[ENTRIES CLOSED] #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

1. Amisid007 Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

2. Naval Kishore Singal Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

Naval Kishore Singal, Feb 21, 2019 :
    17. Software:
    Who are the users?
    All smartphone users with limited internet data and speed; and who wants to save time.

What is the proposed function?
    Update “Play Store” > “My apps & games” are parallel multiple downloads. Secondly, provide the functionality to the update screen with the latest available updates. Third update the connection issue. Fourth, provide functionality to pause the update or download.

What is the user value?
    Currently “Play Store” do not download multiple downloads / updates at parallel, it goes one after another. In that case, it wastes time in pausing other downloads till the first one completely gets downloaded and installed. But in case, of Apple App Store, it downloads multiple apps at a time and installs one after another.

Currently under “My apps & games”, if we have some updates available to get updated, there is only one option “Update All” available. There is no option to refresh the screen and recheck for the new updates. Therefore, we need to update the old or few updates then refresh the screen from the refresh icon then again, we get new updates then again click “update all”. Sometimes in the new refreshed updates we again get the app that we just updated which wastes our time and internet data.

Many a times, we download updates/apps from the wifi or phone internet. Sometimes we are connected to wifi and downloading and heavy app e.g "PubG" game and suddenly wifi connection goes off due to power failure and there the download stucks in between do not use phone internet as an alternate connection and also blocks the other updates and downloads in the queue. And to solve the issue we need to stop that update or download and restart it from the beginning which wastes a lot of time and data. There must a option to pause or auto pause the downloads in between to download them later when internet is available, this situation happens when the user has lesser mobile data than the amount of data required to download the app.

3. Nathan_Nandap_wRuU Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

Nathan_Nandap_wRuU, Feb 21, 2019 :
    Apart from all the upgrades possible on the future OxygenOS, I think the next device should work on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. This would increase the speed entirely....
    And a natural language command based Virtual Assistant would really help out..
    Then I was thinking of how an always-on display would upgrade the OS generally..
    Furthermore, the body and design of a the OS wouldn't matter much if it had an awesome feature! Consumers generally want a twist, being different would definitely help out (creative).
    I actually haven't used a OnePlus device yet, so my suggestions are clearly from comparisons and consumer expectations!!

4. K1520638048560 Eclair Feb 21, 2019

Nathan_Nandap_wRuU likes this.
  5. GuiBif Eclair Feb 21, 2019

6. Orion98 Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

Orion98, Feb 21, 2019 :
    Should be great to add print function in the gallery app like samsung gallery not to use Google's Photo

7. Luis Agreda Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

Luis Agreda, Feb 22, 2019 :
    Features for OxygenOS
    OnePlus software is really good, but to make it perfect, we need some new features, such as:
    • Press power button twice to open any app, or shortcut, such as a screenshot or a lockdown.
    • Screen Recorder in the notification bar.
    • Always on Display icon in notification bar.
    • In OnePlus 6t, an always active fingerprint reader, without taping or waking up the screen.
    • In the App Locker, a configuration where the user could select which fingerprint might enter to the locked apps.
    • AR Ruler
    • When raising or lowing the volume, a gesture that adds up the ring volume and alarm volume
    • A hidden folder to store documents, videos, images.
    • Security in hidden space.
    • If it is possible, a dual speaker for stereo sound would deliver better quality with the front and the normal speaker.

8. jetdragon67 Froyo Feb 22, 2019

jetdragon67, Feb 22, 2019 :
    Some sort of app edge would be awesome. I really enjoyed that on the note edge years ago. Because it put my favorite apps within a swipe. Some sort of smart features where Bluetooth would automatically pair with a certain device or dnd turns on when you arrive to a particular location. Practical things like that would be great. Wide angle lens has always been a great camera feature as well.

9. J1544763473632 Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

10. A1549498720886 Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

11. ch_suryaprakash Donut Feb 22, 2019

ch_suryaprakash, Feb 22, 2019 :
    1)why don't we make use of dual cam for other functions(like for video recording,normal photos) rather using it only for potrait and low light photography
    2)The fingerprint scanner should be customized
    like-> while using gallery to swipe photos
    ->while using social networks to scroll the newsfeed
    3)vintage ultra battery saving mode( just basic calls,msgs)
    4) notification toggles should be brought done after swiping
    for ease of one handed use

12. Swapnil_oggy Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

Swapnil_oggy, Feb 22, 2019 :
    *Suggestion suggestion suggestion*

can we make the interface of contacts , sailer and messaging somewhat like stock Google.

That seems to be more easier and simpler to understand and use. The interface even looks pretty good to use.

Follow you look on this thing.

13. prokiller1199 Eclair Feb 22, 2019

14. adavya Donut Feb 22, 2019

adavya, Feb 22, 2019 :
    1.please add every app in 'parallel app'
    2.Add any music in video editing....eg. i want different music in my slow motion video rather than default one
    3.Loud tune after call cut
    4.Can set different lock on 'app lock'.....anyone who knows my screen lock can open my locked app too

15. aksshah2004 Froyo Feb 22, 2019

aksshah2004, Feb 22, 2019 :
    OxygenOS will literally get so much better (even though it's pretty good at this stage) if this contest is held every 6 months and the OS team adds the one winning feature. It should happen like 3 months before every phone release. OnePlus is truly built with the community. Never Settle!

G_Alan_Hosman_vCem likes this.
  16. swapnilgupta8 Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

swapnilgupta8, Feb 22, 2019 :
    We should have a feature of removing background noise of moving objects in camera features. So he one can take the pic with background of Taj Mahal with his pose and only Taj in background no other crowd.

17. G_X_x_qhcv Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

18. K1550690077321 Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

K1550690077321, Feb 22, 2019 :
    feature request : gps based mobile tracking even though the mobile is switched off.

my thought: a compact gps with required power supply(1 day stand by would be great) and become active when mobile is switched off. this gps system can be enable/disabled by the mobile user.

Advantage:
    1. Recover mobile from theft
    2. Identify misplaced mobile when the mobile is switched off

19. Nishchith Nish Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

Nishchith Nish, Feb 22, 2019 :
    Sorry, upload error. Week internet connection in my surrounding so I tapped many times.....this was happened

20. rjalkekar Froyo Feb 22, 2019

rjalkekar, Feb 22, 2019 :
    Hey Guys,
    Good Day...
    I am using Oneplus 6 from last few months and I am truely satisfied with the product and congratulate on the grand success. few things I have which can be implemented in the UI, Let Go...
    1. When we get a message to our mobile in inbox, we tend to forward/reply/delete this message some time. to do so, we need to reach out to the top of the mobile to find options for this. this is little hard for us(especially me), to reach out to top. so I thought of implementing few pop up icons like reply, forward, delete etc on top of the received current message when we long press and select that message would be of great help.