[EU] Update on the OnePlus 8 Pro's availability – Everything you need to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf00
    Donut May 27, 2020

wolf00 , May 27, 2020 :
    Does this mean that those markets that did not get blue at launch are simply never going to get it?
    We're stuck with green or smaller memory black and that's it?

2. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 27, 2020

David S. , May 27, 2020 :
    That is correct.

jlasensiofi likes this.
  3. OPD
    Gingerbread May 27, 2020

4. wolf00
    Donut May 27, 2020

wolf00 , May 27, 2020 :
    Wow. No slight to those that like it, but to me the green looks like a 70's bathroom. I am not going to buy it just because it is the only option presented.

I've currently got a OnePlus 3T. I'm not someone that buys a new phone every time a new model comes out, but my 3T needs an upgrade. I could have gone with other devices released earlier but held out for a new OnePlus because I had liked the 3T so much. I guess there are plenty of other phones on the market at this price-point now.

Let me ask you about the strategy here though, if OnePlus continuously under-serve markets that are maybe not traditionally seen as having a large OnePlus buyership, how is that supposed to increase the buyership in that market? There is a line between exclusivity/creating demand or stock issues and just poor service. It's one thing to say "stock levels are an issue, we'll have some at some point, please bear with us" and a whole other thing to effectively say "Yeah we couldn't really care less about your market so you don't get the stuff everyone else does". Not just having a whine, I would actually like to understand the strategy here if you are able to say.

From my point of view you've just lost yourself a loyal customer that was about to drop ~€1500 on a phone + accessories so that buyership is going down. Having spoken to others locally about this I can't imagine I'm the only one. Additionally that €1500 will now be going to a competitor.

Last edited: May 27, 2020

Prabhu B and Huigiebaby like this.
  5. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 27, 2020

David S. and mojoyoyo77 like this.
  6. BlubbBlubb
    Cupcake May 27, 2020

BlubbBlubb , May 27, 2020 :
    so black with 256gb will not come to EU/Germany? thats a real dealbreaker imho

Huigiebaby likes this.
  7. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator May 28, 2020

David S. likes this.
  8. F1585270898289
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

F1585270898289 , May 28, 2020 :
    So Europe gets special advanced deals while everywhere else is ignored?
    Odd way of doing business.
    Give SOME geographic area's deals while giving the proverbial finger to every other customer.
    Very poor marketing, only acknowledge SOME potential customers with a flash sale.
    Great phones, great service, horrible marketing

C1519115778939 likes this.
  9. L1590631417535
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

L1590631417535 , May 28, 2020 :
    With regards to the ultramarine blue, would there be an issue if someone from a region where it is not available bought the blue version from lets say the german site (oneplus.com/de)?
    As in , would there be any incompatibility / delivery issues etc..
    You mentioned the charging brick plug, theoretically an adapter for the socket would work? or am i misunderstanding it

10. vituljain490 , via OnePlus Community App , May 28, 2020 :
    I have been waiting since a long time for one plus 8 pro. I pre-booked my phone on 8 May 2020. It was about to launch on 11 May then 18 May then 29 May now again it got delayed. We are in hope of buying it as soon as possible. As this one plus 8 pro sale Is getting delayed many of the people will buy some other device because everyone have been waiting so long for this device. We have paid 1000 rupees because we really want to buy it but now really we are losing our patience. I am not at all satisfied with this working. When you can launch one plus 8 twice i. e on 18 May and 29 May then why not one plus 8 pro. I really can't believe the reason you have posted on the one plus community page. If it's about the situations then even one plus 8 sale must b cancelled why just one plus 8 pro. It really doesn't matter if we think logically be it either one plus 8 or one plus 8 pro both have to be cancelled or both have to be launched at a time. I really need an answer to my comment and about the exact sale date.

11. Andy lone
    Honeycomb May 28, 2020

David S. likes this.
  12. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 28, 2020

David S. , May 28, 2020 :
    Need to check with the product team. Haven't heard anything back yet.

If you can, whenever the covid restrictions allow for it, please go to a JLP or Three store and see the device in real life. The pictures don't do it justice. I was also in love with the Ultramarine Blue but ended up with Glacial Green and couldn't be happier.

Now, regarding the strategy, it's not about us caring or not about a market, it's about the risk of having too much stock and the economical implications that it has for the company in Europe. We operate with razor-thin margins, so we have to be extra careful.

I'm sorry you feel this way about it, but honestly, if you don't feel our device this year (because of colour, specs or anything) deserves your money, by all means, look around and make a purchase that makes you feel comfortable. For a 1000€+ purchase you gotta be 100% sure that the product will make you happy.

It's not a color/size combination available in Europe.

Maybe read the post? In this case Flash = Limited time (due to limited stock) + Sale = selling stuff, not discounting products.

You'd have to purchase it on Amazon DE, ES or IT and get it delivered to the UK. The only difference would be the charging brick.

This is for Europe. I can't comment on India-related stuff as it's not even the same factory outputting phones, but will pass on your feedback to our India colleagues.

13. Nuvulari
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Nuvulari , May 28, 2020 :
    @David S. So no new information from the German team on the restock on Otto.de. They're always telling me that they have no information from you when the devices will arrive. They're saying the device will arrive in 3 weeks since April - which doesn't make sense.

14. Huigiebaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

Huigiebaby , May 28, 2020 :
    It's quite refreshing to see that an OP employee actually participates in a thread. :)

15. Ashshti
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Ashshti , May 28, 2020 :
    I don't understand whenever anything happens only oneplus 8 pro mobile production stops. And oneplus 8 productions was not stopped. I did not understand the methodology of ONEPLUS. Maybe I am wrong if there is any issue(screen, black crush) in OnePlus 8 PRO mobile then clearly tell us, we will wait for us. I remember Sunny Deol movie damini dialogue "Tarikh pe Tarikh". this dialogue fits for "OnePlus 8 Pro" mobile in the current time.

16. Mdeepak307
    Donut May 28, 2020

17. Manilo
    Honeycomb May 28, 2020

18. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 28, 2020

David S. , May 28, 2020 :
    OP8 Pro Green arrived two days ago in Germany, I think they should go back in stock and fulfill those pre-orders very soon. It is a bit weird that they say we don't tell them when stock is coming in, since we talk to all our partners almost on a daily basis.

:p

No, production hasn't stopped, the demand globally for OP8 Pro has been higher than expected. As I explained in the original post, parts take time to get from the supplier to the factory in order to be able to increase the output of our factory.

Sorry Deepak, only European stock in this thread :(

19. Chinda
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

Chinda , May 28, 2020 :
    OnePlus 8 Pro has sold much more than the regular OnePlus 8. That's why the OnePlus 8 Pro is facing stock shortages whereas the regular OnePlus 8 isn't as popular so no stock shortages.

OnePlus never manufacture their smartphones in the massive quantities like a Apple or Samsung. If the demand for OnePlus smartphones vastly increases in the future then OnePlus will likely ramp up production.