) In this separate bowl you're going to add sugar, butter, 3 eggs, and vanilla extract. You're going to mix that for several minutes until the mixture looks pale and fluffy.

---

3.jpg

3) Once the mixture looks like the image above, you're going to add the mashed bananas and mix it a bit more.

---

4.jpg
    4) Then you're going to grab a mortar and pestle and add your walnuts. (If you don't have one of these, you're free to grab a bowl and a fork)

---

5.jpg

5) Now you're going to want to crush them to your preferred size. I like them semi-small, but you're free to have them either big or turn them into a powder.

Side Note: I like to buy the walnuts whole because when I crush them, I get those essential oils from the nut and it gets added to the mixture, giving it extra flavor.

---

6.jpg

6) Next you're going to get your cold milk ready and already add and whisk your cocoa powder to the flour mixture.

---

7.jpg

7) Now you're going to add the wet ingredients with the dry. DO NOT BLEND! (If you use the mixer for this, you will lose that finalized fluffy texture and bounce for the cake)! You're going to want to use a whisk or spatula to fold the mixture multiple times. You want to continuously fold it until it looks like the image below.

8.jpg

---

9.jpg

8) Next you're going to want to prepare a pan like pictured above. You can either grease the pan with butter and add a thin coating of flour around it, or you can do what I did and place a sheet of parchment paper. In the beginning, I only place half of the mixture into the pan. You're going to want to get your sliced bananas ready for the next step.

Side Note: You can already turn on the oven and let it heat up to 185°C/ 365°F.

---

10.jpg

9) You're going to want to gently lay out the banana slices on top of the mixture. You don't want to press the banana into the batter and have it touch the bottom of the pan. That will risk burning the bottom of the cake. If you have any extra slices of banana, just use them to cover some large gaps.

Side Note: I like to have my bananas slices semi-thin. If they're too thick, the cake will have a really mushy center, and I'm not too big of a fan of that. Thin slices gives an added flavor to the cake, the batter will also absorb any secreted juices.

---

11.jpg

10) This next step is optional of course, but I personally love doing this. I add 2-3 small spoons of sugar into a small bowl, and then add 1/2-1 small spoon of cinnamon to the bowl and mix it until it becomes like the picture below.

12.jpg

---

13.jpg

11) With the sugar and cinnamon mixture you prepared, you're going to sprinkle an evenly thin layer of it on top of the banana slices. Make sure you also get the corners of the cake.

---

14.jpg

12) You're now going to add the rest of the batter. Make sure to add it gently so it doesn't ruin/mess up the banana layer you just made. Use a spatula to spread the batter to the corners.

---

15.jpg

13) The oven should be ready at this point. Place the pan inside and let it bake for about 25-35 minutes.

---

16.jpg

14) When it's done, take the cake out and grab a toothpick. You're going to want to stab poke the cake with the toothpick to make sure that it's ready. You'll know it's not ready if the batter sticks to the toothpick. If it does, leave it in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. If not, then tada!!!

---

Now it's time to prepare our plate for whoever is going to eat it. <3
    You don't have to do it my way, you're free to do whatever you'd like.
    But at this point you all know how excessive I am sometimes... X"D
    You want to make this while the cake is cooling down.

1) If you want to have a design on top of the cake, feel free to get a piece of paper, a pencil, eraser, and razor/scissors ready.

17.jpg

2) I decided to go for the OnePlus logo, as this is apart of a OnePlus event haha. Make sure your design is small enough to fit a slice of cake. I used a razor to cut the design out. I will be using the cutout as my template, but you're free to also use the cut paper if it's in good condition after the cut.

---

18.jpg

3) Place the cutout onto the side and start preparing the chocolate. Get a small microwaveable bowl and add some choco chips to it. You'll be adding that into the microwave for 15 seconds, multiple times. After every 15 seconds, you want to mix the chocolate around until all of it is fully melted like pictured below. Set that aside.

19.jpg

---

20.jpg

4) Now we're going to decorate a slice of cake with our cutout design. Get a strainer and add some confectioners sugar into it. One spoonful is fine. Gently lay the design on top of the cake slice, too hard and you might risk making the paper stick onto the cake. Using the spoon, you're going to tap the strainer above the cake. You don't want too much confectioners sugar to fall, you wan't a thin layer to land on top of the cake like pictured below. You're then going to carefully remove the design from the top of the cake without smearing the sugar. What I usually use is a thin plier to remove the paper (Make sure it's clean. I usually have a separate one for kitchen use only). Once done, you're going to transfer the cake onto a new plate. Make sure the cake is placed on the side of the plate.

Side Note: If you sprinkle the design while the cake is still super hot, the confectioners sugar will melt into the cake and get sticky... You may risk ruining your design as well.

21.jpg

---

22.jpg

5) If you have piping bag, feel free to use it for this next step, if not feel free to do what I do lol. I get some plastic wrap and add my melted chocolate on it. Then I close all 4 sides and twist it, so the melted chocolate is gathered in one area and it wont spill when I press it. Get a toothpick and poke a small hole in the middle. Put that on the side and get your walnuts ready.

---

23.jpg

6) I also grabbed 2 pieces of walnut and placed it into a small bowl. With a fork, I crushed it into small pieces.

---

24.jpg
    7) Now you're going to use the chocolate and make a zigzag design on the side of the plate. On top of the chocolate design, you're going to sprinkle the walnuts. This will be used as a small taste enhancer for those who eat it.

---

Now it's time to see the result of your hard work! <3

25.jpg

26.jpg

VOILÀ!!! It's ready to be consumed!!! Yum!!! XD

This was really fun to make haha! I really hope this looks appetizing to you all. <3

Now it's time for the taste tasting. I wanted to make it a live testing, so I stole my husband and had him try it on camera lol. (He actually volunteered for it). I haven't tasted it yet, so we're going in blind.

I really hope you'll enjoy this mini video we made. :blush::blush::blush:

12. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 27, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 27, 2020 :
    nice one:)! wow:) for me a winner:)!

13. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jun 27, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 27, 2020 :
    #3. Warp Choco Walnut Banana Cake

As per my previous post's spoiler, I wasn't gonna post this, but I wanted to eat this really bad and why not post it when I am already making it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    After this, I'm going to call Alfred and tell him, he is off the vacation.
    P.S. The whole cake got eaten even faster than it got baked, and no I didn't eat the whole thing alone so yeah shut up, I ain't fat!!

Ingredients:

IMG_20200627_180434_001.jpg

Even the banana said "Just Make It"

1.) Half cup milk.
    2.) One full cup grinded sugar.
    3.) One full cup all purpose flour (maida).
    4.) One full cup cream (malai).
    5.) One sliced banana.
    6.) Three crushed walnuts.
    7.) 1 tsp baking powder.
    8.) 2 tbsp cocoa powder.
    9.) 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (not necessary though).

Disclaimer: The above mentioned ingredients are sufficient for making the cake that serves 4 people, if eaten at once, like my family.

Proceedings:

1.) Take a mixer grinder and put every ingredients mentioned above in it. (One by one obviously, not like cavemen.)

IMG_20200627_181613_001.jpg

2.) Turn on the mixer (ohh baby, you so hot!!) and keep it on until the ingredients makes a smooth af batter (yes, 120hz smooooth).

IMG_20200627_182003_001.jpg

IMG_20200627_182021_001.jpg

3.) Take a big bowl and pour the batter in it. (Pour it like a showoff😉).

IMG_20200627_182533_001.jpg

4.) Take the bowl and put it in the microwave and heat it at 900W for 5 minutes.

IMG_20200627_183031_001.jpg

5.) Take it out and garnish it with crushed walnuts.

IMG_20200627_183855_001.jpg

IMG_20200627_183901_001.jpg

IMG_20200627_183916_001.jpg

And yeah that's pretty much it. Made it in less than 15 minutes. Damn that was superfast ⚡
    And oh the taste!!! Can't be described in words, so won't even try. 😉

That's all folks! 3 on 3 and I'm out. Wake me up the result is announced 😴

YRJ, G_plusone, Swatiranjan and 2 others like this.
  14. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 27, 2020 :
    next great realisation:)

YRJ, G_plusone, Swatiranjan and 2 others like this.
  15. Batman360

Batman360 , Jun 27, 2020 :

Whhhaaattttt?????!!!! :eek: 💥🤯
    This is soo perfect ❤️🤩😍
    Ohh, I wish I had skills like you😭🥺
    The video gets sooo funny in the middle, when your husband compares the cake with his mom's cake😂😂😂
    Okay, I'mma just go ahead and call my bae now, as I'm missing her watching your recipe, coz she's an awesome cook too😍🤤
    Kudos again, amazing job done by you 🔥🔥

16. Batman360

17. Dresa91

18. MaiBeret
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2020

MaiBeret , Jun 27, 2020 :
    Hahaha the timing! We both submitted that same dish almost at the same time hahaha!! This is awesome! Also, your cake looks really delicious!! How thick did it turn out to be in the end? Did it have a brownie texture to it, or was it fluffy? I'm a huge sucker for brownies (Sadly, my husband isn't...). I definitely want to try to make that cake in your version!

Aahhh I'm so hungry!

Omg you're too kind aahhh!! Hdksbxks nuuuu it's not perfect at all! Hahaha and yeah, my husband can be a real handful sometimes LMFAO! Idk what to do with him.

Also that's super sweet :eek: you definitely should. You should also ask her to make something and post it on here too! I'd love to see her food!

Speaking of food, I also saw your other posts. I think it isn't a good idea for me to be on this thread, my stomach just suffers with every delicious picture I see. Amazing job with your posts, I call them all perfection :eek: You are Batchef360 of the threads!!!! Heck!!

19. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Jun 27, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 27, 2020 :

Oh mai mai ... I want a piece of this Yummilicius cake. 🤤

20. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Jun 27, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 27, 2020 :
    My dear @Batman360 . You are a genius of everything.
    Lots of love for all your skills. Yes, I can buy your cake if it is sold, but I am amazed by @MaiBeret 's perfection.