Explanations needed from OnePlus regarding the Watch

1. Placebo01nl
    Donut Apr 18, 2021

Placebo01nl , Apr 18, 2021 :
    To say that OnePlus was bullish with the pre-launch of the Watch is to understate their behavior, major boasts were made and promises given about performance and Quality.
    We, the Community were happy and a lot of us were waiting to order the product.
    The first signs something was wrong came with pre-release hints given by established reviewers on major sites that there may be issues....but no real details because the reviews were still under embargo.
    I remember the piece here written by the Watch product manager, lots to say then NOTHING to say now.
    The reviews were universally awful. Too big, poor OS, no external apps, little more than a fitness tracker missing half of the fitness support promised. Terrible accuracy...so many things were clearly wrong with this product..2 major firmware updates planned to add the features we were promised here.
    Still the reviews arrived on time, BEFORE the product became available in the store! Yet nothing from OnePlus? No comments, nothing.
    Unacceptable to let your core customers buy a product that is not retail ready...the Price might seem attractive but if the thing cannot track activities, cant connect to the app and fails the most simple tests: why even launch it?
    A delay to address the major issues, info to the end customer to install an update....all the things we should expect from a Company that respects its customers.
    This would have cost money but would have avoided selling a product unworthy of the OnePlus name.
    I read with despair all the people buying this thing: Don't they read reviews? (outside of this site?)
    I just do not understand it.
    I like the One Plus approach to the Community. it seems proactive and it seems that the interactions are noted, listened too and have value. However now, this radio silence around this product seems to show that things have changed. Focus is being moved to a broader range of products with a resulting dip in quality control (i hope i am wrong).
    So OnePlus: Gert that guy back online, the Project leader for the watch. Lets him tell us his / your reaction to the terrible reviews, tell us what you will be doing to save this product? If you think it is awesome still? explain why and show us why!

2. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 18, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Apr 18, 2021 :
    OnePlus don't provides any explanation on community forums but you have the choice to ask questions in the various official links below.

"A product can never be perfect, but it’s something we consistently strive towards."
    Quoted by @Raymond Z.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-watch-deep-dive-and-faq.1411152/

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/smart-everywear-introducing-the-oneplus-watch.1402641/

Pete Lau: “A smartwatch is not a smartphone”. What should it be? @Cheetosdust
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...s-not-a-smartphone-what-should-it-be.1419965/

Tokolozi and Bobbie63 like this.
  3. Placebo01nl
    Donut Apr 18, 2021