[ENTRIES CLOSED] #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

1. Satwik_rao
    Donut Feb 11, 2019

Satwik_rao , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Oxygen Os has been a great companion to me, but i found some specs i wanted/expected from OnePlus.
    1.(Assistant made by OnePlus?) why couldn't we make our own assistant, i feel google assistant boring and it offers nothing special like bixby and siri. I think OnePlus have enough technicians to work on the assistant. It would be great if you guys consider this point.
    2.(shelf on the homescreen) the shelf on left to the home screen should be updated, it looks outdated. it should be user friendly and provide news around the world and it should have some attractive design.
    3. (A Tracker to find my phone)The biggest problem is what OnePlus does when my phone is stolen.? you guys never had any trackers in your phones!
    my friend's new OnePlus6 was stolen and he regret buying.
    so you shouldn't probably disappoint the customers and keep tracker in our os.
    4. (Trash cleaner and task manager) users of OnePlus never had trash cleaners or a good interface to clear the background running apps, by creating a task manager we can also bring down the problem of battery draining which is a common problem for op6 and 6T users.
    5.spam message filter.
    6. (in built QR code scanner) apparently the google lens doesn't work all the time, so we need a QR scanner directly on the home screen for user-friendly interface.
    7. (motion control) Is motion control possible? , I think it may drain the battery a little but it is a great feature we needed in the oxygen os.
    8.(messaging app) OnePlus should update the messaging app, it looks quite outdated and it is not user-friendly as Messenger and WhatsApp.
    9.(App menu) The app menu is currently in the vertical scroll now. I love horizontal scroll for the app menu. I think OnePlus should provide the chance to choose between the two types.
    10.(Quick settings menu) . OnePlus should not allow the users to access the quick settings while the phone is in locked state. while others were using my phone when it is still locked, the had the chance to turn of my mobile data and location services, etc... so you shouldn't allow us access the quick settings from the locked state.

These were my opinions on the new features/ improvisations on the upcoming oxygen os.

RavensMinded0012 and GuiBif like this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 11, 2019

dsmonteiro , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Far better than I anticipated, to be honest!

Shivang Joshi and FlixbusLennart like this.
  3. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 11, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Feb 11, 2019 :
    In quality as well as quantity

dsmonteiro and Shivang Joshi like this.
  4. reeehman
    Eclair Feb 11, 2019

reeehman , Feb 11, 2019 :
    A built-in FM Player and receiver will be an awesome add-on.
    Built in IR remote control.
    Built in barcode scanner.
    Built in Image to PDF converter.
    Built in Image to Text (Extract text from image)
    Built in Image Editor.

RavensMinded0012 and GuiBif like this.
  5. Xealz
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

Xealz , Feb 11, 2019 :
    I'd like a "Personal Customization" As such: Move things around in the settings menu and change colors in the ui's.

6. Yanne057
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

Yanne057 , Feb 11, 2019 :
    #PMChallange - Design OnePlus's next OxygenOS Feature

I would be very happy if I will see my ideas in the next OxygenOS update.

1) What should I do if someone SEE my HIDDEN-AREA?
    Make the hidden-area with passwort protection real hidden because every person can go to my hidden-area, if he knows how it works.
    2) What should I do if I want to scan a QR-Code(Google Lens is a QR-Scanner but I have to unlock my phone for this)?
    Build a QR-Scanner in the normal Camera cause we have to download a QR-Scanner App if we want to scan a QR-Code and it would help me very much(I think also other Persons).
    3) What should I do if my phone gets lost or gets stolen?
    A tracker to find our phone cause if we lose it or if it get stolen we can't find it and I think some people's won't buy a OnePlus phone anymore if they can't track it.
    This will help all of us.
    4) The quick settings menu should only be able to open when the phone is unlocked cause if i give the phone to my friend he could change everything in the quick settings menu.
    5) The app menu should also be able to use in the vertical scroll cause some of us want to use it lovelyer in the vertical scroll, so my idea behind this is that we can chose which one we want to use (between vertical or horizontal).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

7. rensheemskerk
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

rensheemskerk , Feb 11, 2019 :
    you should add a function to switch between audio tuner settings easily, and make you own presets

8. R1542927967558
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

R1542927967558 , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Hi,

That would be great if I could customize the apps to which folder have access right and wouldn't be necessary to give access to every folder just for what they use.
    This would improve security.

Regards,
    Szabolcs

9. Shubham_Sharma007
    Donut Feb 11, 2019

10. N1547833135177
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

N1547833135177 , Feb 11, 2019 :
    I'd like a software as the other smartphone's maker (e.g. Huawei) to make backups without having to save a huge file on the Phone's storage but directly on the pc. Thank you.
    P.S.: the 6T works Great!!

11. mohdakram88
    Donut Feb 11, 2019

12. mohdakram88
    Donut Feb 11, 2019

13. mohdakram88
    Donut Feb 11, 2019

14. mohdakram88
    Donut Feb 11, 2019

15. mohdakram88
    Donut Feb 11, 2019

16. I1508948810653
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

I1508948810653 , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Hii I request you to make one update which I feel is very important. The update is like that any person should not be able to SWITCH OFF the phone when it is LOCKED. The reason behind iso if someone's phone get stolen then in that case there are chances that the phone can be tracked till the power is ON. And if in any case the person who is the owner of the phone gets in trouble then instead of turning phone off and on in lock there should be a option to restart the phone. This is a personal experience I am sharing because I felt same problem a few days ago. THANK YOU.

GuiBif and G_Vinayak_Sp_Ainp like this.
  17. Billy_Lapuos
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

Billy_Lapuos , Feb 11, 2019 :
    1549912178252.jpg
    swiping down would bring out the notifications only
    1549912178294.jpg
    Swiping from the corners would bring out the quick menu
    1549912225329.jpg
    swiping up would expand the dock with frequently used apps/customizable
    1549912178185.jpg
    swiping one more time would bring out the app drawer