[ENTRIES CLOSED] #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

1. Vishnuimpreza01
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Vishnuimpreza01 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    IMG_20190207_083553.jpg #PMchallenge

Hi I would like the One plus Oxygen OS devs to include feature called Wifi Share.
    This feature is available in Huawei's EMUI (EMUI 5.0 and 8.0). This enables the user to create a Wifi hotspot and share WiFi data,instead of mobile data. This is a really handy so that it eliminates the need to share the Wifi password to everyone who comes over to your palce.

Who are the USERS?
    Well most of the users will either be having too many devices connected to the same network or those whose wish to have extend their wifi without spending money for a repeater. Also it can improve the privacy of the wifi by not sharing the Wifi password to the guests.

What is the 'Proposed Function'?

This allows the user to share/extend the wifi through the phone by creating hotspot and allowing others to connect.

What is the User Value?
    We nowadays come across many instances where the personal data stored in phones and computer leaking out. It's mainly due to the fact that they either give access to strangers or have a less secure network. If a person had important information stored in any machines, he/she, instead of sharing the wifi details, can allow them to connect their devices to the hotspot created by the phone and enjoy unrestricted access to the web.

How can this be improved in contrast to current implementations by other Smartphone manufacturers?
    Currently in android side of things, only Huawei has had this feature (heard that they removed this with the latest iteration of EMUI). It would have been great if the devs would allow changing the frequency of Wi-Fi ( that is it can either work in 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz or auto selection). Also an inclusion of limiter would also be a great addition in my frank opinion.

I hope oneplus would take my suggestion and implement in the next version of oxygen OS

Saniubah75 likes this.
  2. csrcsr07
    Marshmallow Feb 7, 2019

csrcsr07 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    waiting for the newly improved oneplus7 will it be up to the new world exceptations

3. G_shan_sohel_COvP
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

G_shan_sohel_COvP , Feb 7, 2019 :
    OOS needs bit of improvement
    add some unique features like if you calling or received call from some one the display shows the video which is set by the owner
    thanks
    #LOVEONEPLUS
    #WEAREONEPLUSFAMILY
    #SPEED
    #PASSION
    1549512535456.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Maximilian Killaitis
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

5. Philiphenry
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Philiphenry , Feb 7, 2019 :
    can OnePlus add face ID for AppLocks too! since all phones like oppo ,vivo , Samsung has face ID for apps indeed.

6. Kum1r
    Eclair Feb 7, 2019

Kum1r , Feb 7, 2019 :
    messages to be with colourful. simply the system utilities space which will help use more space

Saniubah75 likes this.
  7. E1529478430266
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

8. Visakh Raman
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Visakh Raman , Feb 7, 2019 :
    1. 6T fingerprint logo can be changed.
    2. Show breathing notifications with the 6t fingerprint icon to show relevant app notifications.
    3. disable power off without security code/pattern

9. Gourav_Bhattacharjee
    Eclair Feb 7, 2019

10. kollu.ramesh
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

kollu.ramesh , Feb 7, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Colne/Twin Apps and split screen Feature

Who are the users?
    All the users of Oneplus will be looking for these features.
    What is the proposed function?
    Its Clone/Twin apps and split screen feature. Two whats app applications for who will be using dual sims. Two facebook applications and etc. Users can use by cloning the applications. With split screen, they will be able to access 2 apps at once.
    What is the user value?
    Users can be able to use 2 whats app applications, as they normally use dual sims in the mobile. Nowadays people want to interact with personal and social people differently on Facebook for privacy. They will be able to create clone apps and they can use them. Just imagine a user is able to split the screen and use cloned apps at a time. it will be awesome.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    In OXYZEN OS we have a lot of features. But it lacks clone/dual apps and also the split screen feature. It will be a very nice feature and the users will WOW by looking at these features. They can be able to run multiple applications at a time by splitting the screen. They can be able to work parallel on apps.

Here are some images for the reference.

Clone Apps:
    upload_2019-2-7_11-6-41.jpeg

[​IMG]

Split Screen:
    upload_2019-2-7_11-9-8.jpeg

upload_2019-2-7_11-10-24.jpeg

[​IMG]

Saniubah75 likes this.
  11. Harshp2124
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Harshp2124 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    There should be change in recent screen UI, that there should be 4 screens at one time in recent screen. it would really help to navigate by name of the apps.

If the photo editor of OnePlus Gallery can be more customized then it can be better too.

Can OnePlus have it's own music player??

The processing time of photo in portrait mode is sometimes of few seconds that's really annoying some times.

Can there would be some more wallpapers for home and lock screen please?

Can there be some more options in customizing the UI of home and lock screen?

12. Vijay Anirudh
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Vijay Anirudh , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Well, that's awesome......I would like to suggest a own assistant like for apple-siri and for Samsung-Bixby and for OnePlus add an assistant

13. M1536600812365
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

14. Nitesh Pevekar
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Nitesh Pevekar , Feb 7, 2019 :
    A battery alarm option in settings menu itself or at least an alert for battery full charge.

This could be a very useful feature to increase battery life and to avoid any possibility of battery accident.

Saniubah75 likes this.
  15. Sothon
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Sothon , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Bonjour,

Alors il y a une fonctionnalité que je pourrais suggérer à Oneplus c'est de mettre la fonctionnalité du Face ID avec les notifications comme le font Honor ou Apple. C'est à dire la reconnaissance du Visage lorsqu'une notification apparaît sur l'écran de verrouillage, elle s'affiche si on regarde notre téléphone sinon la notification se met en mode masquer lorsqu'on ne regarde pas les notifications sur notre écran de verrouillage. #MerciOneplus #PMChallenge

16. G_Arunkumar_Locharla_Lwr
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

Arjan_singh_b likes this.
  17. oscarbergner
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

oscarbergner , Feb 7, 2019 :
    You should implement AI scanning into the camera app, so you can scan a text from a paper into your Phone, also so that it recognizes names, e-mail, Phone Number etc. It should automatically detect what it is you are scanning, that is the ultimate new function in my opinion.
    Cheers!

18. Sayan Paul
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

19. T1528731943834
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

T1528731943834 , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Hii SIR ,
    My name is Thanush Reddy , currently I am using OnePlus 6T (8gb ram ) varient , before giving my IDEAS , I want to thank you all for giving such a wonderful products and why I choose OnePlus instead of other brands , because of the premium looking and with great stuff inside in it and with best software i.e OXYGEN OS especially I think this differentiate OnePlus mostly from other brands and also time to time updates and last but not least , that is price which exactly matches with the product , that's why from the past two quarters the OnePlus is taking lead as a best premium smartphone of the year from the counterpoint. I hope same for the future ,
    While using OnePlus 6T , i experience lot more and I will share few ideas regarding OXYGEN OS , so please add these features to the OXYGEN OS for better experience to the users
    1. Please provide FACE ID for unlocking the APPS , definitely this makes oxygen os better and also add enable/ disable feature for this Face Id .
    2. Now currently there is Quick Gesture which can switch between only two apps , please make the switch between all apps not only between two , please make switch between all the apps just like iPhone x /xs/ xr .
    ........ I am definitely telling that by adding these two features to the oxygen os makes our experience to the next level please add these features, it will definitely like to many users and I also take some feed backs from some OnePlus 6 and 6T users they are also liked these two features.
    ...........I hope your team , definitely adds these two features for giving better experience to the OnePlus users . please don't ignore it.
    Thanking you for the taking feedback from the OnePlus lovers .

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

prabhugfx likes this.
  20. prabhugfx
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

prabhugfx , Feb 7, 2019 :
    Samsung-Galaxy-S9-Android-Pie-Samsung-Experience-10-15.jpg
    Pls Add Recent App Icons under Recent tab.........

1.Finger Print has some bugs , Sometimes not working Properly need to fix it.
    2.Add some more good Finger print animations.
    3.Lockscreen Notifications was not looking good....make it more flat & materialistic...2d type.
    4.Samsung One Ui was looking good ....should look alike it....
    5.Change Notification (Status) bar more materialistic.Flat type
    6.Need more options on Camera depth mode.
    7.Slow motion was nice but need to be Updated... not upto Premium Quality as compare to S8 and S9.
    8.Oneplus Cost nearly reaching the Samsung Premium Budget but Oneplus need to give Some extra features to Compete.
    9.Need Some AI features in Camera...And Add Some AR modes Stickers.
    10.Gallery should be updated....Quickpic app was nice...need to look alike.
    11.Need a Good Clock widget for homescreen.
    12.Need a App tray widget...with background color & opacity adjustment.

Thank You ONEPLUS....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019