[EU] OnePlus Pop-up is going online for the OnePlus 8 Series

1. Tuomas L.
    Head of Strategy, OnePlus Europe Staff Member Apr 6, 2020

Tuomas L. , Apr 6, 2020 :
    pop-up FORUM_EN (1).png

Hey everyone!

My name is Tuomas, and I've been Never Settling now for over 3 years at OnePlus, as a part of the Europe team. I've been following the smartphone evolution for almost two decades and even today I get excited about the launch of every new smartphone from OnePlus. I can't wait to hear what you think of our new devices!

Since the very start, OnePlus has always been about the community. We started as a young, scrappy start-up with big dreams to enter the tech industry with a flagship killer. We opened the forums to hang out with our core community, started a Beta program, launched The Lab and listened to feedback during Open Ears Forums. Now 6 years later, we are close to launching our latest devices, the OnePlus 8 Series. Some of the most exciting things we do whenever launch a new device, are our pop-ups. Our pop-ups are a OnePlus tradition, where we give our community the chance to get their hands on the latest OnePlus devices first, and get some exclusive goodies too.

My personal favourite pop-up memory is from the OnePlus 5 launch, when I flew to Oulu (Finland) for our most northern pop-up ever. We hosted 100 people indoors, while in Helsinki 300 queueing people were caught in a sudden rain shower. Our team emptied out all nearby stores, purchasing all the raincoats and umbrellas to help keep our community dry while they waited for their turn. It showed the resilience and strength of our community, and how dedicated the OnePlus family is.

This year, with the global situation, your health and safety come first. We're creating a special online pop-up experience, for those in the EU, you’ll be able to enjoy from the comfort of your own home. It will start after our keynote livestream ends on April 14. I can’t reveal too much right now, but check our social channels this week for some exciting teasers. Be sure to watch the keynote, and stick around for some exclusive content.

The OnePlus team and I can’t wait to bring you an exciting online pop-up on April 14, after the keynote. Tell us below what your favourite pop-up memory is!

Never Settle,

Tuomas

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 14, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Our Pop-up box is limited and can be purchased on a first-come first-serve basis, just like in our offline pop-ups. The original stock quickly sold out, but we’ve reserved a few invite codes for these boxes, so please go check out our social media channels from the 15th of April to get one of them. If you are not keen to wait that long, you can pre-order right now the OnePlus 8 Pro HERE and the OnePlus 8 HERE until the 20th of April.

For those pre-ordering, we're sweetening the deal by including free express shipping with every OnePlus 8 purchase. For those getting the OnePlus 8 Pro, you also enter a lucky draw for a Wireless Charger.

mojoyoyo77 likes this.
  3. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 6, 2020

Moin2200 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update on pop-ups Tuomas!

In Denmark we have a golden ticket 🎫 you can buy and use it to get a special popup oneplus 8 package that you can pick up after the online event.

Which I think is a great idea for those fans who don't want to wait.
    I'm picking up my ticket on Wednesday.

4. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2020

GuitarHero0179 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Very interested to see what you come up with as it's definitely a challenge to recreate a popup online. Excited for the Oneplus 8 as my 5 could use a replacement :)

5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Thank you for the update, Tuomas.

Honestly, this was expected at this point and it's the correct thing to do. I can imagine it wasn't easy, but I'm sure everyone is going to understand.

I can't wait for the livestream and to experience the "special online pop-up experience". As someone from Portugal, this will be the first "pop-up" I'll attend. :p

Hope everyone is healthy and safe. All the best for the livestream and the online pop-up experience. :cool:

6. Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Apr 6, 2020 :
    "Our team emptied out all nearby stores, purchasing all the raincoats and umbrellas to help keep our community dry while they waited for their turn. "
    This line melted me 🥺
    Mad respect you guys have from the community and for the community.
    Hope this kinda pop-up happens in India too.

7. manuel19
    KitKat Apr 6, 2020

manuel19 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Was about to say that as well! That's just so nice 🥺

8. _Alexander K_ , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 6, 2020 :
    my favourite pop up memory is when I went to the 6t pop-up I can e in an I bought a 6t but you unfortunately you didn't have any merch but OnePlus have me some stickers that I was very happy with. because I had a 6 cap and OnePlus bag you gave m some red bullets wireless. I was soo happy. I thank you so much for it [e]2764[/e]️[e]1f499[/e]

Bouncer71, jlasensiofi and manuel19 like this.
  9. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2020

Gav_W86 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Not exactly 'favourite' - but I remember the 5 one in London where you went back down the line, round a corner, round another corner, round another corner, to get to the end. Got wicked sunburn on the back of my neck. But cold beer and phone and some merch at the end made it good.

10. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Is there any thing special for London pop up? Hearing about other countries like Germany with special pre order boxes and Finland golden ticket etc?

11. Indyjones89
    Eclair Apr 6, 2020

Indyjones89 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Good job , we'll see , i have a 7 pro , if the 8 series will be very interesting , i change my phone

12. mokolad
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2020

mokolad , Apr 6, 2020 :
    I've never been to a pop-up event before, as there's never been one near me, so this will be the first.

13. ilpolpi65
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2020

ilpolpi65 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    My favorite pop-up that I've been to so far was the one in Milan for the launch of the OnePlus 2.

I will enjoy watching the 8th one.
    Stay safe!
    Paolo

Cheetosdust and superplus like this.
  14. maccamania
    KitKat Moderator Apr 6, 2020

maccamania , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Pop ups are really among the most beautiful events of all OnePlus initiatives, it is very sad to have to give up meeting many wonderful people in person with whom to share the experience of the new models. Unfortunately, the only possible decision is to cancel the offline events, but surely the online one will still be very nice!

15. Deactivated User
    Apr 6, 2020

Bouncer71 likes this.
  17. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 6, 2020

18. AlohaMax
    Froyo Apr 6, 2020

AlohaMax , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Awesome! Being in Hawaii, I've never had the chance to join the OnePlus pop-ups...

Cant wait to get a shiny OnePlus 8!!!

Bouncer71 likes this.
  19. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 6, 2020 :
    @superplus love the new avatar.

My favourite pop-up event; and there have been many over the years, has to be the OnePlus 5 one in London. I was actually helping out on the day talking to the fans and and helping the OnePlus team to hand out the gifts with purchase to people.

Lots of good folks like @David S. and I even met Braden from the US!. Was a busy day, so busy I never did get a chance to buy the phone for myself as I was busy helping the team out.

I did manage to grab some drinks in between breaks, grab a cheeky selfie with the lady duoic DJ team and have a little dance and generally have a fun time and being an unofficial brand ambassador before it was official (in role not me I mean)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020

20. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 6, 2020

superplus , Apr 6, 2020 :

Just for the record, I also really enjoyed hanging out with you and Adam and all for the Euro Tour :D but that wasn't a pop-up ;-p

21. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2020

obakesan , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Same here, Euro tour was the best and my first real road into the community, I still have the T-Shirt, it is the only one I have that fits haha!. That was a great day / night, I was thinking that, but figured it didn't qualify as pop-up per se. We have to do some sort of re-union one day!

jlasensiofi and superplus like this.