[ENTRIES CLOSED] #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

1. G_ronish_RV_dXSf
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

G_ronish_RV_dXSf , Feb 9, 2019 :
    this is really awesome sir for the #oneplus users [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]2764[/e][e]2764[/e][e]2764[/e][e]2764[/e][e]2764[/e]

2. Vicky008
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

Vicky008 , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Who are the users?- Every User

What is the proposed function?- Screen Light-up

What is the user value?- If the user in dark area, He can turn the light-up feature to light-up the area. Light-up means mobile screen act like LED light to light-up the area.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?- Only Apple have this feature, but they only use for photo clicking, not for light-up the area. If we can go behind the use, not for just photo clicking we can use as light-up the area in dark like LED Bulb. that is why my idea is superior, as our slogan Never settle for one feature lets innovate..

Never Settle Team......

GuiBif and zdenko73 like this.
  3. Quistnez
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

Quistnez , Feb 9, 2019 :
    So I have found this as a problem for people who have no wifi and for those limited to mobil data.

There seem to be no way of transfering photos and (more interesting) documents from phone to a computer wireless, meaning without wifi or without wired connection.

This could be easy implemented by making a software program for both your windows and phone, which then uses bluetooth.

As for writers, journalists and editors having the ability to transfer documents on the go wireless and without costs of data or wifi would be beneficial.

zdenko73 likes this.
  4. GuiBif
    Eclair Feb 9, 2019

5. PRAKHARSHARMA10
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

GuiBif likes this.
  6. swistan
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

swistan , Feb 9, 2019 :
    1) The next smartphone with low sar value
    2) 3.5mm jack
    3) FM Radio

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

GuiBif likes this.
  7. RakeshZn
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2019

GuiBif likes this.
  8. alistarsmith
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

9. G_Игорь_Седин_PNmU
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

G_Игорь_Седин_PNmU , Feb 9, 2019 :
    I want to convey to you my thoughts. I have been using Android Assistant from Google for a long time. In the basic version, in previous versions there was a TEXT ALLOCATION function right on the screen, or in a photo, or on a map ... You see, there are no programs in the playmarket that support this function, but in my opinion it is very necessary. I can give just a few examples of its use, let's say I do not speak a foreign language, I need to translate the text, I need to select it, copy it, open the translator .. I want to see the text in the photo, yes, yes, exactly in the photo:.

10. F_Aakash_Patel_pRCV
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

F_Aakash_Patel_pRCV , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Hi OnePlus,

Thanks for giving opportunity to users for sharing their ideas/hurdles so we can all build trust and grow together.

As a user, our all time concern is PRIVACY. Privacy has been the most priority thing that user should be relaxed or should be aware of what has been shared from his private data. If we want to improve OxygenOS, as per my suggestion, we should provide a feature in OnePlus software, where can user see which application has accessed which module of the phone while using the phone OR in ideal condition.

Because, there are many applications on market which asks for permissions which it does not even require. And after giving permission, we as a user can never know what application tried to access in our phone. Say for example, If X application asks for Camera/Microphone access even if id does not need, I should be able to see a track, that when this application used my camera. If we have this feature on OxygenOS, we can easily check which application is trying to steal user data.

I believe 99% of users can not understand which application should be given which permission. So if OS can figure out which app does not require some module(like Messages) but still asks for permission, it can show user as a feature that which app asking for permission it does not require.

Think on this feature, may be this can be a biggest shot of OnePlus.
    Again, thanks for this opportunity.

Aakash.

zdenko73 likes this.
  11. spike143143
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

spike143143 , Feb 9, 2019 :
    hi guys
    I think followings changes could bring out some ease to use and bring utility too.
    1. ( Although I m old school and prefer fingerprint sensor at the back only, coz it's very natural as index finger is always closest to the fingerprint scanner) we can put to use fingerprint sensor for doing more things, than just unlock the device like :
    a) short touch at fingerprint can give a "back" function (apart from camera app as the same use to capture snaps)
    b) Just like short touch, long touch can be used for other shortcuts like move to home screen or recent apps (actually we can enhance gesture mode for fingerprint sensor for creating short cuts)
    c) a new function of fingerprint slide can also be introduced for sliding pages while reading or sliding images while using gallery

2. notification section can be provided with one more option to get notification as screen unlocks .. that way battery can be saved too and privacy can also be maintained.

3. just in case if we put fingerprint slide gesture then we can slide up or down the various menu ..like in setting or slide right or left in camera app for proper camera mode like front camera or back camera.. or other options, just with a slide of a finger

4 and if u guys want to take the new phone to a whole new level .. you guys can shift your focus towards customized phones on order basis as no one is doing that, customise the phone as per customer requirements, coz everyone has different needs so instead of building a all in one package, why not to ask the preference of customer and build the phone specially personalized for the customer. as this could be a game changer. just like assembling a PC why not to assemble a phone. ( non disclosure applied as ideas worth millions,[e]1f601[/e][e]1f604[/e][e]1f609[/e])

12. Kranthkumar12
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

Kranthkumar12 , Feb 9, 2019 :
    i am one plus 6t 256 gb varient some times when I using my device suddenly my loud speaker could not be working when I reset my mobile than it is working

13. Kranthkumar12
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

Kranthkumar12 , Feb 9, 2019 :
    i am one plus 6t 256 gb varient some times when I using my device suddenly my loud speaker could not be working when I reset my mobile than it is working

14. andrew_yousry
    Donut Feb 9, 2019

andrew_yousry , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Actually I have some suggestions to improve Oxygen OS experience. These are not new features to implement, these are only some modifications that can be easily done in the operating system:
    1- I hope you can disable the full screen keyboard when typing in Landscape orientation, it is really irritating when you can't see the application screen and all what you see is the keyboard .
    2- I hope you can add "kill foreground app" in the navigation bar customization section, to be able to kill freezing or non responding applications [for example by pressing the back button for long time].
    3- Also I hope you can add an option to disable power options [shutdown, restart] and also other quick settings [set flight mode on/off, WIFI on/off] when the screen is locked. actually this setting may help if you lose your phone somewhere and you need to call your number or activate ringer while preventing thieves from putting your phone in flight mode or shutting it down
    There is already an Xposed module which has all these functions and more, but unfortunately xposed is not regularly updated, not all features work on Oxygen OS, so I hope to find these features built in.
    Thank you

15. brian.sedore
    Honeycomb Feb 9, 2019

brian.sedore , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Two things. 1. You can already do that if you pull down with two fingers. 2. This is not how you make a suggestion.

16. manu980
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

manu980 , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Face unlock function should need improvement.More themes should be added.

17. NikitaZade
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

NikitaZade , Feb 9, 2019 :
    I have been using OnePlus 2 since 4 years now and touchwood its working absolutely perfect. Initially i had issues with the fingerprint scanner and the wire but it was all covered up within the warranty period and now its working very efficently. Though there are newer versions coming up every year, it would have been better if there were basic advancement in the older models as well by updating the OS to the current the OS because even if the the OS is updated the features will remain unique to the model. The only one thing missing in my phone is a multi tasking screen where i can play 2 things simultaneously,if that was possible it would be really helpful for all. Otherwise OnePlus is doing really fantastic. Keep Upgrading.Thank you.
    #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

18. sibiasrr
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

sibiasrr , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Hi,
    Just a product pitch for Integrated OnePlus Camera plus Notetaking App for Offline sources. Feel free to read them fully.

When oneplus 6 started full fledged advertising, it initiated its campaign with students, as it is the perfect phone for them. Yes I saw that ad and more importantly scrolled down BELOW to read out the comments. It’s just a Curiosity!!! Isn’t it? One of the comments read that this student (in the commercial) does all the things except studying. Well it’s true too, according to the pitch of the advertisement i.e., “Get your studies off to the perfect start with the One Plus 6”. Okay now I am coming to the point, that we are going to fill the Gap. This time we are going to ease the students studying burden in their study, not directly but in an indirect and smart manner.

We are gonna revolutionize(Not very much but a little) education industry by augmenting the smartness of the students, with little tweak in oxygen OS camera. We are going to use OCR (OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION) method to scan Images, documents and other things. I can hear you all murmuring, that there is a scan app is available now from Adobe to other unknown developers. Now we are going to push it further. Besides incorporating the capabilities that the features of scan apps now available in market, now we are going to incorporate additional feature which recognizes highlighted contents in a document/newspaper or any other offline source through just underlining or highlighting the sentences, data, information through a pen and helps export them into usable and editable content in the form of Images, pdf and other doc formats.

The USP is yet to come. We read physical book copies equivalent to the same amount we read online. A document or presentation is made by incorporating data from different sources. But segregating and compiling them into single repository of information from those different sources is a laborious process. If It is online it is easier just to select, copy, paste data. But offline sources say for example Newspapers, books, magazines etc.,, reading and replicating the data from them necessitates writing down key points and taking notes in a paper or manual typing the noted data and key points to make it available into a digital format, which it will turns out to be a laborious process and exhausts the time. As Digital Documentation of key points or valuable data from newspapers and other offline sources is quite a time consuming process, replacing it with just underlining the particular sentence, so as to later capture it using Camera app will enable users to read or refer to multiple sources.

Here Comes the USP

· We are going to incorporate a camera feature/mode (apart from preexisting Google lens and all), in the Oxygen OS that the camera software part is algorithmed to scan physical copies, captures and extracts the exactly highlighted key points, data, sentences whatever in the physical/offline sources that were underlined with a pen or preferably a coloured pen(Red or Green for minimizing the load on processing) or highlighted using a coloured marker. Then the extracted information can be exported to a external app for further edition or documentation in word or Excel or other doc formats. Else OnePlus can make a new app(like Google Keep) to use that information/ data with features enabling users to edit them and compile to a document.

· The real USP is that the target audience is not restricted to students. It can also be used by people of different professions like Engineers, Doctors, Researchers, Businessmen, etc because of the features’ versatility and as the one big thing that DATA capture – as data has become todays Virtual Gold

· Additionally, an option can be given to search the captured data i.e., captured key words/sentences, through Google lens to get more insight into that.

· If possible, besides incorporating them in Oxygen OS, the feature can also be incorporated in online mobile browsers

· No mobile has incorporated these feature in its camera software as far as I know

Pictorial representation of the Data/Information Extraction from offline sources:[​IMG]

IMG_20190206_211528452.jpg IMG_20190206_211638408.jpg

Real time Example for Information extraction process:

Eg:1

IMG_20190204_094841133.jpg

[​IMG]

· Above picture is taken after underlining the important or relevant key points in a newspaper that as a user I consider.

· The proposed app function as a scanner and captures and extracts the underlined character and present in an external app as well as first displaying it on camera screen for review

· The extracted data/information which will be exported to external android application will be as follows

o Polish physicist

o Businesswoman Olga malinkiewicz

o Perovskites

o A new generation of cheaper solar cells

· Google lens feature will be used in the camera interface itself after capturing the data if I need to have more information on the above captured information.
    [​IMG]

Question corner

Q1. Who are the users?

· Students, Professionals like Engineers, Doctors, Researchers, Businessmen. This feature is not restricted to a single profession as sourcing data/information becomes imperative for every profession

Q2. What is the proposed function?

· Utility oriented

· allows users to scan, selectively capture, store, sync and collaborate on content and use them on different document readers and editors

· For note taking, organizing, task lists, and archiving an offline content besides creating notes, which can be formatted text, web pages or web page excerpts, images, photographs, voice memos, or handwritten notes

Q3. What is the user value?

· Reduces time required for extracting information/data from multiple offline sources.

· Smart feature that is useful for everyone from budding businessman i.e., Students to successful businessmen

· Reduces or completely save the time devoted separately for document or writing ot typing the information or data or content inferred while reading multiple documents

· Better time management

· Enables users to made a targeted search for particular content or information

· On the go compilation of data for creative and better Presentations that are informative, while you are in cab, commute through public transport without wasting the journey time

Q4. If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Yes there are scanner app available in Google play to carry out most of the proposed function. But they lack in the targeted approach or in other words doesn’t support selective extraction i.e., selectively extracting information from offline sources. And also there are apps like Google keep and evernote exists which serves the documentation or compilation purposes. But there is not an app that have both scanning and compling functions integrated. Also we are giving them with Google lens capability to get more details for a given piece of information.

Also we can add OnePlus brand signatured writing pens or markers in the product portfolio or as freebies along with the handset to make it more value added product. These additions will indirectly promote the value of the phone and further aids tapping the interests of a niche segment which are so long untapped or unnoticed, while catering a bigger population or band of consumers.

19. mason_bk
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

mason_bk , Feb 9, 2019 :
    yes fornthe scanner yes for the antivirus default app the ones on the app store can't understand a phone like the people that made it can

20. abhinavjain1208
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

abhinavjain1208 , Feb 9, 2019 :
    Hey, OnePlus Provide official live wallpapers like google pixels phones ... It makes our phone more unique.

GuiBif and mason_bk like this.