[EU] Open Ears Forum - Help us Improve our Customer Support

1. zoarquenix Froyo Aug 23, 2017

2. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 23, 2017

3. malidan Marshmallow Aug 23, 2017

malidan, Aug 23, 2017 :
    OP nowhere near being comparable to Samsung for hardware, the Stuff they don't include is what makes the difference.
    All the top devices have the same soc, ram, storage, baring 2 Samsung also has Exynos( better number cruncher superior power management) and Hauwei( better number crunching). So they I don't get the hardware thing.

4. Skatan Cupcake Aug 23, 2017

5. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2017

ShortyEx, Aug 23, 2017 :
    @David S.

This event is an excellent example of the issue I have with OnePlus support. My phone has been doing some dangerous stuff lately (read the cover started to click open because it was heating so bad) and @David Y. got me in touch with support. The person I was communicating with was really, really friendly and went above and beyond to try and help me. But the problem, living in Europe, is that actual support is hard to get by. Even this event is in London, it's not as if I can quickly go to London to discuss issues I had with CS. It would be a rather expensive trip and not really worth the effort.

The same applies to the predicament I'm in right now. My phone on OOS used to heat up really bad, my battery draining up to the point where I had a SOT of about half an hour. When it was heating the wooden backcover started to click open in a bottom right corner. I don't use my phone for anything other than checking traffic in Google Maps (not even navigation), reading the news, mail, messaging and calling. I don't play games or do really intensive stuff with my phone that could explain the heating. CS asked if I could send it in but if I do, I lose my phone for x-amount of time and have to buy a new phone to bridge that gap because I need my phone for work. Sending it in would result in my OnePlus phone becoming redundant and it would become useless to send it in because I would have a new phone already. Not to mention that, since I installed a custom ROM, the issues were slightly resolved so I think the problem lies mainly in OOS and my phone tapping out because it is asking to much from the hardware. So I might get the bill afterwards if it turns out it isn't a hardware problem.

That's my biggest issue with support, I can't just walk into a service center nearby and get the problem assessed and fixed and I can't get a temporary replacement while it is being fixed. Basically if I send in my phone (which is not even 2 years old), I have to buy a new one making my OP2 redundant once it returns.

Sidenote, my wife also has a OP2 and also has a problem with heating, hers doesn't click open but the metal bezel gets really hot and it tends to turn of every once in a while. We both use original chargers and cables.

yanniehomogeniser and awesomeX1 like this.
  6. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 23, 2017 :
    "Although there have been reports that the 810 runs warmer than its predecessors, we assure you that we have taken all the necessary precautions and beyond to prevent this from occurring in the 2. We worked very closely with Qualcomm's engineers to integrate an improved version of the chipset (v2.1) in the OnePlus 2, and fine-tuned both hardware and software. The 2 will be "cooler than ever".

(Above is a quotation from Oneplus Management, as printed in an article posted on Android Authority, Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 4:21 pm EDT)

7. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2017

ShortyEx, Aug 24, 2017 :
    Jup, I know :) I was hesitant of buying a phone with an 810 but their sales speech bought me over. Never buying into their hype and lies again, thats for sure :)

awesomeX1 and waldwolf like this.
  8. eye842 KitKat Aug 24, 2017

eye842, Aug 24, 2017 :
    Thanks for the oppo-rtunity but I'll pass. You already know how to reach me :smile:

yanniehomogeniser and waldwolf like this.
  9. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 24, 2017 :
    If memory serves me, every OEM phone maker using the Qualcomm 810 had 'over-heating' problems.
    But of course, they all tried to hide this problem through misinformation and out-right lies.

Edger Allen Poe - November 1845:
    "Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see."

About all one can do is take solace in the fact, you are not alone.

ShortyEx likes this.
  10. Sourav Kumar Sahu Gingerbread Aug 25, 2017

11. Bhuvanesh_Vf Cupcake Aug 25, 2017

12. gaster KitKat Moderator Aug 25, 2017

gaster, Aug 25, 2017 :
    That's more than amazing David. Thank you man

13. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 26, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 26, 2017 :
    Amazing? I think not.
    One should always remember, talk is cheap. It's truth and action which builds lasting trust & greatness.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017

14. G_RAJWEL_SPORTS_CLUB_RAJ Cupcake Aug 26, 2017

15. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 26, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 26, 2017 :
    @David S

In a recent interview, Pete Lau, when questioned, stated Oneplus's 3 major markets were India, Europe and North America.

According to information posted on their website, Oneplus have a total of 18 authorized support centers worldwide:
    5 in ASIA
    1 in CENTRAL AMERICA,
    5 in EUROPE
    7 in MIDDLE EAST.​

Question: Why are there no support centers in NORTH AMERICA?

Suggested Reading: "A Bad Week for The OnePlus 5"

16. Capta1nZap Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 26, 2017

Capta1nZap, Aug 26, 2017 :
    What customer care? Let's be completely honest here, @OnePlus has no such thing. I know because I used to work in the field and I was pretty damn good at it.

You'll never going to get good unless you hire your own people and train them yourself. Don't hire 3rd party companies (mostly Indians, not that I have something with them) that will always say the same copy/paste phrase every single time. These guys do not think at all, they just go through a checklist without actually understanding what you're saying.

@OnePlus needs to be in touch with the CC team, and it's always better to have it in the same building with the developers, so they are always "ahead of the curve" and know what's coming, good or bad. Every single update you push should be supported by them.

There, that's all you need. Train your own people and share as much as you can with them.

Saved you of a few trips!

17. gaster KitKat Moderator Aug 26, 2017

gaster, Aug 26, 2017 :
    Maybe this move it's a kind of the next step that is the actions. Instantly communication face 2 face always brings something better instead behind the screen imo. Let's hope for the best

18. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2017

waldwolf, Aug 27, 2017 :
    I agree with your "Maybe", but then again we've all heard such statements and promises from management since June of 2014.

Would you buy a new Toyoyo car, if your had to ship it back to Japan for warranty or non-warranty repairs, prepaying all shipping costs? I think not, but time will tell.

19. G_Faheem_Yazdani_(Feemy8 Gingerbread Aug 28, 2017

G_Faheem_Yazdani_(Feemy8, Aug 28, 2017 :
    Why do you need an Open Ears Forum? Surely this community is full of useful feedback and constructive criticism.
    I really hope OnePlus follows through on the suggestions and feedback they receive. Samsung are horrible at doing that. Great customer service goes a very long way. I have just bought my first OnePlus device and I hope to continue to buy their products if they can prove that they take their clients seriously and give us what we want.

P.S I hope the Senior Leadership teams have removed the wax from their ears.

yanniehomogeniser and waldwolf like this.
  20. ModLife Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2017