Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamhaven
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 7, 2014

tyler539 likes this.
  2. setzer715
    Froyo Oct 7, 2014

setzer715 , Oct 7, 2014 :
    Horseshit, 100% horseshit!!! This is not a development ROM, this is not something that someone decided to make for the phone out of the kindness of their heart. This is THE ROM that comes with the phone. I BOUGHT this phone and ROM. Therefore demands on ETA's are 100% warranted. Just like it if were a Samsung, we would demand update ETAs.

Common CM team, get your shit together. This isn't a nightly that you can update for a ******* year and then MAYBE release a stable version, you obligated yourself to update the device when you said yes to putting your ROM on the phone as the ship ROM.

3. 2+2=5

4. 2+2=5

2+2=5 , Oct 7, 2014 :
    This is not a custom ROM though, but the stock ROM and CM doesn't do this for free like CyanogenMods for other devices. They have now created the company Cyanogen Inc. and are paid by OnePlus to make and maintain their stock ROM.

tyler539 and on epl usone30 like this.
  5. kvbr$w!Q0u9Xk12l
    Donut Oct 7, 2014

kvbr$w!Q0u9Xk12l , Oct 7, 2014 :
    i'm not allowed to make a new thread, sigh.

i just got an invite and the information is ambiguous, the email says "The invite will expire 24 hours from when we sent this email, not necessarily when you received it, please claim it as soon as possible as expired invites are not re-activated."

however, when one clicks through to "claim" it says: "Once you claim this invite a unit will be reserved for you for 1 day(s)."

the email was sent to me 3 hours ago, so do I wait till 24 hours from the email , click "claim" then I'll have Another 24 hours?

I need a little time to figure out, why I want to buy this phone, now that I know I can, sigh ....

6. 2+2=5

2+2=5 , Oct 7, 2014 :
    Yes, but the only problem is you don't know exactly when they sent the email, and there's not way to see exactly when it expires, so don't wait a full 24 hours to claim it.
    But once succesfully claimed you get a new 24 hour period to purchase it.

7. marcojoao90

8. spoocky68
    Donut Oct 7, 2014

spoocky68 , Oct 7, 2014 :
    And what damm is ETA? Before a lot of time waiting for an invitación, I just buy a OPO and i started read about a lot of problems with screen, and ETA, and fix problems, and cyanogenmod is not doing anythig to solve this... In fact, is OPO a good gadget, at last? Or do i have a mistake buying this phone?

Edit: excuse my poor english level, and excuse me if this is not the correct feed for than questions.

9. carboncopied

10. kvbr$w!Q0u9Xk12l
    Donut Oct 7, 2014

how does cyanogenmod allow you to control your data sharing the app's use, i'm security conscious, and this has stopped me for using a mobile phone for many things, as all the apps, share data, and trackers, can't be disabled, like in a browser with noscript and ghostery.

though, its running cyanogenmod, will it upgrade to newer Android OS "L" ? is the phone considered unlocked and "rooted" ?

11. dcmcc24
    KitKat Oct 7, 2014

dcmcc24 , Oct 7, 2014 :
    It has Privacy Guard which allows you to block app permissions on a per app basis. Android L was promised to be released within 3 months of official L release. The phone is unlocked in the sense that you can run it on any gsm provider. The bootloader is locked though, so you need to do a simple unlock for it and also it does not come rooted from the factory. You have to unlock the bootloader and then root.

12. 1+1=0
    Honeycomb Oct 7, 2014

1+1=0 , Oct 7, 2014 :
    After the Chinese New Year :)))

13. ThereThatGuy
    Honeycomb Oct 7, 2014

14. dwong

dwong , Oct 7, 2014 :
    well, it have been "next week" since mid of September, not sure if it'll change to "this week" anytime soon

1+1=0 likes this.
  15. kvbr$w!Q0u9Xk12l
    Donut Oct 7, 2014

how does privacy guard work differently than stock android Kitkat or whatever L will do ?

is the phone upgradable to Android L ?

would rooting that phone give me more ability to secure the phone from tracking and data harvesting, etc?

16. patboy
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2014

17. kvbr$w!Q0u9Xk12l
    Donut Oct 7, 2014

18. areyesrn

19. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 7, 2014

rwoods716 , Oct 7, 2014 :
    They actually made a forum post about a month in a half ago now that it would be coming in a week. When I got my OPO, the multitouch didn't work so I went to customer service. After waiting on line for two weeks (yes, that's how long customer service takes with OP), they responded and told me to simply deal with it because the next update would come in a month or two. That was about four days after they posted it on the forums that it would be here in a week. Welcome to the wonderful world of OnePlus.

tnom and 2+2=5 like this.
  20. eijom
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2014