[ENTRIES CLOSED] #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

1. P1544876173746 Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

2. RavensMinded0012 Donut Feb 11, 2019

X1541814719985 likes this.
  3. RavensMinded0012 Donut Feb 11, 2019

RavensMinded0012, Feb 11, 2019 :
    I would love to participate with the contest but looks like that wont be possible because I started my account too late. Bummer...

X1541814719985 likes this.
  4. X1541814719985 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

X1541814719985, Feb 12, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge – OxygenOS Design Feature: Bluetooth Tuner Profiles per connected device

1) Who are the users?
    Any user that utilizes Bluetooth connectivity to multiple devices for use of audio playback.

2) What is the proposed solution?
    Provide users the ability to create multiple user specific “Audio Tuner” profiles per each connected device. Each device a phone might connect to has different abilities of handling, Low’s, Mid’s or High’s. This will allow the user to preemptively set a devices specific audio profile based on the device they are connecting to, and the media of their choosing and saving those profiles for whenever connection is made.

3) What is the user value?
    Users can create specific audio profiles, one time, that will be their base audio profile any time / every time they connect to that specific device.

For example, a user might have two or more devices in their house they use for different content. In this example, a user could connect to one specific TV for cinema play. They then might have a sound bar in one part of the house they use for music and a device like Google Home in their kitchen where they also utilize for music but obviously the hardware has its specific audio limitations.

The user could then leave their house and connect to their car, with its own specific audio profile and then get to work or gym where they connect to their Bluetooth headphones with its specific profile. Thus always having the "right" sound for every device without needing to fumble between apps and the stock "Audio Tuner" to get the best sound.

This proposed solution allows a user to tune their content for each device to utilize it to its highest capabilities / users’ specific preferences without the hindrance of constantly changing equalizer settings through one form or another.

4) Is there existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    The beauty of this feature is OxygenOS already has this function integrated into its OS under “Settings -> Sound -> Audio Tuner”. The change would be implementing audio profiles for individual devices. I feel the offering of device specific audio tuning would best be utilized under “Settings -> Bluetooth & device connection” as illustrated in the following mock-up picture.

Screenshot_20190205-125410.jpg

5. H1529909849744 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

H1529909849744, Feb 12, 2019 :
    1)Amoled theme would be Aprreciated since it would use the good display of the oneplus 6 to its peak
    Like the new redesign of oxygen os and would stick to it forever.. (P. s:- just tried RR rom and not a day...... i was already back to oos)
    love you'll 1+ team

6. Kapil_Rao_khediya Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

7. j.bahrudeen Froyo Feb 12, 2019

j.bahrudeen, Feb 12, 2019 :
    better your is be like blackberry old OS so the users data will never be stolen by anyone.
    1.network optimisation is very important, so the battery will never be drain fast.
    2. makes concentration on network stability,

8. sanjumanit Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

sanjumanit, Feb 12, 2019 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...duled-for-security-and-other-purposes.998538/

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...duled-for-security-and-other-purposes.998538/

9. OnePlusTejasred Eclair Feb 12, 2019

10. Balaji_Veeravalli Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

11. Habeeb_Sharu_ Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

12. Habeeb_Sharu_ Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Habeeb_Sharu_, Feb 12, 2019 :
    need one plus nice ringing tune, compared to other phone opneplus didn't not have nice ringing tune

13. Avish_parmar_2604 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Avish_parmar_2604, Feb 12, 2019 :
    We should put DOLBY audio in our system and also SCREEN RECORDING, these both can help a lot to the user experience and might be a great step too!!!

14. F_Adithya_Bhat_Chanila_N Donut Feb 12, 2019

F_Adithya_Bhat_Chanila_N, Feb 12, 2019 :

M_Luqmaan_Auhammad

I have hydrogen Os so if i may still suggest something, I'd totally recommend Oneplus to add It's own Music Player in the OS. Who doesn't listen to music? Not everyone streams music. Also, can Oneplus include this feature where you get to see how much time you spend per app? That'd be so great and very helpful with personal time management.​

Thank you sir this i was telling from a year ago now someone putup so m soo hapoy

Avish_parmar_2604 likes this.
  15. F_Adithya_Bhat_Chanila_N Donut Feb 12, 2019

F_Adithya_Bhat_Chanila_N, Feb 12, 2019 :
    I prefer the one plus users should feel entirely 1.new ui interface and customization the other manifacturers should see this ui and they should start copying our user interface.(Like how iphone users are with their own iser interface same way)
    2.Night mode should improve the present night mood if slight shaky is there then the photo's are horrible same thing in front and back camera also
    3.There own music player and it should be free ifand it should have both the streaming facility and also the offline mode (Like how joi saavan is there same way )
    4.Bring up some changes in the home screen even thought its stock andriod we should feel like one plus is something different than the normal andriod phones that is everyone wanted to see and they should feel that their phone is unique than the others phone

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

16. thevjkriplani Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

thevjkriplani, Feb 12, 2019 :
    How about a dedicated app for creative people of OnePlus community to use a stylus to draw and create marvels!

17. Shandro_Broeksma Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

18. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Feb 12, 2019

Ruby G., Feb 12, 2019 :
    Hey Shandro, check out this message that was pinned on the first page.

19. Shandro_Broeksma Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Shandro_Broeksma, Feb 12, 2019 :
    Thank you for your quick reply! I was wondered, because I already posted my thread with a PDF file in the Starting Point section. The only thing is that I did not get feedback on the thread, so I do not know if it was posted rightly or not.

20. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 12, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 12, 2019 :
    Just checked, it was already moved to Tech category. I'll add it to my list thread today.