4.9%
  10. 10. Valerian

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Vito B.
    Social Media FR & UK Staff Member Sep 1, 2020

Vito B. , Sep 1, 2020 :
    [Update 09/14/2020]

Sorry for the delay, but we have a fresh batch of finalists for this week's contest. Check them below and vote now!
    Aishymata.jpg
    1. Aishymata
    Eppu Niemi.jpg
    2. Eppu
    Fie Lykke Pedersen.jpg
    3. Fie Lykke
    Gabriele Restuccia.jpg
    4. Gabriele
    Gavin Gilbert.jpg
    5. Gavin
    Petteri Penttinen.jpg
    6. Petteri
    Sini Säteri.jpg
    7. Sini
    Sophie Thomas.jpg
    8. Sophie
    Oliver Ihrlich.jpg
    9. Oliver
    Valerian Bahnik.jpg
    10. Valerian

#ShotonOnePlus WEEK 4 WIDE ANGLE Forum.png

Greetings Community,

Week 3 of our #ShotonOnePlus just ended, and we have seen some amazing Nightscape pictures. You can vote now for your favorite right HERE.

For the last week of the #ShotonOnePlus contest, we wanted to do something a little different. Us humans love being in contact with one another, sharing precious moments together. Alas, all of that isn’t really a thing at the moment – but that’s where OnePlus Nord’s ultra wide angle selfie camera comes in.

We were toying with a few names for this week’s #ShotonOnePlus challenge, but nothing summed it all up quite like our signature company philosophy – Never Settle. Social distancing measures don’t allow for packed group selfies, but that’s not going to stop us. So, start experimenting and get creative with your selfies – you know the drill by now, the best photographers will receive a pair of OnePlus Buds and a OnePlus Travel Backpack. Oh, and there’s also a OnePlus Nord up for grabs this week, too.

We have invited Mansi Ugale to share how she is taking self portrait and she will give you some advices:

1. Where do you like to take your pictures?
    I like to shoot up on my terrace or create some unique set ups myself at home.

2. Do you prefer an indoor or outdoor setting?
    This totally depends upon the type of vibe that I’m going for the picture. But lately I’ve been enjoying experimenting with my shoots indoors.

3. Which camera do you usually use?
    I started off by shooting on my iPhone6s. Now it’s been almost year that I’ve been using a Canon600D for my photoshoots.
    I am a strong believer that if you’re creative enough and willing experiment with the lighting, the gear shouldn’t really matter.

4. What made you start self-portraiture or portrait photography?
    I always loved clicking photographs and also loved getting clicked. Then I thought to myself, what would be any better than just being my own model and photographer.

5. What about this type of photography appeals to you the most?
    Creative freedom. You are the artist and the art. You can experiment, make mistakes, learn! The process of coming up with an idea, executing it and finally seeing that idea come to life is just the best feeling.

6. What is the most important thing to take care of when taking self-portraits?
    The concept of self portrait is spreading across social media and you can see every other creator exploring self portraits.
    I think the most important thing that one should take care is to be original with the ideas and the content. One should take care and understand the difference between taking inspiration and imitating.

7. How important is a wide-angle shot in storytelling?
    A wide angle shot gives the viewer a better understanding of the portrait and the story it’s trying to portray. The artist/photographer can let their imagination out through their set ups and wide angle shot helps capture the idea/mood into the photograph.

8. What would you say are standard 'must-do things' or tips when taking self-portraits?
    Take care of the lighting. I always talk about how we do not need fancy gear to get good portraits but what we do need is a good lighting. Natural lighting works the best. Another must do thing on my list is, to take as many pictures as possible. Do not refrain from experimenting.

9. What do you like about the Nord's front-facing dual camera the most?
    I absolutely love the fact that i can take the wide angle and close up shots without putting in much effort. The wide angle lens just gives a beautiful perspective to my pictures.

10. They say the best camera is the one you have with you and for most of us its a smartphone camera. Does the camera make a great shot or the way you take the photo? Thoughts?
    I don’t think that gear is very important. Even though obviously a good camera does make your work alot easier. However, One also needs a little bit of practice and good lighting to get great pictures.

Now it is your turn to be creative in selfie. Share your best shots on social media with #ShotonOnePlus and try to win the OnePlus Buds and an Explorer Backpack.

For more informations, go to #ShotonOnePlus

May the OnePlus be with you!

2. Gio567full
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2020

Gio567full , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Fantastic theme, I will try to participate again this week :).
    Thanks to Mansi Ugale for the advices.
    @Vito D'Angelo,this is the last week, create immediately another creative competition:p
    Be safe guys, it's the most important thing.
    Good luck to everyone:cool:

3. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Sep 1, 2020 :
    ooh interesting topic, especially in the world we are currently in...
    As someone who doesn't selfie, I'm sure I'll figure away to do this one (7T Pro doesn't have a wide angle front camera... I'm sure I can get creative with it... All you Nordies might have a slight advantage in this one! 🤔)
    Best of luck everyone.
    The final challenge is here... Bring on photos!
    (you can even win a Nord too... woah)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020

4. JelleZon
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2020

JelleZon , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Great instructions and informative post - as always @Vito B. :cool:

Oh look, who's that? 👀✌🏼
    Shot on the brand new OnePlus Nord! Really love this ultrawide front camera.
    This perspective always looks amazing and spectacular.

[​IMG]

Good luck to everyone. Have fun and never settle! :innocent:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020

5. jayrajb
    Donut Sep 1, 2020

6. Masum Aliyani
    Eclair Sep 1, 2020

7. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Sep 1, 2020

8. rayprayas
    Froyo Sep 1, 2020

9. shamil666