1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Sahil_lihas
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

Q1572331463736 likes this.
  2. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2020

Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 10, 2020 :
    It will be eventually, but not at first.

In the States, mail service is still running, not sure about other countries.

3. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2020

2pints , Apr 10, 2020 :
    The physical aspect of the lockdown(s) is one thing, the economical aspect is another.
    Even when the current pandemic is history, its effects will still be felt people will be facing uncertain times with their jobs, income streams will be under pressure and consumer confidence will remain low, and many countries will be looking at a recesion.

In the BBC news article, linked to above it states that smartphone sales are at a record low, with shipments falling by 38% in February compared to the same period last year ( Year on year)
    For a company like oneplus that has been seen as offering high spec devices at a low price point, stepping away from this with headlines such as "one plus to launch most expensive device yet" will not do them any favours in terms of sales.

As for the likes of Samusng and Apple, these brands are what i would call 'safe harbour brands' they may be mainstream but as a result of this people know what they will get.
    For example, I have a Oneplus 6T, a Friend has a Samsung S10, and another friend has an Iphone 8.
    All three of us have dropped our devices and broken the screen so we decide to go to the nearest shopping area to find a phone shop, get our devices repaired and pick up a few accessories such as a protective phone case screen protector and so on, Iphone no problem - phone repaired, Samsung again no problem, repair services found and much cheaper and quicker then sending them, and relying upon a third party courier to get them to a repair centre.
    protective cases and screen protectors also easy to find with plenty of choice.
    Try the repair and accessories hunt with a oneplus device

Q1572331463736 and Dobsonov like this.
  4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Also, the same was said when 7/7pro launched... "they will loose market share in India", and still it becom the best selling oneplus device in India...

Here is a free ecomomics lesson: change phone only every 24-36months and you can afford a more expensive device

5. om_007
    Eclair Apr 10, 2020

om_007 , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    This time it's gonna be a hard time for OnePlus..(if the prices are as same as the leaked ones ).And it's NEVER SETTLE thing will be gone forever

G.Madhusudhan and Q1572331463736 like this.
  6. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2020

Chinda , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Actually OnePlus NEVER SETTLE slogan stood for never settling regarding hardware, software, build quality. It was never about low prices, quite a lot of people misunderstand the meaning of the NEVER SETTLE slogan.

Pete and Carl said right from the beginning they want to build up to releasing phones that are as good as IPhone's, Samsung Galaxy's build wise, hardware wise including the camera's. With OnePlus own take on software oxygen OS that is as good or better than stock Android.

OnePlus 8 Pro is finally on par in every department compared to the leading flagships Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Huawei P40 Pro, Apple IPhone 11 Pro Max. Flagship phone's aren't cheap to make so I personally find the OnePlus 8 Pro price reasonable if it is around £900. As for the regular OnePlus 8 I think that is overpriced if its priced at around £700, with a average performing main camera sensor plus old slower LPDDR4X RAM.

7. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Let's see in a few months :)

8. om_007
    Eclair Apr 10, 2020

om_007 , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    if you can't even afford a OnePlus phone what is the point of "NEVER SETTLE"

9. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2020

Chinda , Apr 10, 2020 :
    You are missing the whole point that the OnePlus NEVER SETTLE slogan was never about selling cheap priced phone's. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Carl and Pete have talked about the OnePlus philosophy and long term goals numerous times.

They were open honest that when a OnePlus phone finally released as good as the rival Apple, Samsung flagships the price would go up to around their level.👌🏾

The OnePlus 8 Pro will cater to the flagship buyers, the regular OnePlus 8 will cater for the upper mid range buyer's. And the upcoming OnePlus Z later this year will cater for the budget range buyer's.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020

10. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Yeah. I feel 8 Pro is a step higher up and intends to compete more with devices such as S20 Ultra then what the 7 Pro or 7T Pro competed against.

11. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Yeah. Sooner or later there may be a change. But I think it's hard to avoid it with the battle over becoming the most extreme preformance beast. And as long as they are sold in great numbers they will carry on taking it one step further.
    This battle does in hand create new models like Z (lite versions)... So it's not all bad. 3 phones for different wallets is not that bad if you ask me. I'll get the Pro simply because I'm too nuts and nerdy to avoid it and settle with regular 8. Do I need Pro? Certainly not. Want it? Hell yeah 😋
    I just hope they will keep up in the software department...

12. Dobsonov
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

Dobsonov , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Maybe that is the case more recently but in the beginning they certainly promoted the "Never Settle" slogan in regard to give the best quality possible without compromising on cost.

Oneplus are not stupid, they will have done their research and will price the new devices at whatever price they think will give them the most sales/most profit, and I am not annoyed by a gradual price increase because I think that is inevitable.

What I, and a lot of Oneplus customers/fans will be frustrated by is the HUGE jump in price (if the leaks are correct) and because until now Oneplus has made great phones but always with caveat of being great "for the price" (kind of like being told you look good...for your age!), if they start charging these kind of prices for their phones then they will really be competing against the top of the range devices, and while I personally like Oneplus phones, a lot of people will prefer to go for the more established companies like Samsung or iPhone.

Deactivated User and om_007 like this.
  13. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2020

Chinda , Apr 11, 2020 :
    If the price leaks are accurate the regular OnePlus 8 is expected to retail for €729 for the basic 8/128GB version and €829 for the 12/256GB version. That's roughly £640 for 8/128GB & £728 for 12/256GB in my country UK. I do personally think that is too expensive for the regular OnePlus 8 as the main Sony IMX586 camera sensor is average. And the LPDDR4X RAM is outdated, it was even in the OnePlus 5 three years ago.

For the OnePlus 8 Pro €929 for the 8/128GB version and €1019 for the 12/256GB version. That would be roughly £816 for 8/128GB and £895 for 12/256GB. That for me personally is a fair price considering the excellent Sony IMX689 main camera sensor used and the faster LPDDR5 RAM. Along with 120hz screen and the 30W wireless charging capabilities.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020

G.Madhusudhan and Q1572331463736 like this.
  14. YASINMARFANI
    Froyo Apr 11, 2020

YASINMARFANI , Apr 11, 2020 :
    Yes this prices are true and fair also

and according to me camera is the deal breaker when it comes to buying OP 8

where as it is a strong point for 8 pro

15. johnoc1
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2020

johnoc1 , Apr 12, 2020 :
    Keeping
    with the ethos of the company this is the year we can now incorporate ips rating and wireless charging technologies and at the same time keeping oneplus 8 at ground beating price

16. aarushrajani
    Froyo Apr 12, 2020

17. aarushrajani
    Froyo Apr 12, 2020

aarushrajani , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 12, 2020 :
    Still believe why I stick to OP is their price and worth for money.

if they exceed a certain amount, I believe like myself, many customers will prefer other esteemed/ bigger brands when there is little to differentiate in terms of price.

18. YASINMARFANI
    Froyo Apr 12, 2020

YASINMARFANI , Apr 12, 2020 :
    Yes same here if one plus crosses 60k there will be very limited customers wanting to buy the one plus 8 pro

as well as if the one plus 8 crosses 40K

aarushrajani likes this.
  19. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 12, 2020

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Apr 12, 2020 :
    Indeed difficult time for a lot of people. For OnePlus, competitors and a lot of people around the world.
    Of course device will be a bit more expensive than previous OnePlus models. But...
    - They will still be relatively cheap by the (popular) powerhouses.
    - OnePlus have a lot of resale value (in MY experience and from what i see/hear around. What about your experience?)
    - OnePlus has much more to offer than their most expensive model. Cheaper ones. Or maybe even more expensive ones (exclusive models) later on. So if you don't like the flavour, get another one (if you think its financially wise) .

Mod-edit: i changed the CapsLocked title

20. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2020

2pints , Apr 12, 2020 :
    Oneplus 6T Purchased for £529, re-sale trade in price £136