Eclair Nov 16, 2019

teopanta1 likes this.
  3. teopanta1
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

GhstWrtr likes this.
  4. GhstWrtr
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

GhstWrtr , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 17, 2019 :
    The models mainly differ in the frequencies they support. IIRC they should be mostly the same, but some rarer bands may not be included (like 25 or 32). Check which LTE bands your provider uses.

Apart from that... the usual precautions for ordering something from China I guess. ^^

teopanta1 and BeingIncog like this.
  5. teopanta1
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

GhstWrtr likes this.
  6. GhstWrtr
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

They do have different software (HydrogenOS), but you can just download the version for your region from the official OnePlus website and flash it, there are instructions from other users who did it online. Some vendors also may flash the international ROM version before shipping (which in turn means that they open your box beforehand... some people might not like that).

The wall plug would likely be a Chinese variant, which again some vendors mitigate by also shipping with a matching adapter. In case yours doesn't you may want to buy one yourself.

Warranty is also a complicated story with imported smartphones, but I'm guessing that you knew that already.

teopanta1 likes this.
  7. teopanta1
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

GhstWrtr likes this.
  8. GhstWrtr
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

tl;dr: I like it. Great performance, good battery life and insane charging speed. No regrets buying this so far.

I will just refer to the majority of threads here in the forums to avoid writing a full-fletched review:
    1) Yes, my display is also unevenly lit in low brightness settings, but that's OLED lottery imho. It's clear OnePlus didn't go for the highest tier of A+ panels when building this device. I guess those were taken for the Pro variant. For me it's not very noticable.
    2) Screen-on time has been 8-10 hours for me so far. I mainly browse the web and read ebooks though, so ymmv. Those stories about subpar battery life you see can be mostly attributed to poorly optimised third-party-apps I think.
    3) I'm not really a camera person so I can't really say anything about its quality compared to other devices. I did notice a small delay when taking photos though (~half a second), other phones would take them instantaneously.

9. teopanta1
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

teopanta1 , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 17, 2019 :
    1) Yes, my display is also unevenly lit in low brightness settings, but that's OLED lottery imho. It's clear OnePlus didn't go for the highest tier of A+ panels when building this device. I guess those were taken for the Pro variant. For me it's not very noticable.

Hm what oneplus said about this issue is hardware problem or it is software problem which it is going to do it with future update?

10. GhstWrtr
    Eclair Nov 17, 2019

It's a hardware issue, but it's not exclusive to this model rather than something inherent to OLED displays. Just google "OLED uniformity" or "OLED banding" and you'll get results for iPhones, Samsung and LG phones, OLED TVs etc. as well. Manufacturing and quality of the panel used seem to be the reasons. Some do it better, some get lucky; it's called the panel lottery.
    Again, for me it's not very noticable as it affects uniformly grey images on low brightness settings which I rarely use.

teopanta1 likes this.