[ENTRIES CLOSED] #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

1. sanjumanit Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

sanjumanit, Feb 11, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge-Inbuilt Screen Recording default, scheduled for security and other purposes
    Hi,

I was watching the tv and i got the thought immediately to make a video at the same time i have to use my phone app screens for the details. I was helpless. One more reason is that once i have given phone to some one to use my phone, i was very concern that he will user other than my call features. If have the inbuilt screen recording for the specific period of time backup facility or configurable backup time then it will be great and tension less and we can also monitor to my phone lot things
    I always feel the screen recording software should be inbuilt into my OS. It is always be handy to make a video and publish immediately on social sites. This feature is very used to for who do blogging, YouTube reviewers etc. Screen recording should be with the options like default, scheduled. This feature is very useful for security purpose also. It will record all navigation done by others in my phone if i am not there or even check later also.
    This feature is very much useful to see the all the operation performed by an user for a day or week or month or year.
    I like this feature very most. I supposed to get this feature in the new oxygen OS for my OnePlus 6T.

Hello friends,

Every day, we get hundreds of ideas for how to improve our devices. Much of this feedback gets picked up by our bug hunters or through surveys, making OxygenOS truly a software system that we’ve built together as a community. However due to sheer volume, some passionate ideas undoubtedly get overlooked. Perhaps you’ve posted a few suggestions yourself, convinced that these changes will create a better device experience.

But put to the test, would your idea survive the logical hoops of implementation? For those of you who’ve seen the show Shark Tank, you know what I’m getting at. If you have a dream feature you’d like to see implemented into OxygenOS, we hereby invite you to take on our Product Manager Challenge.

We’ve created a simplified version of the product pitch process that our product managers use every day. Submit a PRD (product requirements document) answering the following questions in a new thread (with #PMChallenge in the title) in the Tech section before February 22.

Who are the users?
    What is the proposed function?
    What is the user value?
    If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

Be sure to:
    -Explain the logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented
    -Include directions and details via diagram sketches. Draw each screen and show the flow from screen to screen.
    (See the design principles post if you’d like an example.)

We will use the following questions to scrutinize your pitch:
    From the Product department – does it contribute to a burdenless experience?
    From the developers - how will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature?
    From UX Design – what will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey?

@Gary C. and a few senior members of the software team will pick the best idea to implement into OxygenOS. We’ll announce the winning feature by mid-March and our software team will begin working on it right away. When the feature is ready, we’ll fly you out to a OnePlus launch event near you for a VIP experience so that you can proudly witness its launch in real life! You’ll also receive the device you helped build.

We look forward to your brilliant ideas! Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions.

Entries will be accepted in all languages and formats. Must be 18 and over to be eligible for the VIP launch experience. We may use your forum name in social media or promotions in association with your contest entry. Please click [HERE] to access the full Terms & Conditions.
    [/QUOTE]

2. JammedOnFIFA Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

JammedOnFIFA, Feb 11, 2019 :
    The 1 plus 6t was nearly a perfect phone with only a few flaws.
    *A good feature would be using the extra RAM in a way where the most used apps by a user are tracked and booted faster.Maybe a setting in which you can select your own preferred list of apps to be kept in memory.

3. Pratik_P_Patil Eclair Feb 11, 2019

Pratik_P_Patil, Feb 11, 2019 :
    SAR value of OP6T is bothering me. Is there any Buyback possible by OnePlus officially?
    I would want to return, if so.

4. Srikanth reddy123 Donut Feb 11, 2019

Srikanth reddy123, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Adding one more to your list

6) filter mode in camera

5. Achman Froyo Feb 11, 2019

Achman, Feb 11, 2019 :
    I couldn't have agreed with you less

bjarneh.pedersen likes this.
  6. amitfaye08 Donut Feb 11, 2019

amitfaye08, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Can you guys try to add stage light or stage mono feature (like in iphone) for Portrait photography?

I am pretty impressed with the kind of portraits clicked using this feature available in iphone and would like to see similar but more advanced feature from OnePlus team.

7. G_Vinayak_Sp_Ainp Froyo Feb 11, 2019

G_Vinayak_Sp_Ainp, Feb 11, 2019 :
    #PMchallenge

REDESIGNING GALLERY VIDEO INTERFACE
    re design d gallery interface for watching videos. which doesn't make us to use any 3rd party app.
    interface should should be kinda MX player or VLC with necessary gestures n some additional features like adding subtitles n choosing multiple language for a video or movie.

AUDIO PLAYER
    we seriously need a best of oll music player exactly like apple music. it would awesome.

QUICK SETTINGS PANEL
    anybody can turn on or off data hotspot location without unlocking d phone. this is to be fixed. make dem work only after unlocking..

ANIMOJI
    ANIMOJI would be fun.

Desktop mode
    desktop mode for smart TVs

google duplex
    introduce Google duplex this time. I'm waiting like hell.

inbuilt screen recorder

More themes.
    only dark n light is not at all enough.
    I'm not asking for mi n Samsung kinda theme app. which makes phone messy n shabby. atleast provide 4 to 5 decent themes.

Fonts
    different types of fonts option is also most needed.

NEW THEMES N FONTS GIVES D FEELING LIKE WE ARE USING NEW PHONE. EVERY TIME WE CHANGE THEM.

lock screen looks un attractive. so make d notifications of minimal size. so dat v can c d lock screen wallpaper fully.

make recent app interface looks like. d apps should be one after d other. like iPhone 10. with more fps . I'm not telling to copy. but it looks better than this. #iphonehater

GALLERY APP
    if v pinch d gallery screen. pics get smaller n v can c olll pics at once. but tapping on any pic doesn't open dat pic instead it zooms in dat too to not in tapped area. fix this. make d pic get open or d tapped area be get selected.

ONE PLUS RINGTONE
    yea v are having official OnePlus ringtone.
    but I want something special. like a signature sound. I get jealous when every iPhone users use d same ringtone just to show off they are using a iPhone. so y can't v..? even my OnePlus needs to get noticed by its unique ringtone.
    ringtones n notification tones must be upgraded with base effects especially notifications tones. which sounds great.

caller interface
    let it be as it is. making contact to look full screen looks. so cheap kinda odd. so don't do it. its decent now.

NOTIFICATIONS PANEL ICONS
    give some animation wen v turn on turn off any Icon. which looks cool.

screen lock gestures
    improve d screen lock gestures. d music gestures only works wen and music app is opened in my phone. let us to select any default music player. n let it turn on turn off using gestures even wen not opened in background.

thank you...! lots of love to ONE PLUS ❣️

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

Aniket_chile and floriaaan like this.
  8. bjarneh.pedersen Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

bjarneh.pedersen, Feb 11, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature
    Please add mine
    I would suggest this new feature.
    I would be very happy if it was possible to, decide what time at the day/night, that you will recive notification.
    Exampel: When me and my wife go to sleep, my wife getting angry of all my notification through the night, then I have to turn them all off, and the next day I have to turn on again, I always forget to turn them on, and see all my messages, "that's why"
    If I had the possibilty under settings, to set I don't want notification between 22 pm and 7 am, everybody is happy

9. G_Vinayak_Sp_Ainp Froyo Feb 11, 2019

G_Vinayak_Sp_Ainp, Feb 11, 2019 :
    it's already der. n it's do not disturb mode.
    u ll get in notification panel

10. bjarneh.pedersen Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

11. bjarneh.pedersen Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

12. bjarneh.pedersen Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

bjarneh.pedersen, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Go read your settings again!
    This feature, is not under settings, you can NOT decide the specific time, that you don't want notifications, you can only decide from who!

13. 8394RDS Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

8394RDS, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Please look at my thread in Starting Point: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/pmchallenge-most-recent-gesture.998749/ (Title: #PMChallenge Most Recent Gesture).
    Please shift the thread to the Tech Section.

Thanks!

14. bjarneh.pedersen Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

15. MarcoArt Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

16. ArcadiyKulchinskiy Froyo Feb 11, 2019

ArcadiyKulchinskiy, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Hello, why everytime I try to create a thread (to submit #PMChallenge), it says
    " OnePlus Community - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

17. S1549820631631 Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

S1549820631631, Feb 11, 2019 :
    hello sir,
    I am new here. I want to participate in the pmchallenge. But I could not understand "please create your thread in starting point". how to create a thread in the starting point? I hope you will help me.
    Thank you.

18. R1542006195449 Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

R1542006195449, Feb 11, 2019 :
    сделайте так чтобы когда брал телефон в руки телефон он включался, а то неудобно когда ты берешь в руки и нажимаешь на кнопку чтобы экран разблокировать

19. Himkshu Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

20. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 11, 2019

Shivang Joshi and dsmonteiro like this.