Everything Nexus 6

1. evilmititis
    Jelly Bean May 24, 2014

evilmititis , May 24, 2014 :
    I have to agree. Motorola came out with some fantastic phones (Moto X/G)...
    To have them develop a Nexus would have been insane! With the voice features in the Moto X, I would have died from excitement...

filthyfilthyfil likes this.
  2. MadRus
    Froyo May 24, 2014

MadRus , May 24, 2014 :
    You can kiss or you can lick however it won't get you invite.By the way OPPO7a has got big problem with quality of displays.Both phones produced by the same factory.

3. toushiro
    Gingerbread May 24, 2014

toushiro , May 24, 2014 :
    Probably Nexus 6 will be last of nexus series and it will be replaced by android sliver

4. rickneworleansla
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2014

5. Cholo*
    Gingerbread May 24, 2014

6. Hype
    Honeycomb May 24, 2014

Hype , May 24, 2014 :
    I applied to the statement of Sundar Pichai some time ago as well. That's why I don't believe the rumors of trolls so I am shure that the nexus 6 will be released until Google says something else.

7. marteebee
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2014

8. androiduser12
    Honeycomb May 24, 2014

androiduser12 , May 24, 2014 :
    Nexus 6 Appears Dead

Earlier in the year, it looked like the Nexus 6 was on the same path as the Nexus 5. Nexus 5 rumors began swirling in the beginning of 2013 and even correctly pointed to LG as the device’s manufacturer. Nexus 6 rumors also emerged in the weeks after the Nexus 5 launch and they also pointed in LG’s direction.
    [​IMG]

In fact, several reports suggested that the Nexus 6 would be based on the LG G3, LG’s upcoming flagship. The rumors, coincidentally or not, emerged during Mobile World Congress, the same conference where Google’s Sundar Pichai told the media that a Nexus smartphone launch would not take place during the first half of the year.
    Earlier this month, the Nexus 6 name was spotted next to the rumored name of Google’s next tablet, the Nexus 8. This fueled rumors but didn’t confirm anything. Then, last weekend happened.
    Over the weekend, the well-sourced Evan “evleaks” Blass announced that the Nexus 6 was dead and that the company would instead be shifting to its rumored Android Silver program. This is not the first time that we’ve heard rumors point to the Nexus programs demise.
    [​IMG]
    Earlier this year, Mobile-Review blogger Eldar Murtazin suggested that the Nexus linewould not be around in 2015, something that was echoed by a report from The Information. So while signs pointed to the end of the Nexus program, they did not, until this past weekend, point to the end coming in 2014.
    evleaks’ track record is solid and at this point, those hoping to buy a Nexus 6 this year should temper their expectations going forward. While nothing is confirmed, it appears that Google may have simply decided to kill off the Nexus smartphone brand ahead of schedule and prepare for battle in 2015.

Android Silver

Here’s what we know so far about Android Silver. Android Silver will reportedly be aimed at the high-end market, targeting Apple’s iPhone. It will evidently be open to several manufacturers which means that we could see several different devices on shelves at once. LG, unsurprisingly, is rumored to be one of the companies involved. So is Motorola.
    Intel suggests that devices that fall under the Android Silver umbrella will get quick software updates, will offer high-end hardware, and will launch in the United States, Germany and Japan. The report also suggests that Google will pump in its own money to market these devices and ensure that they get the attention they need. In other words, while they may not carry the Nexus name, they will apparently be very similar to Google’s previous Nexus devices.

Release Pegged for February

All of the information thus far puts the first Android Silver device, or devices, in the first part of 2015 not 2014. evleaks claims that the first devices will arrive in February of next year, or shortly after the Nexus 5 turns a year old. This represents a wide gap and it’s not clear if Google intends to plug it up with other devices.
    [​IMG]
    The company does host a number of Google Play Edition devices on its Play Store so it could be that the company relies on these devices to ward off competition from devices like the iPhone 6. Perhaps it will simply keep the Nexus 5 on shelves. The Nexus 5 is still an extremely solid smartphone option and it’s one of the best unlocked smartphone options on the market.

First Android Silver Devices

While LG may not be making a Nexus 6, it does appear as though it will be producing a smartphone for the Android Silver line. evleaks claims that the company is working on a device running a next-gen Qualcomm MSM8994 processor. It’s expected to be among the first Android Silver devices and it’s expected to land for Sprint, at the very least.
    Motorola has been mentioned as another possible manufacturer involved in the Android Silver program and given the close relationships that companies like HTC and Sony have forged with Google, we could perhaps see them join the likes of LG and Motorola in the first part of the new year.

9. Dave Weinstein
    Gingerbread May 24, 2014

Dave Weinstein , May 24, 2014 :
    Lest we forget that when it comes to certification levels, "silver" is usually at the bottom or middle between "bronze", " gold", and "platinum".

I can't help but think that "silver" requires timely updates to the latest OS, so what will gold and platinum require? Perhaps a "pure Google" experience and/or advanced hardware?

This switch is about widening the effects of a Nexus-like program, and simultaneously expanding the leverage Google had to pressure manufacturers and carriers into compliance.

We all know how much Samsung LOVES Touchwiz, despite hard data that does that customers actively avoid their "value added" apps. It will require a LOT of pressure to get them to change.

10. sommersy
    KitKat May 24, 2014

11. Vinkel
    Jelly Bean May 24, 2014

12. derjonathan
    Gingerbread May 24, 2014

derjonathan , May 24, 2014 :
    I think the nexus era will be over and android silver will come soon, but i highly doubt these devices will be as cheap as the nexus line

13. Darz
    Gingerbread May 24, 2014

Darz , May 24, 2014 :
    I think that nexus series is dead. Probably will see a "android silver series" in differents brands like google play editions with some differencies between the principal model and this.

14. Mortuza
    Froyo Jun 2, 2014

Mortuza , Jun 2, 2014 :
    As a big Nexus fan I feel the need to start this thread. Owning a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. I was almost in tears when I chose to smash my Nexus 5 when signing up for One Plus One. So I was hoping you guys can contribute with the latest news of the coming Nexus phones or tablets with comments or links. After all, we all are android fans here :)

nexus-5-35828372-6361.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

15. Deactivated User
    Jun 2, 2014

liamandren and networkdood like this.
  16. LarryS
    Donut Jun 2, 2014

SanjifR3 and networkdood like this.
  17. xraysean
    Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2014

xraysean , Jun 2, 2014 :
    Why did you smash your phone?

And did you know there are rumors the nexus line is no more?

networkdood likes this.
  18. MagicGlock
    Gingerbread Jun 2, 2014

networkdood likes this.
  19. Ellyria
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2014

Ellyria , Jun 2, 2014 :
    I think there's a rumour that there won't be a Nexus 6 anymore? And the next Google phones will be the Silver line?

networkdood likes this.
  20. na5m
    Jelly Bean Jun 2, 2014

na5m , Jun 2, 2014 :
    I think you have a mild concussion :p