Experience with the replacement Unit (Brand new) via OnePlus 5

1. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Hi Everyone, Hope you all are safe and doing well.

Last week I posted a thread in the forum regarding my experience with 8 pro so far. Initially I was facing issues with the phone display.

Now this is my second post regarding my experience . I got my replacement yesterday (Brand new device manufactured in Aug 2020) via Amazon.

The replacement unit I received had major display issues (Tinting, blackbar, banding and black crush ) evident in the display and it is even worse than my initial purchased device.

The phone has serious display issues I was surprised at the level of quality control OnePlus is conducting in regards to their products.

I guess they don't care if their users are facing issues with their recently launched products it just shows the company is moving forward in a direction where they don't value feedback provided to them by the community. The support department doesn't reply via email or call doesn't connect , at the end of the day the user suffers and OnePlus is not rectifying the issues at all.

I would like to say, Anyone who is considering this device to be cautious as these issues can arise and make a sound decision as the device is costly.

I am attaching some pictures for reference.

links for videos . I guess for some users I have to share this, help yourself.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11mdwNAv4LLQ4D14Q9jig0KOSAUX1_DvB/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jqgwRSxooW8maCFZfJf5DV_fQQF3p_g/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11hNR1QA8F8HUIwFCgnARV0B_1MKHP5QR/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11gd9XxLm58CEWmEpitikPua2O_Cx9haU/view?usp=drivesdk

View attachment 1400770

View attachment 1400773

1597391347856.jpg

1597391348049.jpg

1597391348184.jpg

1597391348314.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020

2. Ritrai
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

3. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

4. kak91
    Froyo Aug 14, 2020

kak91 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 14, 2020 :
    The display is good by seeing the picture don't examine or experiment the device Enjoy your device you are going to see the same screen continuously??Every device has a slight tint thats a nature of Amoled..

5. Adrian1976 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 14, 2020 :
    I'm sorry but these people that are complaining about the screen either lower the brightness to it's minimum or raise it to it's maximum in a dark room on a black background, who uses their device like that, stop fault finding, this will be with all screens no matter the tech, jeez.

Mewz and SteveCP like this.
  6. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2020

ankitmaity , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 14, 2020 :
    I use it at 0-10% brightness, what's your point?

7. Adrian1976 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Do you view your TV at 0-10% brightness? no I figured not so what's your point? nit picking, lower your TVs brightness to it's minimum or maximum and you'll see a similar effect, it's not a fault it's the way screens are developed per se.

9. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2020

Adrian1976

Do you view your TV at 0-10% brightness? no I figured not so what's your point? nit picking, lower your TVs brightness to it's minimum or maximum and you'll see a similar effect, it's not a fault it's the way screens are developed per se.

No I don't, but I use my phone at 0-10%, what's your problem? It's my device I bought with my money and I decide how to use it. Stop putting down other customers because just because you "feel" OnePlus is innocent, if you're so willing to defend OnePlus, buy a replacement phone for every customer and don't shame users for airing their complaints. Have some tact.
    And no, my Bravia has no tinting at all, at any brightness.

10. Adrian1976 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Valid issues yes, if anyone in the right mind thinks 2 screens are the same then your misinformed or have no idea how these screens are manufactured, that's for every manufacturer not just OP.

I don't see anything wrong with that screen other than it's brightness is too low or too high, do you see anything untoward? other than the usual discrepancies between 2 devices?

I've had Samsung phones 3 of the same model, out of the entire 3 they all had different screens.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020

11. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 14, 2020 :
    C'mon, tinting issues (both green and violet), black crush... Users shouldn't be aware or informed, how panels are manufactured, in order to notice and inform OnePlus about badly calibrated displays with tons of problems.

It has been discussed multiple times, screen issues are there ever since OPO and majorly since OP 5. That ain't amoled specific. And OnePlus attempts to hide crap under carpet via screen brightness limitations didn't help and shouldn't have been called a fix.

12. Adrian1976 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Look at the image carefully, it's on an angle, if it was taken straight the black would have been uniform from top to bottom.

Not defending OP at all, this is my first OP device since the OP5 which I sent back (which incidentally had a perfect screen other than being mounted upside down)

Taking images with cameras is just not going to do it, it has to be perfectly flat not at an angle as these are.

13. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2020

Great so now you think two screens are different? I thought you said all AMOLED screens have this problem? Quit your strawman arguments and give respect to users. If every AMOLED screen in the world is faulty, they wouldn't make them or advertise them as colour-accurate and the fact that your previous devices had defects is not my problem, it's yours.

14. Adrian1976 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Aug 14, 2020 :
    Yes they are all different, I'm sure everyone in know does know that, have you never had 2 devices the same with different white balances, I've had lots.

And yes they are all different same with CPUs in PC's all come from a different part of the fab, if your lucky you get a good one from a good chunk of the fab, same with screens, depends where it's picked from the large fab. do a search on Google.

15. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

16. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

neeraj5252 likes this.
  17. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

19. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 15, 2020

20. R@hit91
    Donut Aug 15, 2020