Even CARL tires of constant nitpicking (Display options forthcoming on next OTA)

1. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 21, 2016

malidan , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Yes I remember you saying you favoured IOS.
    They may soon to become obsolete in flagships if Qualcomm don't sort out their power hungry SOC's.

2. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jun 22, 2016

dcmcc24 , Jun 22, 2016 :
    @Carl closed my thread because it was negative against the OnePlus 3 screen, but here is proof that the quality of screen is not up to snuff. I'm not a OnePlus hater either by the way. I've bought the OP1, OP2, and now OP3. The screen hurts my eyes to look at and it is not a true 1080P panel. 1080P pentile displays are not true 1080P. Only green is 1080p and the other colors are a lower resolution.

OnePlus 3

[​IMG]

iPhone 6S Plus 1080p 5.5 inch IPS

[​IMG]

aneesimran, Linanc7 and Eshan_Anand like this.
  3. craZDude
    Eclair Jun 22, 2016

craZDude , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Well said! People were complaining about every little thing when if you actually read the majority of reviews, most people really love the screen.

4. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Jun 22, 2016

Carl , Jun 22, 2016 :
    It depends on what you mean by "true". The diamond pentile arrangement gives it an effective resolution 2/3 of a RGB layout found on LCD displays. The Optic AMOLED on OnePlus 3 is still in class with the best 1080p AMOLED displays on the market today.

aneesimran, RonaldM, ikaspab and 5 others like this.
  5. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jun 22, 2016

nyzproof333 , Jun 22, 2016 :
    I get notifications perfectly on my 6P while in doze and also my 7 Edge. Confused?

Radeon962 likes this.
  6. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jun 22, 2016

nyzproof333 , Jun 22, 2016 :
    So it's marketing schematics regarding the display being 1080p? I'm a noob on this so educate me.

Radeon962 likes this.
  7. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2016

Bradon H , Jun 22, 2016 :
    To be fair, the fact that you like sRGB tuning doesn't necessarily mean it's not a niche requirement. Perhaps you are the niche? :)

That said, we're always trying to make the OnePlus experience as open and customizable as possible, and we are always listening to your feedback. This is why we are working on adding an sRGB option in our next OTA.

8. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 22, 2016

lkosova , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Sbooth. This is the most logical and well thought out response I have read in a long time including my own.........OP needs to hire you!

kyoudai and sbooth like this.
  9. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jun 22, 2016

dcmcc24 , Jun 22, 2016 :
    The issue becomes when you are using this type of screen for a phone at 5.5 inches. The lower resolution becomes noticeable coming from your previous phones that were true 1080P. As seen in my pictures it isn't as sharp and less clear. Also I have no doubt it is one of the top 1080P amoleds screens out right now, but how many current phones are actually using 1080P amoled screens, especially at 5.5 inches?

The phone, other than the screen is top notch from what I've used of it, but I'm going to have to return it unfortunately, because the screen hurts my eyes and gives me headaches making it unusable. I really wanted to love it and I've bought multiple OnePlus phones from you guys.

kpmak, Pratish Pomal and Eshan_Anand like this.
  10. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 22, 2016

lkosova , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Jerry....what monster have you created?

BTW- VR is so 2016. AR is the future:p:p

jimberkas and jerrymilton like this.
  11. sbooth
    US Brand Ambassador Jun 22, 2016

sbooth , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Thanks for the kind words.

Scott-

12. Jamesmcd
    Froyo Jun 22, 2016

13. Retchey
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2016

Retchey , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Maybe stop all the hype then..... Flag ship killers really, really, release your products without the "ego" I love oneplus devices, I have all of them.... But maybe oneplus need to stop trying to knock Samsung, LG, etc etc. And create a marketing campaign suitable for a fantastic product at a fantastic price... I will always support OP but drop the bull s*it marketing and take a much more egotistical approach to the product.

kpmak and Pratish Pomal like this.
  14. sbooth
    US Brand Ambassador Jun 22, 2016

sbooth , Jun 22, 2016 :
    I am not going to challenge your conclusion or feelings on this specific matter regarding your OP3, but I would be so bold as to make the following bet with you -

I bet if after a week of you NOT looking at any IPS or AMOLED displays, I could put you in an empty room with (2) 5.5" 1080p IPS and (2) 5.5" 1080p AMOLED displays from both Samsung and Phillips (or LG if you prefer) for a period of (3) minutes and you would not be able to tell the difference or experience any physical effects between either technology.

My point is sometimes we allow our subconscious minds to control our physical perception of the world around us; including our interactions with those gadgets we like to use every day to hopefully make our lives easier.

At any rate, for the price and features offered, I am happy with the OP3 and have experienced no eye strain or functional "bugs" in any category related to the hardware and software. I must be lucky...naa... :rolleyes:

Scott-

Hassan_Abdul and Helbro like this.
  15. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jun 22, 2016

dcmcc24 , Jun 22, 2016 :
    I would easily be able to notice the difference, because their are inherent pros and cons with each technology that are noticeable to me upon viewing. By the way, I did not go into purchasing the OnePlus 3 subconciously hoping or thinking it would have a bad screen. There would be no reason for it. The only thing I knew when I bought the phone were the positive reviews out there. At the time I purchased there were only a couple of reviews available, both of which were positive. I wanted to love this phone and keep it for a long time. @Carl is doing wonderful things by opening it up to the mod community and being more open. It brings me back to fond memories of the OnePlus One days. Unfortunately I can't enjoy the phone when the screen gives me headaches literally.

16. inffy
    Nordics POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 22, 2016

inffy , Jun 22, 2016 :
    There wasn't a Flagship killer slogan this year, so your point is not valid

17. nobelium76
    KitKat Jun 22, 2016

nobelium76 , Jun 22, 2016 :
    I think its about time to check your mail ;)

dcmcc24 likes this.
  18. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean Jun 22, 2016

jerrymilton , Jun 22, 2016 :
    if the OP3 gives you headaches and hurts your eyes...as someone pointed out on this thread, to the point where they say they're returning the phone, I'm thinking your next item on their to-do list should be an eye doctor appt no ? haha. Jeez people.

As for the whole "I bought this phone expecting it to be sRGB accurate, Adobe tuned" as though it was some highend UltraSharp Dell display like I use for photoshop, uhh hello, really ? Adobe sRBG is not the kind of computer monitor most folks would say "looks good" if asked next to a more pleasing on the eyes display ...yes it is accurate, but unforgiving to how UGLY the real world is, haha...which is why TV flatscreens don't even TRY to do such a thing. again making mountains out of a mole hill. I appreciate @Carl continues feedback as well as other staff folks on the feed. Few cell phone companies out there would be so responsive to input so quickly, end of story.

19. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Jun 22, 2016

20. inffy
    Nordics POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 22, 2016

Sahilkum, Ceasedd and rarog like this.