1597089696507.jpg

1597089696526.jpg

1597089696488.jpg

1597089696447.jpg

1597089696469.jpg

Device purchased on (Aug 6 ) via Amazon

Usage 4 days (Aug 6- Aug 10)

Issues Encountered

DAY 1 issue encountered Tinting (purple and green).
    Day 2 issue encountered (Black bar and hole punch banding and black crush). Using Netflix all the issues was evident in the display.
    Day 3 Issue encountered Phone display freezes suddenly become unresponsive on Qhd+ with 120 hz + screen flickering.
    Day 4 Issue encountered Haptic motor start vibrating continuously while fast forwarding and reverse video on Netflix. If you tap and hold the video bar the Haptic motors start buzzing continuously.

Issues was reported to the OnePlus support team and no one replied it's been 3 days now.(They said 48 hours )

Finally a true flagship experience .

I guess now I finally have to" GET SETTLE".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

2. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2020

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 11, 2020 :
    live with it or else return it !
    simple answer !
    because OnePlus don't listen on this topic !

lately i have inclined to using mine !..
    because if you think T series will be free of all this, then it's a big mistake to think that way !...

eg : Nord !

else it's solely your decision !

ASCHENTE_V and Sheppards like this.
  3. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I guess may be you are true but I am surprised at the level of quality control OnePlus putting forward in regards to their products(it surely doesn't fell assuring) when it comes to purchasing a product. Now when you don't even know that the product have been even tested before reaching to the customer.

4. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2020

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 11, 2020 :
    i think , they are lacking in calibration part !
    because if it was a hardware part then they would have not done with nord !
    they would have corrected it by moving on to another manufacturers !

regarding black bar i think it is because of punch hole cut out !..
    it's my assumption !
    but when we goes to 60hz , black bar gets vanish !

don't know what they are doing for this !...
    i doubt that are they capable of rectifying it also or not ?
    Samsung did it by software part !
    but oneplus could not !

oppo find x2 use same 10bit display , same cut out , same refresh rate , same manufacturer and STILL IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM !

5. Pavan konduri
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Pavan konduri , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I think im going back to apple this November. First the display issues on 8 pro and now on Nord series. And news of facebook services pre installed. The only android brand i love is oneplus, if oneplus are going this way im going to switch back to IOS

hearty128b likes this.
  6. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2020

ankitmaity , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    The pictures look alright, you are using it at full brightness so it's hard to see any tint. In any case, that's not punch hole banding, the YouTube app does not give a navbar colour intent so it has black by default.

7. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :

ankitmaity

The pictures look alright, you are using it at full brightness so it's hard to see any tint. In any case, that's not punch hole banding, the YouTube app does not give a navbar colour intent so it has black by default.​

The picture at full brightness is for reference (grey background)at maximum brightness the picture is grey in colour and when lower the brightness significantly the grey turn in to purple as you can see so it's the same picture at different level of brightness .

The YouTube picture if you can see at top bar it's actually green insted of black all the pictures are taken from the camera of another phone in a dark environment it's really hard to capture .

If you think taking screenshot would help then you are mistaken as it doest let you capture the exact content appearance on the phone.

For black bar same thing it's really hard to capture as the environment was really dark but all the issues are evident in the display of phone .

8. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2020

ankitmaity , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 12, 2020 :

R@hit91

ankitmaity

The pictures look alright, you are using it at full brightness so it's hard to see any tint. In any case, that's not punch hole banding, the YouTube app does not give a navbar colour intent so it has black by default.

The picture at full brightness is for reference (grey background)at maximum brightness the picture is grey in colour and when lower the brightness significantly the grey turn in to purple as you can see so it's the same picture at different level of brightness .

The YouTube picture if you can see at top bar it's actually green insted of black all the pictures are taken from the camera of another phone in a dark environment it's really hard to capture .

If you think taking screenshot would help then you are mistaken as it doest let you capture the exact content appearance on the phone.

For black bar same thing it's really hard to capture as the environment was really dark but all the issues are evident in the display of phone .​

huh? who said anything about screenshot. Some of your pictures are inconclusive is what I'm saying. And how can you see a green tint when the LEDs are completely off at 0 brightness? It seems like the entire screen might be miscalibrated.

9. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I don't think so and the level of brightness is around 10- 25 % not 0.

10. hearty128b
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2020

hearty128b , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Was thinking to do the same.
    But apple will use OLED displays from LG this year..

Let's hope they don't disappoint in quality

And yesss the display issues and Facebook stuff
    Really sucks [e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e]

Also the new look of Oxygen os is one UI design shit.

WTFFFFF

Pavan konduri likes this.