[EU] Update on the OnePlus 8 Pro's availability – Everything you need to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W1590412792756
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

2. ATULBEAS
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

ATULBEAS , via OnePlus 6T , May 30, 2020 :
    I pre booked 8 pro on Amazon thinking the sale was on 29th May but was not available for sale on the given date by 1+

now will there be any priority for Amazon prebooking done by the company on Amazon ?

as sale is on available stock only and it will be wrong if again prebooked customer does not get any priority

I would love have answer from any one from OnePlus company

B1590460495845 likes this.
  3. Praveen.vs
    Donut May 30, 2020

Praveen.vs , via OnePlus 3T , May 30, 2020 :
    Yes , even I faced the same issue with red club invite..

Prabhu B likes this.
  4. Chinda
    Jelly Bean May 30, 2020

Chinda , May 30, 2020 :
    They have never previously released a regular and Pro version at the same time but they have released regular and Pro versions in the same year. Going all the way back to 2016 with the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.

That's three and a half years worth of data showing them how the Pro versions sold compared to the regular versions. Plus OnePlus has done numerous surveys for feedback on their smartphones.

5. veerudp
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

Last edited: May 30, 2020

6. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 30, 2020 :
    Finally after a long wait I got my first OnePlus phone ,the 8 pro ,I got it from a local store that officially is selling them from Romania , now I'm curious to see what's the fus about it, switched from galaxy s9 plus

C1519115778939 likes this.
  7. karvermas , via OnePlus Community App , May 30, 2020 :
    it's not even available on 4rth June sale

8. cristinacla
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

9. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 30, 2020 :
    Because the phone companies don't have 5g,it has to be enable by the phone company you have the contract,you need to call them to see if they have the settings for the phone,but I doubt it , the word is at the end of the year they will have this infrastructure.This is not a phone problem.

10. cristinacla
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

11. G_Dale_Peterson_GKLV
    Eclair May 30, 2020

12. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Gingerbread May 31, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    cristinacla

But there's no setting
    View attachment 1326247

Yes I know,you need to call your local phone operator for 5g,there is no setting because the phone doesn't get a 5g signal,if you look at the end it tells you "automatic",that means if he will get the 5g signal the phone will switch by himself on it. But for that it needs a set of instructions from Digi or Vodafone,cause I see you have those 2. So call tech support. If you looked on OnePlus site they have this info " Even if a device supports some or all of the required frequencies for this carrier, it will not be able to connect unless the device is approved for this network."

Last edited: May 31, 2020

13. saurabh.swimm , via OnePlus Community App , May 31, 2020 :
    congratulation [e]1f490[/e][e]1f490[/e][e]1f490[/e]

14. bikram74
    Eclair May 31, 2020

bikram74 , May 31, 2020 :
    HI,

I am a loyal user of OP, since OP2 i have owned every OP, OP2, OP3, OP5 OP6 Avenger Edition, OP7 Pro 12GB,

I was thankful when OP abandoned Invite systems to buy OP. but now I am wondering whats going on with OP?

why are they not giving regular updates of their availability any where, we have to search and find for authentic info.

Every product of their id always Notify ME and when its available in few hours its gone. are they loosing their capability of production and meeting demand and delivery. Their OP8 Pro, officially there are no announcements, Amazon says Coming Soon, OP Site says Coming Soon, but no expected date mentioned. Atleast if they mention Expected sale date:..... would be easy to everyone to plan.

When launching OP7 and OP7 Pro, there was no mentioning of OP7Pro release dat.. I had to search web and got an update of the sale date.

When Amazon in official channel, why cant they display some expected date... what more you search for OP and you will only get Micros site Coming soon and no Expected date.

come on OP... even the pregnant mothers get expected dates of delivery... cant you do that...

Whole of the web is flooded with these questions after Launch when your products are going to be available for purchase.

another thing WHY some colors in some models only. After paying for OP8 Pro I would have loved the Option of Interstellar Glow for my PRO phone.. What wrong did i do that you are depriving me of that color even though I will be buying the highest priced model?

Ah... the wireless charger... That too is Coming Soon.. I was never able to buy desired accessories from OP site.. as its always coming soon.. I had to hunt from other sources... that goes for the Information too... Never on OP official site but from Internet.. which we have to trust for authenticity as OP does not talks to Customers directly.. They talk to certain trusted people who then slowly release the info on other websites.

I feel OP is loosing on its Customers expectations and on its deliverables...

This post itself is having so many questions... when will it be available for my region... WHEN???

Thanks for so many users who post availability along with locations... a Task which is of OP.. they should reward such users who without any returns are doing the job of what is that of OP to do. Thanks guys for those updates.

Due to current Lock-down, I am at a new address couldnt be at my residence/office and OP dosent even let me SAVE the new address for later deliver.. simply states Delivery restrictions to this Location.. Comeon.. Dont deliver.. atlest let me save the address.. that will save my time when I buy... to update my NEW address which is currently not deliverable.. else the product is gone from my CART.. and all I will see then is....COMING SOON...Highly incontinence and non cooperation/understanding by OP..

I am not threatening here.. after being loyal for such long.. registered user to OP official forum.. if I cant expect Updates from them.. then for that behavior I could opt for any other vendor from whom atleast I wont expect updates and that wount make me feel bad about my loyalty why SETTLE for OP THEN...

I am a guy who live by his words.. LONG back when Redmi Note 3 was released I bought 4 for my family then after a year there was no support as Redmi Note 4G was released and they had some Legal issues with Qualcom. But then that was not my fault.. still I paid for those phones and I didnt get any support.. Since that day till today.. I never buy any Xiomi product.. I dont even recommend it to any.... People who cant support their products why buy those products.

Maybe now OP too is landing into that category.. I dont care for customers.. there are many and I can lose any..

Thanks
    One frustrated customer without any updates

legendary_knight likes this.
  15. bikram74
    Eclair May 31, 2020

We dont even have any expected Date...after searching..... waiting for soo long ..... SALE starts on 29May... on 28th MAY.. we saw COMING SOON..

legendary_knight likes this.
  16. bikram74
    Eclair May 31, 2020

I fell that you should search Internet... you have better chance of infro from there.. as the SNEAKERS and LEAKERS.. have more Info about release that OP themselves..

Thast from where I always got my updates from.

Search key words which I used " Oneplus 8 Pro India Sale Date" thats when I got 29 May initially and on 28th May got Delayed Date as Amazon/OP sites were not showing OP8 Pro or any info on its next day sale.

karvermas likes this.