[EU] Update on the OnePlus 8 Pro's availability – Everything you need to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 27, 2020

David S. , May 27, 2020 :
    forum-flash-sales_1080x520.png

Dear friends,

Thanks to our community, the early demand for OnePlus 8 Pro has been off the charts; however, we acknowledge the stock issues and would like to express regret towards everyone who has been waiting to purchase the device as the initial stock had been rapidly exhausted.

We wanted to give you an update and re-assure you that we are doing everything possible to try to get as many OnePlus 8 Pro out of the factory as soon as we can, but the manufacturing world is quite unforgiving when it comes to forecasting and parts supply, seeing some of the components taking weeks to show up from placing an order from the supplier.

What does this mean for those willing to purchase the device? That while we will soon have enough devices for everyone, our output is currently constrained by the lead time of certain components and how soon the devices can reach our warehouses in Europe.

Hence, in the interest of giving opportunity to everyone who has been waiting for OnePlus 8 Pro, we have decided to start weekly limited stock sale of the device, for a better user experience. Under this experience, we will try to have week’s worth production shipped on a regular basis to our European warehouses and define a day for everyone to have a fair chance to purchase our weekly limited stock.

Starting this week, we’ll be hosting flash sales* for the OnePlus 8 Pro 12+256 Glacial Green in all our European markets every Thursday at 10AM UK time (11AM in central Europe and noon in Finland).

We hope that this interim solution can help our community purchase the device of their choice, while we are working hard to get the OnePlus 8 Pro into the hands of every customer who wants one, as quickly as possible.

Ultramarine Blue is considered a limited Edition and will be making a special appearance for the first Flash Sale this Thursday 28th of May in all markets where it initially launched.

*Note: Flash sales are not flash deals, price remains the same.

EDIT: We are live! (Will update stock levels over here)
    - UK/Ireland/Malta/Cyprus - already OOS, more coming next week at the same time.
    - EU - OOS for Ultramarine Blue, we might have enough Glacial Green stock to last us up until the new stock arrives (YES!).

EDIT of the 3rd of June:
    I hope everyone is ready for the Flash Sales of tomorrow, as last week, we'll be starting them at 11AM CEST (10AM BST, noon in Finland).
    Essentially we'll have the OP8 Pro 12+256 Green for the UK, Ireland, Malta and Cyprus and the OP8 Pro 12+256 Blue for the other countries in Europe, since it looks like we've got enough shipments arriving to our EU warehouses to meet the current demand.

EDIT of the 4th of June at 10:50 CEST:
    10 minutes to go, remember that the Flash Sales happen on our website -> oneplus.com

EDIT of the 4th of June at 11:00 CEST:
    We are live!

EDIT of the 4th of June at 11:14 CEST:
    - UK/Ireland/Malta/Cyprus - already OOS, more coming next week at the same time (we are bringing A LOT more stock for next week).

EDIT of the 10th of June:
    For tomorrow at 10AM BST, 11AM CEST, noon in Finland, we've got many more stock coming for the UK, Ireland, Malta and Cyprus for the OP8 Pro Glacial Green (we expect black the following week).
    On top of that, as you have probably seen, we seem to have a healthy level of stock for OP8 Pro in the other EU countries, but -as the e-mail you might receive this evening will say- we've also got -hopefully- enough stock to cover the current demand of Wireless Chargers for Europe (we're trying to bring also stock ASAP for the UK-plug countries). See you tomorrow!

EDIT of the 11th of June at 10AM BST:
    We are live! -> oneplus.com

LAST EDIT of the 17th of June:
    As of today, we've got all models of the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro back in stock in all warehouses.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020

2. amit_static
    Eclair May 27, 2020

Ravi BINAVAT and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  3. wissou
    US Brand Ambassador May 27, 2020

4. G_Huynh_Tinh
    Gingerbread May 27, 2020

5. Prabhu B
    Froyo May 27, 2020

Prabhu B , via OnePlus 3 , May 27, 2020 :
    Any update on the India availablity. I know it's May 29 for all and 28th exclusively for RCC members but at what time? dow e have a chance to buy popup bundle without invite code?

6. Moin2200
    KitKat May 27, 2020

luxuskamel and Starcommander like this.
  7. Starcommander
    Lollipop May 27, 2020

Starcommander , May 27, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update David. Stay safe :)

8. V1578070668134
    Cupcake May 27, 2020

iambittu007 and Prabhu B like this.
  9. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator May 27, 2020

10. Prabhu B
    Froyo May 27, 2020

Prabhu B , via OnePlus 3 , May 27, 2020 :
    Is 8 pro available in flash sale on Amazon or OnePlus website? While OP8 is available on flash sale, why OP8 pro is not available for sale yet in India?
    iam sorry to say this it looks like a sales gimmick to me. Even the popup box invite code I tried all 3 days the moment clock turned 12 and it says out of stock as soon as I select get invite code.
    Please consider the people who are waiting to upgrade their device badly and announce the revised open sale date only after everything is finalised.

11. Chinda
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2020

Chinda , May 27, 2020 :
    Hi @David S. when is the Onyx Black OnePlus 8 Pro coming back in stock for the UK? I've been trying to buy it for the last few days but unavailable on OnePlus Store, Amazon UK, John Lewis.

The weekly flash sales on the OnePlus Store is a good idea but at least offer Onyx Black as a option in the weekly flash sales as not everyone wants the Glacial Green colour variant.

Plus bizarre how some European countries get the option of Ultra Marine Blue yet the UK doesn't. The colour's shouldn't be limited to certain regions, that's just losing sales bad business practice doing that.

Last edited: May 27, 2020

12. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator May 27, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , May 27, 2020 :
    Read this:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-series-5g-open-sales-an-update.1231854/

jlasensiofi likes this.
  13. Prabhu B
    Froyo May 27, 2020

14. AdityaBhargav
    Cupcake May 27, 2020

AdityaBhargav , via OnePlus 5 , May 27, 2020 :
    Right Prabhu.
    @OnePlus please stop making fool.

15. bobsta
    Honeycomb May 27, 2020

bobsta , May 27, 2020 :
    What? How does limiting sales contribute to an improved user experience? Don't you mean buying experience?

Prabhu B and Chinda like this.
  16. darren190390
    Gingerbread May 27, 2020

darren190390 , via OnePlus 6T , May 27, 2020 :
    I am very happy that things are going so well at oneplus. : D annoying for buyers, but everyone will be more than satisfied if the beloved device is held in hands. ;)

rarog likes this.
  17. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 27, 2020

luxuskamel , May 27, 2020 :
    To any buyer: remember that you can use referral links to support other people (and you get 10$ for accessories too)

18. NeuralDeclan
    Cupcake May 27, 2020

NeuralDeclan , May 27, 2020 :
    Does this imply that you are prioritising all of your EU stock of the green 8 Pro for Oneplus.com and these flash sales, keeping none for UK retail partners (John Lewis, Amazon.co.uk) until supply issues are resolved? I had spent time saving away shopping vouchers for John Lewis all year in anticipation for the 8 pro, which means I'm pretty much locked in to buying it from them now and flash sales here aren't much help...

19. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 27, 2020

David S. , May 27, 2020 :
    Sorry, this is only for Europe! Will ask our India and North American colleagues to see if they can also give you guys an update on stock availability. Who knows, if this experiment works well in Europe they might adopt it too :)

Advice for everyone:
    - Log into your account ahead of time (create one if you don't have it already);
    - Review your shipping address and make it default;
    - Decide if you want any accessories, if you do, please add them to the shopping cart already (anything that speeds you up for tomorrow, will help);
    - If you have any vouchers, coupons or tokens, you can already submit them, so they can be redeemed on check-out (on your profile, left side, under invites);
    - Get ready your payment method, remember that you can use PayPal and Credit Card in all the countries and some additional payment methods in selected countries.

We should have new Onyx Black shipments coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Will probably update you all over here.

Now, to your last question regarding Ultramarine Blue, what I've learned during these almost 7 years at OnePlus, is that dealing with stock is always very tricky, especially if you are managing different models (SKUs) that are specific to countries, like the UK devices are due to the type of plug of the charging brick.
    Why? Because if we mess up the forecast and expect everyone to buy the "wrong" colour, I will be very limited to where I can move the excess of stock (e.g.: UK devices are sold in the UK -66.6M inhabitants-, Ireland -4.9M-, Malta -0.5M- and Cyprus -1.2M-), while in the rest of Europe, I have a bigger mass of potential customers, hence more freedom and less risk, as I can potentially move stock from a color that expected to do very well in a country to another.
    Hope this helps to clarify why we have not made available certain colours in the UK.

But you are using the website to buy, right? :)

Now seriously, we considered several options, given the fact that we have limited availability and this one was the best one. Alternatives meant either go for a longer period of time without stock, up until we had enough to satisfy the demand (meaning nobody gets to buy until we've reached that critical mass of stock) or adding stock as it comes in, so at random times with 0 predictability.

True say.

No, we are also trying to serve the orders from partners as fast as we can and trying to be fair to everyone. You might want to check JLP's website tomorrow.