[EU] Update on the OnePlus 8 Pro's availability – Everything you need to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kermex
    Honeycomb May 28, 2020

2. NeuralDeclan
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

NeuralDeclan , May 28, 2020 :
    Serves me right for not checking my forum replies until the next morning, missed them on JL again, let's try next week... -_-

3. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 28, 2020

David S. , May 28, 2020 :
    We are live! (Will update stock levels over here and on the first post)
    - UK/Ireland/Malta/Cyprus - already OOS, more coming next week at the same time.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 28, 2020

Cheetosdust , May 28, 2020 :
    Many thanks for the update, David. :)

Can confirm that in Portugal - probably the same with other European markets - the Ultramarine and Glacial Green are still available, both variants ship within 24 hours. :cool:

Glacial Green.png

Ultramarine.png

Philippe75 and Z1584534385179 like this.
  5. LampyDave
    Eclair May 28, 2020

LampyDave , May 28, 2020 :
    Please bear in mind that I only know what I have investigated as a consumer - so I might be wrong.

The OP 8 Pro phone being sold in the EU is the same model number (IN2023) as the one in the UK, so I am confident that a blue model bought from the DE site will work in the UK - although a socket adaptor will be needed for the charger.
    This contrasts with the US phone - I bought a US phone in the first release without checking, and it's a different model number. The US phone wouldn't work correctly with the UK mobile networks and had to go back - which ended up quite pricey...

To buy from a different location I believe you have to have a shipping address in that country (although again I might be wrong), which means using a shipping forwarder. I will try to remember to let you know how I get on - I've just bought a blue one from the DE site in the flash sale this morning. I chose Germany as I have successfully used a shipping forwarder from Germany in the past for something un-related.
    Also bear in mind that you're going to be responsible for return costs back to that country for faults or any other reason. In the case of the US phone that meant paying a forwarder quite a lot to get it shipped from the US to the UK and then paying UPS to return the phone to the US when it wouldn't work correctly.

All that said - the blue one is extremely gorgeous in real life...

Z1584534385179 and Chinda like this.
  6. LampyDave
    Eclair May 28, 2020

LampyDave , May 28, 2020 :
    Thanks David. Is there any word on the wireless chargers coming back into stock? I want to get one more as I didn't buy enough of them when they were originally in stock (need one for office, home, hotel room,site 1 & site 2) so have been keeping an eye on them since. Are they likely to be included in the Thursday release at some point?
    Many thanks, Dave

7. David S.

That is correct, we have different warehouses, the one dealing with Portugal deals with most EU countries (except UK).

If you buy from oneplus.com, you must have an address in the country where the site points to (e.g.: oneplus.com/uk only ships to the UK, oneplus.com/fr only to addresses in France, etc.), so if you have a friend or a forwarder, you can definitely buy from a different country.
    Alternatively, as I mentioned, Amazon does ship between EU countries too -or at least I've managed to get stuff shipped from Germany or France into the UK and Spain-.

Now, regarding the last bit, for servicing, if the devices has been bought in any European country, we'll service it locally, so no need to worry if you buy it in France or Germany and you live in the UK, you won't have to deal with shipping costs if the repair is within warranty.

Hey Dave, let me look into it and give you guys an update on the OP as soon as I get visibility on the upcoming shipments.

LampyDave and Cheetosdust like this.
  8. kermex
    Honeycomb May 28, 2020

kermex , May 28, 2020 :
    What's the scope, then!!??

9. David S.

As mentioned to another fellow forum member earlier in another post:
    In this case Flash = Limited time (due to limited stock) + Sale = as in selling stuff, not discounting products.

10. K.badri
    Donut May 28, 2020

K.badri , May 28, 2020 :
    What a shame didn't know this and missed the sale today. So will it be again on Thursday? Do you know how many were on sale and got sold in minutes. Is next week also going to be similar?

11. L1590631417535
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

L1590631417535 , May 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for info dave + david :),
    I am going to wait for the blue to be in stock in amazon de/es/it. I presume what you said applies to me in ireland as well as people in uk.
    Do you have any info on whether it will likely be in stock in june or could it be july/beyond?

12. Philippe75
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

Philippe75 , May 28, 2020 :
    YOu have the links for amazon.fr for ultra marine ? ONEPLUS 8 PRO ? 256 go

13. kermex
    Honeycomb May 28, 2020

kermex , via OnePlus Community App , May 28, 2020 :
    Thanks! I guess is another marketing technique because your prices are higher and higher. The previous well-known „affordable flagship" is gone forever.

14. David S.

Yes, Thursday again at 10AM UK time. I know how many were sold in the 4 minutes that the stock lasted in the UK, but you know we never reveal sales numbers :)

It applies to Ireland too, yes. Germany, Italy and Spain will go back in stock for OP8 Pro Ultramarine Blue today.

Amazon France doesn't carry the OP8 Pro in Ultramarine Blue.

15. L1590631417535
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

L1590631417535 , May 28, 2020 :
    Oh, thats alot sooner than i expected , i will keep an eye on amazon then , thanks!

David S. likes this.
  16. OPD
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

OPD , May 28, 2020 :
    Hi @David S. thank you for the reply! I will PM you with more info, so we don't go off topic here.

17. Grahamkinch
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Grahamkinch , May 28, 2020 :
    I feel like the people who have been the first to buy the OnePlus 8 pro when it was first released have been penalised, basically the £200 price hike within 2 week's of it's release date, I won't be buying another device from them ever again, I feel like I've been robbed

18. Ashutosh Modgill
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

19. David S.

What do you mean? Price is the same as day one...

Chinda and NeuralDeclan like this.
  20. aakash090293
    Cupcake May 28, 2020