EU VAT Receipts

1. bassopt
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2015

bassopt , Nov 11, 2015 :
    You are wrong. No VAT in included on one plus price. They only pay for import duties themselves for you! As i told on my previous post ALL international purchases outside a specific Economical space like the EU or US are VAT free. Destination countries decide what to charge if it's not paid in advance by the seller.

zaphod-beeblebrox likes this.
  2. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 11, 2015

superplus , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Thread moved from 'Devices' > 'OP X' since this isn't a question about the actual device.

3. nulldotzero
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

nulldotzero , Nov 11, 2015 :
    What I meant was that they charge you a higher price to compensate for the VAT they are going to pay when they import the phone. If they don't pay it, you will have to. If you compare price in dollars and euros you will see the difference.

rarog and rikardo1979 like this.
  4. rarog
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Nov 11, 2015

rarog , Nov 11, 2015 :
    This is 100% correct. You can only contact support to get a correct invoice with their address. With this you still will be able to write it off correctly.

5. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Nov 11, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Cool. Apologies for starting this in the wrong section.

Ceasedd likes this.
  6. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 11, 2015

superplus , Nov 11, 2015 :
    no worries :D

rarog and Ceasedd like this.
  7. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Finally a good reply

superplus and rarog like this.
  8. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 12, 2015 :
    If import, importer pays vat.
    Vat can then be deducted when resold.

9. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Import tax is then vat'ed.
    So this still looks shady.

And this shuld be added to items:
    Upload did not work, will retry.
    Now with new browser it works, op forum needs specific browser
    _20151112_054206~2~2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

10. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Nov 12, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Well not much more to be said then I think. I will post the response I get from support though when I get it
    But I don't think vat is added to one plus. purchases as they are not vat registered. I am hopeful that one plus will confirm in my ticket I raised.

11. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Everything is vat'ed here, but it differs on each region in eu as its local tax laws.
    I'm still sceptical on op is doing it correctly, but i cant say yay or nay as all facts are not clear.
    If buy item in cn, then its local vat laws that is in play, and importers pay it, if op have no company in eu then the buyer shuld pay and the yellow sticker should be added if taxes was not payed on importing it, aka by a middle hand.
    The whole thing is in grey area for all company's selling to eu as depending on so many things.
    But i doubt the paying on local vat as it differs by 20% at least in eu then prices shuld reflect it.

Still funny that this is unclear in general when importing from cn after so many years, i been importing from cn during 30 years...

12. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Nov 12, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Actually it is illegal in the EU to charge customers VAT if the business is not VAT registered which is why I am pretty sure that no VAT is paid on purchases from Oneplus.

13. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 13, 2015 :
    Then importer / buyer shuld pay it.
    Or it get the yellow sticker if tax is not payed despite it sent from inside eu.

14. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Nov 13, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Nov 13, 2015 :
    No. Suppliers dont pay VAT. Consumers pay VAT. VAT is a consumer/sales tax.

15. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Nov 13, 2015

I got a response from Oneplus with regards this

"
    Good day! Please note our devices are processed through an authorized distributor based in Hong Kong; unfortunately, with our current logistics structure, we will not be able to provide a VAT tax invoice for you.
    Hope you understand.

Best regards
    Ning"

Unfortunately, the specific questions were not really answered, but this is as good as it gets I guess.

16. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 13, 2015 :
    No,
    As customer you pay it when importing it. Sender of devices have nothing to do with any taxes or vat unless sales are done inside eu aka the money recipient is eu based.

That is why i still stand by my earlier statements until otherwise proven.

17. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 13, 2015 :
    I sorta says what i believed it to be.
    There are no tax or vat payed as sales done in cn, and the buyer shuld pay it when importing it.
    And box shuld have the yellow sticker that states its not payed.

18. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Nov 13, 2015

Lol. The trouble is the answer given doesnt answer the questions asked. Oneplus cannot pay VAT, as they are not VAT registered. The can pay import tax, which is a different tax from VAT. All of this is really guess work. I was hoping for Oneplus to add some clarity here, but it doesnt look like we are going to get it. I'll ask Customs and Excise maybe.
    If purchasing a Oneplus device does make the purchaser liable for any tax, then Oneplus should make purchasers aware of this.
    Without clarity from Oneplus this will just continue to bubble..

19. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2015

tEf0o , Nov 14, 2015 :
    Yup, why buying is unclear on the vat/tax as information is missing.

Other cn company's are selling without tax being payed. Like marking boxes as gifts or samples.
    The backside with that is the buyers might get taxes added in customs. That always happens if buy from usa as postal boxer are correctly marked.

20. MATALIA
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2015

MATALIA , Dec 8, 2015 :
    OnePlus refuse to provide VAT invoices for the UK. They claimed UK VAT was paid.
    I contacted DHL and they informed me my shipment was a baby airway bill and no import duty or VAT was paid as it was under the limits. When I stated the phone cost almost £210 including delivery, they were shocked. This indicates fraud and declaring goods at lower values. They are considering banning the importer. I have reported OnePlus to HMRC.

If I was sent a phone undervalued, they did not send me what I paid for. I have asked to send my phone back or refund the claimed VAT as I will be liable in the UK. I cannot involved in the possibility of import fraud. I may open a PayPal dispute.