Exclamation mark appear on cellular data icon

1. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 1, 2017

ramulavari.82 , Aug 1, 2017 :
    hello all

I have oneplus 3t bought from US. Now i am in India and using Airtel service provider. For the past one week I am unable to access net thru mobile data icon, an exclamation mark appears near cellular signal. When I connect wifi the exclamation mark disappear. when I turn off wifi, the exclamation mark again appear near the cellular network. it's annoying.

I tried below option from net but no use.

1. Rebooting my mob
    2. turn on/off airplane mode.
    3. delete existing APN and restore to default
    4. removed sim.. reboot.. inserted.. but no use

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

thank you.

2. Anuraj26
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2017

Anuraj26 , Aug 1, 2017 :
    have u checked it with your operator?? data services are active on your number or not??
    do one thing call customer care and ask them to activate the default data pack on your number once they confirm the same restart your phone after 5-10min n see if you are able to use the data or not.if yes call customer care again and ask them to subscribe you to watevr data pack you want to enroll into.

3. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 1, 2017

ramulavari.82 , Aug 1, 2017 :
    thanks Anuraj. Yes I have enrolled for 4g data. the same sim if I place it in another phone works good but when I place in op 3t exclamation marks appear. I called the service provider they informed that data pack is on.

4. Cosmos_NT
    KitKat Aug 1, 2017

Cosmos_NT , Aug 1, 2017 :
    I get a x on that sim card which is set to use data stays until device is connected to Internet...

I had Google Android One it had same ! exclamation mark over signal... and it's saying that Your Internet connection is off ... either turning on wifi or the mobile data (3G/4G) will make that disappear ...

5. SourabhJain1997
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2017

SourabhJain1997 , Aug 1, 2017 :
    The Exclamation Mark Near The Sim Card Signal Represents That The Mobile Data Is On Off/ Phone Doesn't Have Active Data Connection. switch off WiFi and turn on mobile data and the exclamation mark will disappear. its not a thing to worry about. its a useful thing

6. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

ramulavari.82 , Aug 2, 2017 :
    thanks.. when mobile data is 'on' that exclamation mark appears.. and I will have no access to Internet.. no luck

7. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

thanks Saurabh.. when I switch off wifi and turn on mobile data the exclamation mark appears and I will not have access to Internet

rushup likes this.
  8. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

no luck yet.. this exclamation mark on my cellular data icon not allowing to access Internet... any one facing similar issue? any solution / tips greatly appreciated...

9. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

10. G_Alejandro_Fernández_F
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

Shubham_Ag. likes this.
  11. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

thanks ... I tried but no luck..

12. G_Alejandro_Fernández_F
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

G_Alejandro_Fernández_F , Aug 2, 2017 :
    Dont think is the phone only problem.
    Call Airtel, ask them for the apn settings and configure it manually. Maybe you're missing something although it was supposed to be done automatically.
    Good luck.

13. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

14. leo98918
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2017

15. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

16. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

this sound weird but I noticed my mobile balance was over... I recharged my mobile by adding little amount to my account and the exclamation mark got disappear...
    thank you ALL for pitching in and sharing your tips for resolution. Very much appreciate your gesture of being kind.

17. G_Alejandro_Fernández_F
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

G_Alejandro_Fernández_F , Aug 2, 2017 :
    If you have limited data plan, check the updates and download settings. Set them to WiFi only. You can also set a data warning.

18. Cosmos_NT
    KitKat Aug 2, 2017

Cosmos_NT , Aug 2, 2017 :
    another thing I found that if there is "CONNECTED BUT NO INTERNET" is there in Mobile data ... it will show exclamation and same is true for wifi

19. ramulavari.82
    Donut Aug 2, 2017

I have 1gb data plan per day + unlimited local + unlimited std but still don't know why no internet access and why that exclamation marks appear...

20. Cosmos_NT
    KitKat Aug 2, 2017

Cosmos_NT , Aug 2, 2017 :
    then try re-inserting SIM card you may need to save the internet setting provided by operator sometimes it fixes the issue or try other sim with data and check if that works you probably need to watch out for customer service center

and exclamation is there for 2 reason if I talk about Stock Android then it's for no internet connection on the device stays forever and other than that no internet connection -- same as you said

moreover if you see H+ or LTE over sim with ! then there is no internet connection and also same for wifi... if it disappear you will be able to use

for me sometime waiting (because service provider may have some issue with network) and / or rebooting device works fine