[ENTRIES CLOSED] #PMChallenge – Design our next OxygenOS Feature

1. nithishv Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

nithishv, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Make some changes in camera regarding HDR+ and different lighting modes of capturing..

2. akash.vavadia Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

akash.vavadia, Feb 19, 2019 :
    I found that bottom navigation bar must have an opacity of less than 50% and that part of the screen must be utilized for display purpose too. Like we get full screen to use in navigation gestures.

3. Raghav 678 Eclair Feb 19, 2019

akash.vavadia likes this.
  4. akash.vavadia Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

akash.vavadia, Feb 19, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge

OnePlus should have its own keyboard inbuilt. I have use iPhone and Samsung devices which have its own keyboard (Samsung's inbuilt keyboard is just awesome). Gboard is good option but it is not as good as other brand provide.

Raghav 678 likes this.
  5. Raghav 678 Eclair Feb 19, 2019

RajinduD likes this.
  6. P1527361100672 Donut Feb 19, 2019

P1527361100672, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Onehandmode will be a great feature, there should be option for dynamic display settings, more battery optimization for long lasting battery, pixel icons and design

7. theibrarhussain Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

theibrarhussain, Feb 19, 2019 :
    1*Double Screen LiKe Nokia For Very Advance Multitasking

2*Screen Recorder

3* Dolby Atmos Sound or 7.1 Dolby Surround Like Sound For Sound Lovers

8. xezres_Ashish Froyo Feb 19, 2019

9. Y1540002452725 Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

Y1540002452725, Feb 19, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Can we get the Google feeds or Google cards except shelf when we swipe left from the home screen!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019

10. komixboy Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

komixboy, Feb 19, 2019 :
    I just got my Oneplus and I would really like to see in the next OOS
    1. Group apps in app menu
    2. Speed dial by pressing a number for 2sec in the dial menu that correspond to a specific phone number
    3. Better use of the speakers (higher volume in the upper speaker) or control of the speakers
    Thanks for listening

11. mario1967 Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

mario1967, Feb 19, 2019 :
    If possible i like three function: an app like "Gesture search" from Google (it is no more developed) to search contacts with handwriting recognition, a function like "Volume slider" to increase e decrease volume by slide on a side of the screen and last but not least the possibility to choose the wifi network to connect from the quick setting dropdown. Thank a lot in advance!!! Have a good work!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019

12. F1550573112213 Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

F1550573112213, Feb 19, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Design our next OxygenOS Feature

I am asking Oneplus to provide an option to identify duplicate images and delete it from the gallery, we tend to receive and download images from various sources and en up having multiple copies of the same images in our Phone storage, It would be an awesome addition to have a search option within gallery for duplicate images from different folders of Gallery and delete them with ease. saves Space and Time for the Users. This would be an amazing addition for all those users who are used to taking multiple pics of the same product or person etc.

Who are the Users?
    All the users can benefit, especially the ones who use the camera feature more often, plus the people who use to shoot videos or images using their phone for their page,channel etc.

What is the proposed Function?
    Option to search duplicate images from Whatsapp groups, or camera folders or any other folders from Gallery, helps manage the space and time better.

What is the user value?
    Saves space for those users with less gb of internal memory, helps save time from looking manually and deleting the images from different folders, helps manage the cloud space better etc.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    I have not come across this feature in any of the smartphone as of yet, so i believe this is not in any smartphone, that make Oneplus to be the first one

RajinduD likes this.
  13. F1550573112213 Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

F1550573112213, Feb 19, 2019 :
    #PMChallenge - Design our next OxygenOS Feature

I am asking Oneplus to provide an option to identify duplicate images and delete it from the gallery, we tend to receive and download images from various sources and en up having multiple copies of the same images in our Phone storage, It would be an awesome addition to have a search option within gallery for duplicate images from different folders of Gallery and delete them with ease. saves Space and Time for the Users. This would be an amazing addition for all those users who are used to taking multiple pics of the same product or person etc.

Who are the Users?
    All the users can benefit, especially the ones who use the camera feature more often, plus the people who use to shoot videos or images using their phone for their page,channel etc.

What is the proposed Function?
    Option to search duplicate images from Whatsapp groups, or camera folders or any other folders from Gallery, helps manage the space and time better.

What is the user value?
    Saves space for those users with less gb of internal memory, helps save time from looking manually and deleting the images from different folders, helps manage the cloud space better etc.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    I have not come across this feature in any of the smartphone as of yet, so i believe this is not in any smartphone, that make Oneplus to be the first one with this feature.

14. mahyunk Froyo Feb 19, 2019

mahyunk, Feb 19, 2019 :
    To all the members who are genuinely interested in entering the contest:
    Do not flood this thread with your ideas
    Please follow these instructions:
    Go to starting point > create a thread for your idea > Starting point experts will move your thread to tech section.
    If your ideas qualify you'll make it to the list.
    Posting here won't help
    Follow instructions.

15. oneaj Eclair Feb 19, 2019

oneaj, Feb 19, 2019 :
    All features are self explanatory:-
    Theme Engine
    Launcher gestures
    Fingerprint gestures
    More customisations
    960 fps
    HD screen shot
    Screen recorder
    Gcam based app
    Reduce OS memory
    Dolby Atmos
    Screen symmetry
    Always on display
    Caffeine
    Pixel binning
    Super bright mod
    Cinematic effects

16. nnmeena82 Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

17. nnmeena82 Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

18. Ashes79 Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

19. amosadegh Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

amosadegh, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Hi,

We definitely could do with some OnePlus apps and have some of the current apps upgraded.

- The weather app is very primitive, also you can't see the weather in screen lock, should be able to see some basic weather info in screen lock.

- OnePlus Music app, this will be good.

- The volume buttons mainly dedicated to speaker and in order to change any other volume (ring or alarm) you have to go to settings, which is not quick. There should be a quicker way to do this.

- We should be able to backup text messages (SMS) and call list. Also any other useful system or app backups.

- The notification strip shows two alarm clock icon, one to show an upcoming alarm, one to show that an alarm has been set. Not sure if both are necessary.

- Many times different apps freeze (Instagram, Facebook).

- Many times the phone doesn't wake by either double tapping the screen to turn the screen on or pressing the power button. So have to press the power button repeatedly.

- Camera low light and night shot are poor quality. Photo quality is not available in setting.

- Dual photo capture using both front and rear camera at the same time.

Thanks
    Sami

20. csrcsr07 Marshmallow Feb 19, 2019