Experience with OnePlus 5 via OnePlus 5

1. feernando997
    Froyo May 2, 2021

feernando997 , via OnePlus 5 , May 2, 2021 :
    Helo! This post is just to report the experience I have had with my OnePlus 5 in just over 2 and a half years. In those two years I had many good experiences, the device showed itself very fast, with a great battery and performance, with great pictures taken and it never disappointed. This is my first cell phone of the brand, but possibly also the last. As much as a lot of things were pleasant in those two years, a lot of things were bad. In less than two years I had problems with the rear camera, which started to not work properly zooming spoiling the photos, now also the input for the headset has stopped working and ejects the headset not allowing to hear anything. Another problem was the lack of respect on the part of OnePlus with us Op5 users, updating the device to version 10 of Android and abandoning it with several bugs, taking too long to bring corrections, leaving the phone slow and with leg since the pro updates Android 9. My last device was one from Motorola, which lasted 5 years before it started to give problems like these. Considering the high value of the OnePlus 5 that I acquired in 12/2017 and its short time of use, it was expected to have greater durability. OnePlus has always been very quick in its updates and that is a positive point, the phone has also always been very fast, but unfortunately it seems that everything that was good was short lived. This is my experience with this brand. Thanks!

D1517780204222 likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 3, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 3, 2021 :
    Do a Full Factory Reset

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    ⚠️Enable Erase Internal Storage⚠️

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/02/20/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here
    https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

How to Backup Android Phone to Google Drive
    https://mashtips.com/android-backup-to-google-drive/

Bobbie63 likes this.
  3. adam1709
    Donut May 6, 2021

4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 6, 2021

5. adam1709
    Donut May 6, 2021

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow May 6, 2021

Waveform Modifier , May 6, 2021 :
    I'm still waiting for my OnePlus 2 update, and we know how that turned out.

Caoimhín and Tobikage like this.
  7. adam1709
    Donut May 6, 2021

adam1709 , May 6, 2021 :
    In the case of 2, 3, there was nothing after the message?
    In 5th this message was in the middle of the thread somehow funny instead of officially as a new thread.

8. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow May 7, 2021

Waveform Modifier , May 7, 2021 :
    It's still official nevertheless

Caoimhín and Tobikage like this.
  9. Tobikage
    Nougat May 7, 2021

Tobikage , May 7, 2021 :
    That is how little they're bothered.

Move on.

10. feernando997
    Froyo May 24, 2021

feernando997 , via OnePlus 5 , May 24, 2021 :
    Friend, if a complete and deep reset worked it would have already solved, I tried everything, unfortunately the problems are hardware and some software. I love the Oxygen OS interface and so I don't switch to a custom rom to solve software problems. But even if it changed, the hardware problems would still remain.

11. SinghRa2731
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2021

SinghRa2731 , Jun 5, 2021 :
    Hi.
    For you issue with headphone jack getting ejected,try cleaning the port with a toothpick.
    Usually it's the lint and dust accumulated over time that's the culprits. I came to conclusions post buying 3 different headphones to sort this issue.

feernando997 likes this.
  12. feernando997
    Froyo Jun 10, 2021 at 1:26 AM

feernando997 , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 10, 2021 at 1:26 AM :
    Hello Friend. Glad you managed to clean it up. In my case it's not dirt because the phone is ejected at the same time it is connected. But I've also tried cleaning and it didn't work. My only solution was to use a Bluetooth headset. Thank you for your attention.