[EU] Behind the Scenes: OnePlus 7T Series Launch Event

1. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Oct 1, 2019

Trista W. , Oct 1, 2019 :
    WINATRIP.png

Hello everyone,

The EU launch event is already around the corner, have you already started packing? @dsmonteiro and I are really excited to meet you all there, so don't forget to drop us a message if you're up for a quick meet-up. In the following days, we will keep updating how everything is going and how everyone is geared up for the grand gathering and reveal.

Joining us, our 'Win-a-Trip-to-London' community winners @Overzee and @cdnfarmer will also share their adventurous experiences here. Feel free to cast them some interesting questions might get answered by @Pete during their VIP lunch.

For those who will attend the launch event, share your feelings and joy in the comments section below. You shouldn't miss the chance to grab a drink and share experiences with your fellow community members who may be queueing beside you.:D

Enjoy!

woSch, jlasensiofi, DavideG. and 50 others like this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Oct 8, 2019

Stickied Post

3. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Oct 9, 2019

Stickied Post

4. Moin2200
    KitKat Oct 1, 2019

Moin2200 , Oct 1, 2019 :
    Congratulations to @Overzee and @cdnfarmer! I hope you guys will have a great time and share your experiences with the rest of us. :)

Can't help but be a bit disappointed :( but i still believe the right people were chosen. :cool:

I'll be watching the keynote with the European launch team and keeping an eye on your guys experiences.

Have a safe trip and once again congrats!

5. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 1, 2019

6. Starcommander
    KitKat Oct 1, 2019

Bouncer71, manuel19, YRJ and 6 others like this.
  7. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2019

Bouncer71, manuel19, YRJ and 7 others like this.
  8. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2019

cdnfarmer , Oct 1, 2019 :
    Thank you for this great opportunity! Look forward to seeing you there.

See you in London (~8000km away).
    Congrats @Overzee . See you in London.
    Thank you. Congratulations to everyone who applied. There are so many great people in this community. Though work for those you had to select.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019

9. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 1, 2019

10. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2019

thanks. See you next week. Congratulations to you too.

:D. I'll try not to be horsing around too much. :p:D

thank you for your kind words @Impersonal . Feel free to ask me questions.. I'll answer as I can

11. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 1, 2019 :
    I as most people here, already know you're AWESOME , I also know OP is actively trying to encourage others users, to engage with the community, and your presence here is special and always positive, someone friendly and genuine, someone who proved themselves in time... for lack of a better expresion "a good example" and that is something powerful.
    Have a great time at the event!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019

12. hennes
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2019

13. otto2
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2019

otto2 , Oct 1, 2019 :
    Great, so hope fully we will meet in London. Congratulations

14. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2019

Thanks. That would be great Otto. Look forward to it. When you have your travel confirmed, let me know... Maybe we can go on a photowalk. ;)

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Oct 2, 2019

16. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2019

cdnfarmer , Oct 2, 2019 :
    Vielen danke H.

thank you so much.

I'm looking forward to it... Need to make more room on my phone so I can go take plenty of pictures of London the launch etc And post them here.

17. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Oct 2, 2019

G_plusone , Oct 2, 2019 :
    :)
    Storage problems Everywhere:D

18. otto2
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2019

otto2 , Oct 2, 2019 :
    I ll arrive in London at 10.10. early in the morning, departing on saturday, early in the morning. Photowalk is a good idea, at the OP7Pro Launch event we made a photowalk with some Mods, it was a great experience. I ll DM you my contact details this afternoon.

19. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Oct 2, 2019

Cheetosdust , Oct 2, 2019 :
    Many congratulations @Overzee and @cdnfarmer, really cool to see you winning!

Have a safe flight getting there (and back home) and the time of your lives while you're in London.

Can't wait to see your reporting from the trip and the event. :cool:

20. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2019

cdnfarmer , Oct 3, 2019 :
    yes.

thank you Cheetos. I sure will try. Will you be making the trek to London? Have you been? If so what would you recommend seeing as a first timer to the place?

As per Trista comments, here are some of my first impressions about the whole thing. So here we go: Just a week away, I am so excited about this opportunity. Thank you OnePlus. It felt like I was floating on cloud 9 or 7 (depending on area ) then realities of the real world (unrelated things) sets in. However, when I think about it in 4 days, I should be London bound. And this makes me :). See you guys later.

21. hennes
    Lollipop Oct 3, 2019

22. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Oct 3, 2019

Cheetosdust , Oct 3, 2019 :
    Hello :)

I'm not, no. I would love to meet you all, but maybe another time.

And I never visited the UK as I don't really trust countries where you drive on the wrong side of the road ;)

However, I know someone that can really help you. @superplus, the cornundrum robot itself, knows the city, I believe. So I'm sure she has a lot of great suggestions for you. Plus: she can write two sentences without making 327 bad jokes and that helps when getting information about a new city. :p

I'm genuinely happy for you! :)

Four days to go, huh? You'll be on cloud 312 by then. Because the plane and the altitude.. you'll be flying above the clouds... see? This is why @superplus will be able to help you! :p