[Ended] The Writers’ Club is expanding and it needs your talent. Join now!

1. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Sep 16, 2021

Cheetosdust , Sep 16, 2021 :
    WC header.png

Hello everyone,

content drives engagement, but look around and you’ll see that good content drives a sustained relationship between a publication and its readership. Looking at the forums, the Writers’ Club is a group of members who love tech and culture, and love to write about it all. Now the project is expanding and it needs your help. Interested? Please keep reading.

A new Editor
    This is going to be a packed thread and there are two main points to mention. The first one is that I was invited to become an Editor for the Writers’ Club. I am going to help the team with content - creating and editing their own pieces - and its scheduling.

Hear the call
    Since its inception, the whole team has produced amazing pieces, but the time has arrived to increase the number of members. The second news of the day is that we are organizing a competition to select up to ten new members who are going to join the team.

We are not looking for professional writers, but for individuals who are truly passionate about technology and love to write engaging content. The invite is valid to everyone who is reading this thread. We're also introducing a reward system to Writers' Club. If you want to know more, please check @dsmonteiro post below.

Ready, Set, Write!
    To participate, you’ll have to visit this specific sub-forum and create a new thread with your entry. You can show your skills writing about gaming, tech (not limited to smartphones or accessories), photography, and pop culture (movies, TV shows, anime, comics, books, etc).

Your participation should be a thread about trending topics, news, opinion pieces, or even content that can be useful for other members (a guide, a list with the best apps, etc). For this competition, reviews are not eligible because they are outside the scope of this project.

The best content created for this contest will be moved to the appropriate sections and recommended. If that happens, that means you're on the right track!

A few ground rules
    Only new content shared in the sub-forum mentioned is valid for this campaign. To keep things under control, you can only submit one post per week. You can share more content, but only your first post of the week will be considered. The time and date of this thread mark the reset of each week.

Hey, you, awesome designer
    If you are interested in joining the team, but instead of words, your heart beats in images, we are also looking for talented people who can join the team to help with the banners.

Like in the other category, please visit this sub-forum and start a single thread with your images created in a 1080x520 format. If you are creating a banner for a specific thread started by another member, please do link it within your participation.

From this category of content, up to two new members are going to be selected and invited to join the Writers’ Club team.

Your first deadline

For both categories, the competition will be held during the next four weeks. This means you’ll be able to share your content until October 13, 11:59 PM EST October 20, 11:59 PM EST.

Finally, the prizes
    And to fuel your talent from the get-go, the best four entries are going to be compensated. The Community team is rewarding those who create the best entries with TWO OnePlus Buds Pro and TWO OnePlus Watches. As mentioned before, the best writers and designers will be invited to join the Writers' Club where they’ll be able to win even more rewards based on their participation.

The selection for both the prizes and the invites for the Writers' Club will be based on your entries. Entering in the 4 different weeks will slightly increase your chances, but the key factors will be the quality of your content and how engaging it is.

The Writers’ Club is bigger than its members, it was created and it will continue to be an initiative to help dynamize the forums. I wish you are as hopeful as I am with the news shared here today and I truly hope they inspire you to apply.

It’s an initiative that I want to keep always placed on the user’s side. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do reach out, something that I hope can start with this thread. This also means that if you have an idea for a thread, even if you are not part of the team, I am always interested in listening to it.

Good luck to everyone who is interested, I hope to see your participation soon.

2. Cheetosdust

Stickied Post
    Since we really want the rules to be crystal clear, here’s an abridged version of them for the members who are in a hurry.
    • The Writers’ Club is expanding with a contest to select new members
    • Interested members should post their content as a new thread here
    • You should submit only one post per week
    • The competition will run until October 13, 11:59 PM EST October 20, 11:59 PM EST
    • Content can be: Gaming, Tech, Photography, Entertainment
    • Format should be: News, Discussions, Opinion Pieces, Guides, Best Apps Lists
    • Reviews are not eligible
    • From this category, up to ten users will be selected
    • Designers are also wanted: created a thread with 1080x520 banners here
    • From this category, up to two users will be selected
    • Best entries will be rewarded with TWO OnePlus Buds Pro and TWO OnePlus Watches
    We hope that with these two posts, the message is completely clear. But any questions you may have should be shared in this thread. Thank you once again and best of luck.

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 16, 2021

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

With this message, I would like to welcome @Cheetosdust as a Writers' Club editor, provide some clarity on why I invited a user to become an editor for the Writers' Club, and finally provide some insight on how the Writers' Club reward program will work.

Let's welcome Cheetosdust
    If you've been around long enough, you know there's a lot of banter and cheekiness between Cheetosdust and me. What might not be of public knowledge is how much he has helped in the past few years away from the public eye. While he has helped in more ways than one, one thing he has done consistently is providing valuable feedback on content strategy and proofreading. For this reason and his experience, I believe he can be of great assistance to the Writers' Club as an editor.

But why a user as an editor?
    Fair hypothetical question for you to ask hypothetically. The Writers' Club ultimate goal was always to become a self-sustained group of users creating content for other users, with OnePlus only providing the tools to allow great writers to have a suitable platform. However, with the company's involvement, there was a lingering question in the back of the head of a few of our users – How much influence does OnePlus exert through editing and proofreading? The answer is none whatsoever, but rather than words, I prefer actions to mirror that. As such, I will slowly step down as an editor. First with Cheetosdust as an editor, and then with more user editors as the group grows.

That's all fine, but tell me about those rewards
    I hear you, rewards are cool. One thing people most people don't know is that the Writers' Club members have been selflessly creating content until now. The only reward provided to them so far was a OnePlus Watch they did not expect to receive. However, we believe that those who help build a better Community deserve the recognition and the rewards for their work. As such, we'll be kickstarting a Reward System for this group.

This Reward System will be based on a point system where posts, header images, and editing are rewarded according to the users' efforts. The system is built in such a way that doesn't promote meaningless spam, as there is still a content calendar behind it all.

Users can then gather enough points to exchange them for prizes. While this point system will first start as a Writers' Club exclusive, we aim at using the same rules to reward high-quality content that gets officially recommended, regardless of who writes it. This will in turn allow us to find more people to invite to the group in the future.

So, if you feel like you have all the best words, enter this contest and join the Writers' Club!

4. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Oct 21, 2021 at 9:45 AM

Stickied Post
    Cheetosdust , Oct 21, 2021 at 9:45 AM :
    Hello awesome people,

first of all, thank you to everyone who submitted a thread for the contest. All the threads are now moved to the correct sections. As you are probably aware, the deadline was reached a few hours ago, and threads submitted after that won't be considered.

Now we'll review all the entries and choose the new members for the Writers' Club. I know that everyone is eagerly waiting, I am too, but please bare with me, as almost sixty threads were submitted.

The winners will be announced in a new thread, so please keep visiting the forums and pay attention to your notifications.

Once again, a wholehearted thank you, who made this surpass all the expectations.

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 22, 2021 at 6:52 PM

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Oct 22, 2021 at 6:52 PM :
    Hey everyone,

I would like to start by thanking every one of you that participated in this contest. It is content that keeps the Community alive, and it was rewarding to see so many of you want to have a part in it.

As we go through the entries, one idea popped in the back of my mind: what if we turn this into a long-term contest? Let me explain. The Writers' Club was never meant to be a static group, and we want to welcome new writers as much as possible. Having this contest always running, even if with slightly different mechanics, would allow us to better identify those that would like to have an active role in content creation, thus helping to identify new aspiring writers.

What are your thoughts?

6. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 16, 2021

McJader , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Praise the bald man, looking forward:D

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 16, 2021

YRJ , Sep 16, 2021 :
    It has been a terrific journey so far and I trust that with the (second round) expansion things will only get better.

Goodluck to everyone applying, looking forward to great content in the Writers' Club corner and ultimately seeing you be a part of the team soon :)

8. Iamhasannaqvi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2021

Iamhasannaqvi , via OnePlus 7 , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Great to hear this! I haven't created a thread as of yet but now I think I should create one.

Best of luck to all the writers and creators of this community!

ItsaMe!, atenaa, WakeAwake and 3 others like this.
  9. Cheetosdust

Looking forward. Just please don't forget to start your thread here. ;)

10. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 16, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Am not a writer myself, however I look forward to reading the content created. Will be interesting to read other people's points of view on the subjects they write about.

Maybe a couple of sample submissions or a link to an article already published elsewhere would give a heads up on what type of article or content is required.

Best of luck to all the writers 🍀👍

11. Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 9 Pro co-developed with Hasselblad , Sep 16, 2021 :
    I've been waiting for something like this. And the reward system is a great idea to get all the amazing content creators motivated to push out some content. These forums are filed with so many people with so much talent, love and enthusiasm. This is the perfect way for them to showcase their skills, get us all engaged and talking and debating on everything we are all passionate about. I'm entering. I hope my entry will be writers club material.

12. rhyd1am
    KitKat Sep 16, 2021

rhyd1am , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Like a few others ( looking at @Caomhin ), I'm in no way much of a writer (at least not on a level that many other members of the community are), but I am looking forward to seeing what the more creative members can produce here 🙂

13. rhyd1am
    KitKat Sep 16, 2021

rhyd1am , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Only one way to find out 😉

14. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 16, 2021

YRJ , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Maybe it's just me but “samples” or examples often obliterate creativity. Writing should come naturally and as such there is no right or wrong ways to do it.

Perhaps the absence of examples would result in some surprising entries? Only time will tell :cool:

15. SRD.
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2021

SRD. , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Maybe some other day...
    I wish the next members of the writers club, " All the very best".

16. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Sep 16, 2021

17. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2021

Cheetosdust, atenaa, Gor. and 4 others like this.
  18. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Amazing @dsmonteiro and @Cheetosdust ✌🏻
    I wish I could apply to this awesome group of creators, but I don't have the time nowadays with all the studies.... probably next year 😔

Best of luck to all those who are applying.
    And I know that @McJader is definitely going to be a part of the WC, best of luck 👍🏻

19. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 16, 2021

McJader , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Aww I wish you'd have time, but I understand:D
    Thanks for the vote of confidence man, let's see.:p

20. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Sep 16, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Congrats Mr.Cheetos (@Cheetosdust as the Editor!)
    I will try to write the required threads but its kinda time crunch at hand these days! Anyways best of luck guys.

21. camohan

camohan , Sep 16, 2021 :
    I can't imagine Cheetosdust as editor, just because it will be so painful for him to trim those lovely and artistic words.

Congratulations my friend.

All the Best to the participants!

I can talk English, write English and sing English. Oooo la la. Do I qualify?

22. H.S.S
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2021

H.S.S , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 16, 2021 :
    This was 😂😂😂