Exchange contact not syncing to car via BT

1. evi.koen
    Donut Dec 18, 2015

evi.koen , Dec 18, 2015 :
    Not able to get contacts from Exchange (outlook app) or native gmail mail app synced with car kit. To get at least the sim contacts synced I had to buy the Bluetooth phonebook app..
    Please include in next build...

2. danielbrierton
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2015

danielbrierton , Dec 18, 2015 :
    +1, have this same problem. Never had the problem with any other phone. It also fails to sync my call logs (made/received/missed calls). It's especially annoying as I have to call a number to open the gate to my apartment block. I have to stop, pull out my phone and call the number. With my old phone I could be calling it as I'm approaching the turn.

3. evi.koen
    Donut Dec 18, 2015

4. david costa
    Eclair Dec 18, 2015

5. xkovi
    Eclair Dec 19, 2015

xkovi , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Bluetooth Phonebook app solves the problem for now...both Exchange and Google contacts are synchronized correctly right now but of course it's a sad story if we need to buy an app to enable our phones using such a basic functionality like the BT synchronization with car HF is...

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. billq
    Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2015

billq , Dec 19, 2015 :
    It's a no bloatware phone the idea of it is to use your own and not manufacturers bloatware choices . well that's the general point but if you want all the ztuff ready installed there's Samsung's massivly bloated take on android

Tokolozi likes this.
  7. Rogier123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2015

Rogier123 , Dec 19, 2015 :
    What a bull****. Bad Bluetooth stack has nothing to do with bloatware nor apps. Your old Nokia 6100 even has a better Bluetooth stack. It's bad programming from OP.

8. billq
    Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2015

billq , Dec 19, 2015 :
    It's about your choice this op is about your own decisions its not about what other phones its your personalised item .

9. Rogier123

Sweet naive person. I do hope that in the future you spend money on something which is faulty and you're upset about it. I do hope its something expensive. Maybe a car. Please tell me if you do, so I can just comment by saying that it was your choice to buy it. :rolleyes:

henkebe, xkovi, Swatpt and 1 other person like this.
  10. billq
    Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2015

billq , Dec 19, 2015 :
    If I do and when I have done I simply get a new one I've got 3 op mobiles all work and have done with all my cars the only one needing sorting being the Mercedes commander unit that the dealer updated its software to Bluetooth 4 . so the op2 would load contacts . and I'm far from sweet and nieve but would love to think so . thanks tho for thinking of me this way .

11. Rogier123

Seems like you got to much money! I just got one phone and one car.

12. billq
    Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2015

billq , Dec 19, 2015 :
    It's all relative I consider I don't have enough . I've had many phones and cars the thing I like about the op is its personalised totally to me apps I need use only ect and I'm the same with cars . they have differant purposes so I have more than one . tho in the end I only drive one at once lol

13. xkovi
    Eclair Dec 19, 2015

xkovi , Dec 19, 2015 :
    To Billq - sorry man but probably you've been totally misled otherwise I really can't imagine how could anybody use such a stupid argument... As already said by Rogier, the faulty BT has really nothing to do with bloatware and similar bullshits aka "take android by Samsung"...

I've used several Samsung and HTC devices...always switched very soon to tens of custom ROMs based on either pure AOSP android or various versions of CM...but I've NEVER had any issues with connection via BT to my business cars (usually VW or Skoda)...

One last comment...OP itself wants us to consider this brand as a flagship killer...have u ever seen any flagship from Samsung, Sony, LG or Apple to have issues when connecting to your BT HF in a car? This was really silly statement from you, sorry... I do understand what you probably wanted to say but it has nothing to do with basic functionality like synchronization with BT HF or similar core features which have been present in (smart)phones at least for 10 yrs so far ;-)

So, let's hope this stupid issue will be fixed in next firmware update... For now, I can live either with BT Phonebook app or being connected via usb cable and using Android Auto mode... ;-)

Axevictim likes this.
  14. billq
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2015

billq , Dec 20, 2015 :
    Just to say for the cost of an upgrade Renault will make older Renault's work on new phones also work with I phones as will Mercedes . sorry I have not had any Skoda vw group cars but they are prone to exaggerating there cars specs and abilities:eek::rolleyes:
    I will say this I've not had a car in the last 2 years that op phones didn't Bluetooth to fullyexcept the Mercedes Benz which unusually for Mercedes they did my commander system for free. All the other cars I had Jeep chryser bently range rover all worked or still work fine

15. xkovi
    Eclair Dec 20, 2015

xkovi , Dec 20, 2015 :
    Well, but regarding the fact Volkswagen is the biggest car producer in the world I'd definitely involve their cars into "compatibility list" if I were a smartphone producer ;-) And as I said, this is the first time I have an Android phone (from low end up to the flagships from HTC and Samsung) which is not fully compatible with "standard" BT HF built in VW branded cars...

This is definitely a very stupid issue about OP, especially taking into the consideration neither OPX or OPT are (or at least don't want to be perceived as) low-end Android phones... Finally, let's wait for the next upgrade (hope we won't need to wait for Marshmallow and they will fix this yet with Lollipop...)...

16. chebbie
    Donut Dec 21, 2015

chebbie , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Same problem... hope a future patch comes soon to fix this. Very annoying and because of it, I can't work hands free as well in the car which affects safety.

17. Axevictim
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2015

18. akxyz
    Eclair Dec 21, 2015

akxyz , Dec 21, 2015 :
    things like this should of been easily fixed in one of one plus updates but they neglect to acknowledge this issue. It should be an easy fix since this issue is only rampant in oxygen os.

my take jus wait for cm or custom roms and then ull be able to use the device to its potential. Until then #keepsettling.

19. adririquelme
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2015

jcsgarcia likes this.
  20. adririquelme
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2015