Explore more on OxygenOS12

1. akks
    Lollipop Oct 5, 2021

akks , Oct 5, 2021 :
    OnePlus won't provide MIUI music app anyday, for that you will have to get a Xiaomi device itself. Everyone has there own choices, for that only there are 100s of music apps in playstore. This has been discussed in this forum many times.

2. AbdullahMesud , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Oct 5, 2021 :
    Thank you for answer.

akks likes this.
  3. anesh3467
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2021

4. SonicDrew
    Froyo Oct 5, 2021

SonicDrew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 5, 2021 :
    So far this version (12 beta) seems very nice. Though I do have some things I've noticed since installing.

The battery circle option is gone which is unfortunate because it was a small detail that seemed unique and more professional compared to the bar.

The clock at the top of my unlocked screen is really small and doesn't change no matter what.

The fingerprint sensor icon is also a lot smaller.

120 refresh rate can sometimes be wonky (even scrolling through here it seemed a bit slow)

Customizable color change for icons is limited to bold colors, so if you wanted a deep red or a pale blue that is no longer an option.

And (only once so far) my phone locked itself, went completely black and when I'd hold the power button only a large white square would appear on the screen. I had to hold down both the volume buttons and power button to do a hard reboot (not hard reset). After that everything seemed fine.

Sometimes switching between apps can hiccup and jitter.

These are just small changes and one problem I've noticed so far.

Hope this helps to anyone who's on the fence!

5. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2021

6. fookiatchong
    Donut Oct 5, 2021

7. Dhruv Kashyap
    KitKat Oct 5, 2021

8. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 5, 2021

9. sathishsha
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2021

10. Young_Blood
    KitKat Oct 5, 2021

teja.k t and Oxygen126 like this.
  11. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Oct 5, 2021

hennes , Oct 5, 2021 :
    Thanks @Gary C.

You've now reported on how the front end of Color OS will now look, and I would argue that it's more or less an Oxygen theme. But what you didn't say, but what I would actually be interested in, is how much you have taken over from the Android 12 "Material You Design", that is:

1. 1. did you integrate the function that now all buttons are no longer assigned to a fixed color, but is oriented based on the selected background image and thus colors the buttons accordingly?
    2. was the appearance of the lockscreen and the notification bar with the large buttons adopted, which almost looks as if it were iOS?
    3. was the lockscreen with the huge clock also adopted, and when a notification arrives, it also lands in the center of the screen and the clock slides up?
    4. have the privacy settings been taken over, i.e. the dashboard that provides an overview of the permissions of individual apps and shows which apps have accessed the camera, microphone, location and device sensors in the past 48 hours?
    5. was the "LED" i.e. a colored dot in the top right corner of the status bar adopted when e.g. the Camera, Microphone is activated? If so, did you remove the circle around the front camera when it is in use?

This and much more that Android 12 brings with it has unfortunately not been mentioned and I would be happy if something had been said about it. Thus, I am left with the impression that the Oxygen theme has only been added to the Color OS.

Nevertheless, I thank you for your comments.

12. SonicDrew
    Froyo Oct 5, 2021

SonicDrew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 5, 2021 :
    Voice modulator? What is that?

Dhruv Kashyap likes this.
  13. Last edited: Oct 5, 2021

A1viejr1 and Oxygen126 like this.
  14. Gamingtime1121
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2021

15. ion2910
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2021

17. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Oct 5, 2021

Aaron2017 , Oct 5, 2021 :
    Will not get it, as you can read in the first post up top:

1633410017055.jpg

arindamop3T likes this.
  19. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Oct 5, 2021

Liehjan , Oct 5, 2021 :
    Thank you @Gary C. :)
    There are definitely things I like, and don't like with the new design... I hope it will grow on me with time.

Caomhin, Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.