Everything you need to know: OnePlus 7 Pro Popups

1. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member May 9, 2019

Ruby G., May 9, 2019 :
    Can't answer for EU, but for US popups, there will only be the OnePlus 7 Pro.

2. L3royJenkins Cupcake May 9, 2019

L3royJenkins, May 9, 2019 :
    So from the pier, cross town to the pop up event ???? Seems counter-intuitive...Like.. why am I going to the launch event to then go to a pop up... Just go straight to the pop up.. LIke I know I'm getting the phone.. I don't know.. seems like a launch event is either an announcement for a sell date or you'd want to get these items into the hands of those right then and there. *shrug*

3. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member May 9, 2019

Ruby G., May 9, 2019 :
    Trade in question will be addressed in a later forum post, by the end of this week at the latest. For unlocked devices at the popup, we mention it directly in each popup description whether there are unlocked. Since these popups are at T-Mobile, majority will be T-Mobile variants.

4. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 9, 2019

FlixbusLennart, May 9, 2019 :
    Blame Joachim lol

manuel19 likes this.
  5. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member May 9, 2019

Ruby G., May 9, 2019 :
    Are there any companies in the smartphone industry that have the option to buy directly at their keynote event site? Launch event is more of an educational/celebration experience with keynote presentations + interactive experience zones. Popup is of a purchase point + giveaways.

6. Sanki3581 Cupcake May 9, 2019

JayAshokbhaiPatel likes this.
  7. G_Mark_Jones_EFFs Cupcake May 9, 2019

aris and JayAshokbhaiPatel like this.
  8. DINRILLAS Cupcake May 9, 2019

9. Max_Henderson Gingerbread May 9, 2019

TessiEM and MichAssel92 like this.
  10. AdmrlHippr Cupcake May 9, 2019

AdmrlHippr, May 9, 2019 :
    Big bummer and surprised that there is no pop up event in Washington DC. Would have totally gone :(

Would have been my first One Plus event. Been a lurker for a while and ready to jump into the community with an event. Would have done a video feature as well for my website blog and YouTube channel

11. meatandy Oreo May 9, 2019

meatandy, May 9, 2019 :
    Wow , Oneplus is canvassing the States.

12. jpgu Froyo May 9, 2019

xxNicoxx likes this.
  13. JayAshokbhaiPatel Gingerbread May 9, 2019

14. Alaymp Cupcake May 9, 2019

Alaymp, May 9, 2019 :
    Is it guaranteed that there will be unlocked oneplus? I was 10th in the line during oneplus 6t event. No one knew exactly what they were doing. The t-mobile associates were like "no we don't have unlocked" while oneplus associates were like "they have 200 unlocked". I waited there thinking I'll get it but nope. And also will it work on Verizon?

15. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member May 9, 2019

Ruby G., May 9, 2019 :
    Thanks for the feedback. Please reference our official information only for unlocked devices. Personal opinion is that if you are 100% set on the unlocked version, then order it from oneplus.com on open sales day.

Btw Trade in program details are up on the website - https://www.oneplus.com/trade-in#address/edit
    Unlocked versions will work with Verizon.

Plenkske and jlasensiofi like this.
  16. nathaneous Gingerbread May 9, 2019

17. DigiMat Cupcake May 9, 2019

DigiMat, May 9, 2019 :
    Will there be some accessories too in the popup stores? I will definitly try to go Paris one, even if it will be hard, working at 12 pm x)

18. Joel B Honeycomb May 9, 2019

19. lkosova Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2019

lkosova, May 9, 2019 :
    Awesome coming to Chicago. Which building is it specifically? It's not t-mobile store is it?

I want the OP7 direct from OP not a t-mobile version of the phone even though I have t-mobile

20. ajaik Cupcake May 9, 2019

ajaik, May 9, 2019 :
    Yeah, Im with you @L3royJenkins. It feels like no one has thought through the (very real) possibility that people going to the launch event will want to buy a OnePlus 7 the same day. I live in NYC and last year went to the popup event a few hours early to make sure I didn't miss out on buying the 6. This year I wanted to attend the launch event so I got a ticket, but the launch event is on a pier on the west side while the popup store is over mile away in midtown. Its gonna take time to go across town to get to the popup. Moreover, the launch event is scheduled to end at 2pm - exactly the same time the popup store opens. By the time we get over there, I imagine there will be a huge line. 'Great'.

This timing makes people wonder if they should leave the launch event early or maybe even skip it entirely to get to the popup store early enough. Launch events are exciting but you know what's more exciting? Actually owning the device on launch day

On a related note, the partnership with T-Mobile is great and I realize its important from a business perspective in the US to be partnered with a national carrier, but it means we won't have access to unlocked devices right? I mean that for me (and I imagine many people) is a major selling point for buying a OnePlus, so its a lost option for people that want to get their hands on a 7 on launch day.

So yeah, the launch this year is not as good as last year for several reasons.

retal_to likes this.