EZguardz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Review

1. Huzaifahbharucha
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2014

Huzaifahbharucha , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Hello,
    I recently bought a Spartan Tempered Glass screen protector from xtremeguard and it looks great but now the double tap to start feature doesnt work. Once i turn on the screen though, the sensitivity seems normal and double tapping to zoom in works perfectly fine. I was wondering if there was a way to make the lockscreen more sensitive (I think people were complaining about it being too sensitive when the phone first came out in regard to gestures like turning on the flashlight) or if there is another solution.
    thanks a lot!

2. Abhijeet357
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2014

hosangjava, gurugraptor and Ponds186 like this.
  3. gurugraptor
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2014

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

4. Mananpatel694
    Donut Sep 7, 2014

5. ketchum88
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2014

ketchum88 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    First off here is the link to the item I am reviewing.

Basically I did not want to spend 25 dollars on a screen protector. I searched on the forums here for a review of the EZguardz screen protector that you can buy on eBay for 8 dollars and could not find one. So I took a chance and decided I would bite on it and I am very pleased with the result.

[​IMG]
    The package arrived 2 days later than advertised, was slightly disappointing considering I wanted to be able to attach the screen protector and case at the same time I got the phone. The packaging was very nice, compact envelope with bubble rap on the interior and instructions for applying the protector on the back. It was shipped via USPS.

[​IMG]
    The contents of the package are very high quality in my opinion. Included was the Tempered Glass Screen Protector, application card, and a felt cloth for cleaning.

Applying the tempered glass was very easy. All I did was give the screen a good rubdown with the felt cloth and lined up the protector with the speaker at the top. It pretty much applied itself once I laid it down. I would recommend doing this in a dust free environment...or in my case...a cat free environment (I got a small cat hair suck under the protector =/)

Having used the phone for 2 days prior to attaching the tempered glass, I can say I do not feel a difference between the actual screen and the protector on the phone. I guess I would say it feels like glass, does not stick when you scroll and is virtually invisible.

To add, the protector covers the entire front of the phone including the front facing camera lens. It does leave an opening for the speaker, and it leaves i would say less than .5 millimeter on either side. I can speak for the Cruzerlite case for it being a solid pair, the case protects the outer portion of the phone and lines right up to the screen where the tempered glass starts.

Other than that I am very pleased and this is well worth the purchase if you are looking to not go big and get one of the 25 dollar tempered glass protectors.​

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

Rzzycat and danstheman7 like this.
  6. Stephen Gunnoe

ketchum88 likes this.
  7. ketchum88

Yeah I hear you, I just wanted to shine some light on some of these lesser brand protectors and give them some credit. For a fraction of the price they really hold up against the heavy hitters.

brickren and Stephen Gunnoe like this.
  8. rnmhaag
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2014

ketchum88 likes this.
  9. Nichukabra
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

Nichukabra , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Thanks for the post.

What about the actual feel of the screen? I know it's a bit of a weird question but I've had previous experiences with screen protectors that have done their job (protecting the screen) at the cost of altering the way the screen felt.

For example, the last screen protector I had on my Galaxy Nexus has actually made it really uncomfortable to scroll things around the screen with my finger. It was almost sticky and felt like rubber. Now this wasn't a cheap knock off of a screen protector. I had to get it shipped from the US (currently located in AUS) and the company claimed that the material could not be pierced by anything other than a very VERY sharp object. They went as far as claiming that a variation of this film is used on the NASA space shuttles to enforce the glass.

Which was a great selling point. But after some time, I started noticing that the screen would actually stick to the inside of my pocket while I'm taking the phone out.

ketchum88 likes this.
  10. ketchum88

Good question and I should have included that in the review. Having used the phone for 2 days prior to attaching the tempered glass, I can say I do not feel a difference between the actual screen and the protector on the phone. I guess I would say it feels like glass, does not stick when you scroll and is virtually invisible.

To add, the protector covers the entire front of the phone including the front facing camera lens. It does leave an opening for the speaker, and it leaves i would say less than .5 millimeter on either side. I can speak for the Cruzerlite case for it being a solid pair, the case protects the outer portion of the phone and lines right up to the screen where the tempered glass starts.

Nichukabra likes this.
  11. Nichukabra
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

Nichukabra , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Cool! That's a very handy protector then.

I might even order one for myself.

Thanks for that!

ketchum88 likes this.
  12. danstheman7
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2014

ketchum88 likes this.
  13. bobby2005

bobby2005 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    I think that the best review for screen protector can be done from someone who had a case to insure that the pocetor really keeps the screen from damage - dropping on the floor, etc.....
    May be there are such threads, but I couldn't seen any.
    I am using Nikllin tempered screen protector - it fits good on OPO, also the sensitivity of the screen is OK. But I can't say that it really protects screen from damage as I haven't dropped my phone at this moment.
    So I really will appreciate if some one can share his/her experience with such cases

14. SaintsDonVito
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

15. ketchum88
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2014

ketchum88 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    pretty sure that protector for 1 dollar is just a general screen protector and not tempered glass

16. ketchum88

ketchum88 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Also I dropped my phone today and the tempered glass did shatter but protected my screen from the damage. Not a scratch. Will be ordering another one.

17. SaintsDonVito
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

SaintsDonVito , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Multiple options available on that page, one of the options is the Spartan tempered glass.

18. joythewizard
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

joythewizard , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Wow. That's really good to know. Just ordered one. Thanks!

19. Sukianes

Sukianes , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Lucky you had that protector!

20. shinej08
    Donut Sep 23, 2014