[EU] Update on the OnePlus 8 Pro's availability – Everything you need to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisLavery6
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

ChrisLavery6 , May 28, 2020 :
    Hi David,

Will the Ultramarine Blue to be available in Ireland anytime soon?

2. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 28, 2020

David S. , May 28, 2020 :
    Unfortunately not, it's not one of the SKUs that we've got with a Type G wall charger.

We are looking at mid-June for replenishment of the Wireless Chargers.

3. LampyDave
    Eclair May 28, 2020

4. LampyDave
    Eclair May 28, 2020

LampyDave , May 28, 2020 :
    This is excellent news - thanks for confirming :)

David S. likes this.
  5. Dobsonov
    Honeycomb May 28, 2020

Dobsonov , May 28, 2020 :
    Hi, thanks for the updated information. Can I ask if the Ultramarine Blue will (now or ever), be available in the UK? I'm still on the fence about the phone given the recent issues but would be much more tempted if I can get my preferred colour. Thanks.

6. Gdkinch
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

7. Gdkinch
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

8. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

9. Chinda
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

Chinda , May 28, 2020 :
    Hi there, David from OnePlus already answered earlier in this thread that the Ultramarine Blue colour variant won't be coming to the UK. I personally think most people here in the UK would prefer the Ultramarine Blue rather than the Glacial Green but hey ho OnePlus thinks different.

10. Chinda
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

Chinda , May 28, 2020 :
    The OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green 12GB RAM 256GB Storage is still £899 on the OnePlus UK Store, Amazon UK, John Lewis.

It hasn't gone down in price to £699 two weeks after release on the OnePlus UK Store, Amazon UK, John Lewis.

The only place in the UK prices are different is official OnePlus partner Three UK at £975 for both the Onyx Black 8GB RAM 128GB Storage and Glacial Green 128GB RAM 256GB Storage Three carrier versions.

11. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

Topper_Gas , May 28, 2020 :
    If the stock of green phones sold out in 4 minutes is there any real prospect OP will be stuck with a batch of blue phones, particularly given the general UK public usually prefer blue over what is seen here as "unlucky" green?

Can OP confirm what is causing the delays, lack of a particularly part or demand far exceeding production, as to sell out an entire week's batch of phones suggest a serious lack of supply, or OP just wanting to build the hype given that Samsung Galaxy S20 sales are falling far below expectations even though it's been well received by the media etc. ,

12. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member May 28, 2020

David S. , May 28, 2020 :
    It will not.

I don't know mate, but price has been the very same 899 quid since the beginning, no changes.

Green is seen as unlucky mostly in motorsport, no? I wasn't aware that the UK public consider green an unlucky color.

Delays are caused due to demand surpassing the forecast, meaning we have multiple parts from different suppliers that are not readily available in the quantities that we would need them to be able to meet the current demand.

13. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

Max_Fremps , May 28, 2020 :
    for me isn't fixed, strange colors like green/red tint at low brightness, black crush persist, and image retention too

14. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

Green is seen as unlucky mostly in motorsport, no? I wasn't aware that the UK public consider green an unlucky color.
    .[/QUOTE]

Yep, green is considered an unlucky colour in the UK, hence you rarely see green phones or cars etc sold here, stick a green, blue, red, white, silver & black phone, or anything else for that matter, for sale in the UK and you can usually guarantee which will sell the least.

"Throughout the U.K. and U.S. green is thought to be somewhat of an unlucky color.

Records of this superstition go back as late as the 1700s. It’s said that to wear the color green is to bring about death"

Last edited: May 28, 2020

15. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

Batfink32 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    Yep, green is considered an unlucky colour in the UK, hence you rarely see green phones or cars etc sold here, stick a green, blue, red, white, silver & black phone, or anything else for that matter, for sale in the UK and you can usually guarantee which will sell the least.[/QUOTE]I've never ever heard of green being an unlucky colour in the UK and I've lived here 40 years (since I was born).

16. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

I've never ever heard of green being an unlucky colour in the UK and I've lived here 40 years (since I was born).[/QUOTE]

"Throughout the U.K. and U.S. green is thought to be somewhat of an unlucky color. Records of this superstition go back as late as the 1700s. It’s said that to wear the color green is to bring about death"

There's a reason there's so few green phones ever produced for sale in the UK in the past. I can't think of any electronic item, or even household item which has sold well in green in the UK, hence it's a strange choice to only sell the Pro 8 256GB in green.

17. saurabh.swimm
    Froyo May 29, 2020

saurabh.swimm , May 29, 2020 :
    I don't know it's gimmick or not but this is unprofessional for sure. Firstly sale date was 11th May which they changed to 29th May and now again they are changing to 15th June. My OnePlus 6T broken during lockdown. I have desided to purchase Oneplus 8pro. I tried hard to get invite code. I have participated with ARunboxing. Tried with all 3 days of RCC but I have not received any invite code. Now I am tired of waiting. I am using oneplus since 2015. Currently using OP2. But unfortunately now I am looking for alternatives. Really Sad Oneplus😔

Prabhu B likes this.
  18. K1577393762556
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

K1577393762556 , May 29, 2020 :
    I'm still waiting for a replacement phone as are quite a few people for almost a month. How are they still doing releases when they cant even repair the ones they have?

Prabhu B likes this.
  19. Prabhu B
    Froyo May 29, 2020

Prabhu B , via OnePlus 3 , May 29, 2020 :
    bro, where did they confirm sale is on June 15?

20. saurabh.swimm , via OnePlus Community App , May 29, 2020 :
    I went to Oneplus service center to repair my OnePlus 6T on 27th May. got this information from there only. They have Oneplus 8 available for sale today on 29th May. they give me 32000 estimate for my OnePlus 6t repair, it's batter to buy new phone. really disappointed with Oneplus.

Prabhu B likes this.