Experienced Users share some knowledge!

1. rishabhmadaan
    Froyo Jan 2, 2015

rishabhmadaan , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Hi there, I'm new here, as I browse through the forums, I see a common view of experienced users saying it's very easy to get an invite these days. (Talking about India Only invites here)
    The thing is I don't find that true at all, firstly there are loads of people literally begging for invites, not that it's the right thing to do, but the fact they need to beg is only coz of either of the two reasons, that either the invites are not actually "very" easily obtainable, or they are just sad.
    I want to believe the latter is true, but during my month in the forums I'm leaning towards the former.

So the whole point of creating this thread was to request the experienced, seasoned users, to share how can the invites be obtained.

P. S. - Talking about India Specific invites here.

supergoldi and parthgharat like this.
  2. oojafink
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2015

oojafink , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Havent seen anyone saying that indian invites are easy to get. I must have missed that.

3. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 2, 2015

meatandy , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Funny you mention that!
    A forum member from India offered me an iv. The other day and I'm in the USA.

4. lassmat
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2015

lassmat , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Are you talking about Indian specific invites? If so, it is a different issue compared to the global ones. I think the Indian invites might be difficult to get as a result of the problems Oneplus has in that country. Otherwise, it's pretty easy to get the global ones. You have to, for example, hang around the Invites category of the forum.

rishabhmadaan, SoniaB and milkdude like this.
  5. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jan 2, 2015

SoniaB , Jan 2, 2015 :
    A lot of talk about the India invites just now. Truth is there are more users wanting an invite than invites shared in the forum. A lot are being sold for money on sites like eBay.

Hopefully, in the coming weeks, more invites will come available. In the meantime, complete the form on the India Invites section, contribute to threads within the forum, form good friendships with other members. If an invite comes available, a member may decide to share with someone they have conversed with previously first before posting a thread to share that way.

Good luck!

rishabhmadaan and milkdude like this.
  6. milkdude
    KitKat Jan 2, 2015

milkdude , Jan 2, 2015 :
    I would agree with what's been said. Global are pretty easy to get. India invites are tough to find, as they are relatively new. As @SoniaB mentioned, be active and watch the threads, as well as make some friends. Which will help.
    Also just to note, when I joined in April , it took almost 2 months to get an invite, so have patience, it will come.

venu_togari, rishabhmadaan and SoniaB like this.
  7. stevoswifty
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2015

stevoswifty , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Iv not had an invite yet iv been here for a couple months but I don't hound the forum to build up my post count and iv got one lol

rishabhmadaan likes this.
  8. milkdude
    KitKat Jan 2, 2015

milkdude , Jan 2, 2015 :
    I assume your looking for an India invite

9. geetubhatia
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2015

10. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jan 3, 2015

rishabhmadaan and SoniaB like this.
  11. rishabhmadaan
    Froyo Jan 3, 2015

rishabhmadaan , Jan 3, 2015 :
    The thing is, people make threads, so called "guides" in India Forums saying it's super easy to get the invite to trash the people begging. I get the trashing part, they deserve it, but they sometimes mislead! Hence the reason for this post. :)

SoniaB likes this.
  12. rishabhmadaan
    Froyo Jan 3, 2015

Ha ha! That's the irony! :p

SoniaB likes this.
  13. rishabhmadaan
    Froyo Jan 3, 2015

Now replies like these is what meets the objective of my post! Thank You! Cheers!

SoniaB likes this.
  14. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jan 3, 2015

SoniaB , Jan 3, 2015 :
    Welcome!

15. rishabhmadaan
    Froyo Jan 3, 2015

SoniaB likes this.
  16. AuntieAnn
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2015

AuntieAnn , Jan 3, 2015 :
    You must have read wrong because India specific invites are harder to get than the ******* bamboo cover and that's really saying something. We were speaking of the global invites. If you want and India invite, go to XDA forums. They post them there as well.

SoniaB and rishabhmadaan like this.
  17. Thedulli
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2015

Thedulli , Jan 3, 2015 :
    The annoying aspect is I have offered non-Indian invites out and some members will claim them, but not purchase them. My theory is that members who are looking for Indian invites will go for international ones and therefore deny people who could have used them. I have offered 6 invites and three expired. Having worked out the issue, it was three Indian forum members who had claimed them.

To make this easier for members, I think there should be an India-only invites section in the forums to help differentiate between the two types of invites.

SoniaB, venu_togari and rishabhmadaan like this.
  18. rishabhmadaan
    Froyo Jan 3, 2015

Ahhh, will do that! Patience is one thing I can afford for a phone like One plus one. :)

milkdude and SoniaB like this.
  19. rishabhmadaan
    Froyo Jan 3, 2015

Really? good to know that! thanks!

SoniaB and AuntieAnn like this.
  20. vikas9554
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2015