[EU] Behind the Scenes: OnePlus 7T Series Launch Event

1. puccellino
    KitKat Oct 21, 2019

puccellino , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Absolutely superb @Bouncer71.

Your shots are even better than the ones you posted at the time of the 7 pro launch. You are obviously fully aware of all the phones capabilities now. :cool:

I'm very impressed by the night pic, but I also love the stained glass. I took a course in making it many years ago, and im always in awe of medieval craftsmanship. I was trying to find the parable the window depicts, but couldn't find it, l
    presume the picture you posted is the medieval east east. @script ....perhaps you know the story depicted? :)

I read also there is a very modern new stained glass window which was created in 2007.

Anyone take any pics of that?

otto2, woSch, Bouncer71 and 1 other person like this.
  2. script
    Nougat Moderator Oct 21, 2019

script , Oct 21, 2019 :
    I'm sorry, i don't know anything about that window story. It's in the entrance of the Dom.

The modern window by Gerhard Richter https://images.app.goo.gl/bhAju5zBfFA9Azsr6 is in a part in the back of the cathedral, and that part was closed at that day, it was Sunday and open only to people who visited the mass.

I have taken pictures of it at another visit, maybe I post them when I find them.

Here's another older pic, taken with the op3T and snapseed'd

IMG_20171027_175416-01.jpeg

TibiTibi, otto2, cdnfarmer and 3 others like this.
  3. puccellino
    KitKat Oct 21, 2019

puccellino , Oct 21, 2019 :
    HV
    Yes, that would be nice......but no rush. Ive seen some pics on the internet......its supposed to be a pixelated window...... I'd love to know what the light inside is like, and if they use modern bright colours.

Edit:- Found a link describing the windows

http://keepcalmandwander.com/stained-glass-windows-inside-cologne-cathedral-germany-travel/

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019

otto2, cdnfarmer, woSch and 2 others like this.
  4. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Oct 22, 2019

Bouncer71 , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Thanks a ton... :D

Yes, with time you get to know the good and the bad...
    No nightmode can beat a long exposure on a tripod till now...;)

At the time with the prototype I wanted show what the device can do straight out of the box, so all those pictures were unedited and uncropped...

These here got touched a little with Lightroom... ;)

Making stained glass sounds like much fun...
    Did you make one with your own parable... ?

I always found it fascinating that at the time when most people couldn't read, those windows and other forms of picture story telling, were a source to understand the world around them or what happened in a battle, etc...

otto2, puccellino, cdnfarmer and 2 others like this.
  5. woSch
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2019

woSch , Oct 22, 2019 :
    this one is especially about the 'Richter-Window' [eng/d]:
    https://www.koelner-dom.de/index.php?id=19151&L=1
    https://www.koelner-dom.de/index.php?id=19151
    in addition to that, G. Richter had analysed all the colours of the other Windows and 'reduced' these to 72 colours so that the impression of the 'light points' looks alike

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019

Bouncer71, otto2, puccellino and 2 others like this.
  6. puccellino
    KitKat Oct 23, 2019

puccellino , Oct 23, 2019 :
    @woSch

Thanks for that, its exactly what I was looking for. Its actually very detailed and gives lots of information about all the windows.

@Bouncer71,

Yes, making stained glass is very rewarding, and I realise how good the craftsmen were. Old hand blown glass is so interesting, the way its made, the chemicals used to induce the colour, the way its heated and cooled, all affect the look, texture and maleability of the glass. Pieces near the edges of the sheet are more brittle and fracture more rather than following the prescibed groove you have etched. So breakage and wastage is more there.

It is only when you start making something you appreciate the complexity involved and skill of the craftsman.....but that is true for most things in life. Creating different colours for the glass in the 12th century when the first of those windows were made must have been cutting edge science. You'll notice the very old windows have only three or four colours, and the hue of colours used increase with time. It could be seen clearly in the link @woSch sent.

Anyway, I only made a few pieces, all geometric as it was for the house, im pretty sure there is some left over pieces of glass, in the shed, perhaps I will try again when I have some free time.

Thanks for sharing the picture and inducing long forgotten memories.

cdnfarmer, script, Bouncer71 and 2 others like this.
  7. puccellino
    KitKat Oct 23, 2019

puccellino , Oct 23, 2019 :
    An instagram of its time!
    :p:p:p

cdnfarmer, woSch, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  8. woSch
    Marshmallow Oct 23, 2019

woSch , Oct 23, 2019 :
    many years ago...;)... I was in a group with other children at a museum in Bonn/Germany where we learned a lot about history/art/... at that time I made this:
    IMG_20191023_164127.jpg
    when we studied the time of 'gothic'

and we did a lot of other things :)
    IMG_20191023_165610.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019

otto2, Bouncer71, cdnfarmer and 3 others like this.
  9. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2019

cdnfarmer , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Defintely, breakfast is an important if not the most Important meal of the day;)

It was definitely great meeting and hanging with you! Glad that you made it, enjoyed Seeing the McLaren and you had a good breakfast and we all got to go on a photowalk.

As told to many here including @YRJ and my winning buddy @Overzee , when more pictures are added the summary post will have updated links. The newly added pictures are of the Dome and architecture and found in the travel blog.

After being in London, I extended my trip and went to Germany where I met amazing people and awesome photographers. More pictures of the gathering and further travels in Europe will be added in the near future.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019

10. YRJ
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2019

YRJ , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Thanks for the tag @cdnfarmer
    Great pictures as always. As it is very clear from the pictures, Y'all had a lot of fun. I envy it :p

otto2 and cdnfarmer like this.
  11. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2019

cdnfarmer , Oct 30, 2019 :
    It definitely was awesome. Wanna join us next time? I was going to just say " join us next time. It's worth the trip "

otto2, Bouncer71 and YRJ like this.
  12. YRJ
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2019

YRJ , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Surely. I'd love to. Hopefully next time :)

otto2, Bouncer71 and cdnfarmer like this.
  13. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2019

otto2 and YRJ like this.
  14. otto2
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2019

otto2 , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Would be great to meet you and other community members in real live. Had several meet up s here in germany and also one in poland, it was always a great experience and we had lots of fun.

Wackencorpse and YRJ like this.
  15. YRJ
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2019

YRJ , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Certainly @otto2 I would love to meet the German community and you shutterbugs in particular :)
    Let's see when that happens :p

otto2 likes this.